Hvac Question...

• Thread starter fastbacker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fastbacker

First post here. Been growing 22+ years for a living. Getting ready to jump into sealed rooms for the first time...

I'm looking to build two 4000 cubic foot flower rooms inside a warehouse in the SF Bay Area. Each room will have 16) 1000w de lights, 2) Quest 225's and a large sulphur burner. Ambient high temps will be 80 in the summer but only 60 in winter. AC compressor will be inside building in mezzanine with a room sized wind tunnel like exhaust system.

Are packaged units the way to go for simplicity? 7.5 tons per 16 light room sound about right?

Thanks!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Not to be an ass, but if your this "big time", sont you think you would already have this figured out?

Use a normal hvac unit. Install that, duct it up with a cold air return and DONE! When I move, it' what I'm doing.

the rrock

the rrock

Package units usually arent installed inside buildings,compressors usually outside with the air handler inside.Kinda also depends if your using a ductless system(mitsubishi ty[pe) or ducted ie. your package unit.

F

fastbacker

Not to be an ass, but if your this "big time", sont you think you would already have this figured out?

Use a normal hvac unit. Install that, duct it up with a cold air return and DONE! When I move, it' what I'm doing.
I don't really consider this "big time". I do have it all figured out aside from the a/c which I've never used in a grow...sf by the beach is a very friendly climate for growers.

F

fastbacker

Package units usually arent installed inside buildings,compressors usually outside with the air handler inside.Kinda also depends if your using a ductless system(mitsubishi ty[pe) or ducted ie. your package unit.
Yeah, thanks. I do realize any compressor is usually outside for heat reasons. I just think I can do it inside in the mezzanine with the proper ventilation.

F

fastbacker

First post here. Been growing 22+ years for a living. Getting ready to jump into sealed rooms for the first time...

I'm looking to build two 4000 cubic foot flower rooms inside a warehouse in the SF Bay Area. Each room will have 16) 1000w de lights, 2) Quest 225's and a large sulphur burner. Ambient high temps will be 80 in the summer but only 60 in winter. AC compressor will be inside building in mezzanine with a room sized wind tunnel like exhaust system.

Are packaged units the way to go for simplicity? 7.5 tons per 16 light room sound about right?

Thanks!

Just realized I wrote "large sulphur burner" whereas I meant to write large CO2 burner.

B

Burned Haze

^ and you could even run (3) AC 36k btu (3ton) instead of one 9-10ton and if that makes it so the fan is even in the room even if it’s center ( plus as a fail safe : if one of your machines fail you can get it repaired and you still have 66% operational (2/3) .

Maybe this is just a dumb option for “bigger ops” but for my 8-12 1000 de or lec i thought this would be a good addition to my only relying on my lung room for cold air ( negative pressure design )

As the only “diy” I found a fairly well reviewed and well sold product that was a copy cat of mitsubishi AC mini splits but precharged lines and even Home Depot sells and ships them at good price (amazon too )
MR. COOL
http://mrcool.com/

I’m thinking of getting a 24-36k since summer time I need the upgrade . The system def sounds nice and efficient :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JonathanM

Are you still looking for an HVAC system? Well, I also have an HVAC system in my home, which I generally used for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning purpose. I know how important HVAC system in the home. It consists of so many devices like air cooler, furnace, chiller, etc. that need to be maintained in a proper way. Well, it is true that in this era of technology, you can control the temperature of the air conditioning system with the help of the single remote. This system required almost half of the energy that your home uses. One can see this site to hire a professional HVAC contractor that helps you to install HVAC systems in your premises. On the other, it is very important to maintain this system in a good condition in order to run all its units properly.

Top Bottom