Hurricane plan, use several autoflowers to harvest early, thoughts.

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radrichie61

radrichie61

Good day. Hey I thought I would ask your opinion. I live in coastal NC and had to harvest prematurely after significant damage from hurricane Ian last year and every year I battle storms.

Can’t do indoor and I am maybe backyarding it or guerrilla. Instead of long grow photos, autos in the ground in April or May and harvest before August and September to avoid a similar situation. 10 auto’s vs 4-5 photos might be a good strategy.

Any comments on good high yield low height, tolerates LST, let me know your opinion. The weather will be optimal until mid July or so.

Thanks and thoughts…

Good day,

RR

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Lots of auto questions lately , has ur blood pressure risen? Lol
no, haha.. well maybe.
i’ve never grown one never will, seen enough on here and some friends have grown them too for the same reasons outdoor, finish sooner, avoid mildew etc.. meanwhile all their plants looked like crap in the end, than when ready to smoke i’ll ask how is it, oh it’s good- that means it’s shit..
geez maybe my blood is starting to boil..
just the stupidity of it..
seriously why grow it?

Homesteader

Homesteader

If you need to get plants harvested earlier in the season, I would look at this route and figure out a plan to manage the routine of putting it to bed before sundown as well as getting the plastic off once its dark so it can breathe. This may be extremely difficult in mid August in the south with your heat though.

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Any comments on good high yield low height, tolerates LST, let me know your opinion. The weather will be optimal until mid July or so.

Thanks and thoughts…

Good day,

RR
Be happy if you get 1 of those qualities.
I grew several different autos outdoors last year.
Each was different and no 2 had the same qualities.
They also are the only plants I have ever grown to develop PM.
I surmised " go figure, that is what you get when your plant buds in the most humid time of year". 🤷‍♂️
I accepted on day 21 of the grow that I had no control over them when I saw flowering start and I had barely had time to feed veg ferts!
I will probably not grow with them again.
Out of all the jars of cured pot I have they attract me the least?
In the old days before hair was invented guerillas used refrigerator boxes to black their plants out.

radrichie61

radrichie61

no, haha.. well maybe.
i’ve never grown one never will, seen enough on here and some friends have grown them too for the same reasons outdoor, finish sooner, avoid mildew etc.. meanwhile all their plants looked like crap in the end, than when ready to smoke i’ll ask how is it, oh it’s good- that means it’s shit..
geez maybe my blood is starting to boil..
just the stupidity of it..
seriously why grow it?
Cause hurricanes wiped out last years crop.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

@radrichie61 Could you grow outside in pots and take the plants to a safe place when a bad storm is likely?

radrichie61

radrichie61

@radrichie61 Could you grow outside in pots and take the plants to a safe place when a bad storm is likely?
Yeah but grow in NC. Has to be not on property. That would be easiest but, sigh. NC sux

radrichie61

radrichie61

Well I had already bought 5 seeds and will let you know what happens. Going in the ground early as everything seems to be getting sooner. NC has had a very warm winter. Maybe get a little something out of it. First grow last year so I am a super novice.

radrichie61

radrichie61

It was fun to be on here in the beginning but then you guys made it suck. Was not going to ever say it but GNick why are you and too many people on here dicks? And you are staff… ???

Homesteader and mosh you are good examples of the few I met that were nice, patient, and helpful. Thank you!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

It was fun to be on here in the beginning but then you guys made it suck. Was not going to ever say it but GNick why are you and too many people on here dicks? And you are staff… ???

Homesteader and mosh you are good examples of the few I met that were nice, patient, and helpful. Thank you!
Idk who hurt you, but @GNick55 is the man. Hes on here DAILY helping people, myself included. He wasnt at all trying to be a dick in my opinion. Hes just a really great, experienced grower who HATES autos and doesn't understand why they were made or why people grow them.

Last edited:
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

78ttqn

radrichie61

radrichie61

Idk who hurt you, but @GNick55 is the man. Hes on here DAILY helping people, myself included. He wasnt at all trying to be a dick in my opinion. Hes just a really great, experienced grower who HATES autos and doesn't understand why they were made or why people grow them.
it’s all good no harm done..
i definitely can be harsh at times,
Just trying to learn. If the shit worked then short multiple guerrilla harvest in prohibited state May have been a strategy. But I can tell you guys opinion, fuk, was just asking.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Just trying to learn. If the shit worked then short multiple guerrilla harvest in prohibited state May have been a strategy. But I can tell you guys opinion, fuk, was just asking.

I grow autos outside so no need to come at me man, I was just not liking the hostility you had towards our staff member so i said something.... gnick55 is a very helpfull person here on the farm. Any thread about autos that hes in, youll see the same thing there too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom