Hydro Halo dripper's

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey guys,

just wanted to know if anyone is using these Hydro Halo drippers? I'm in the middle of setting up a table and wanted to hear from anyone using them. I'm growing in hydroton and I'm planning on feeding every two hours to start at a 15 minute cycle. Would love to get some guide lines from anyone using these.

I'll post how these work out for me. I'm mainly after better roots and even feeding in the hydroton. I was doing the normal ebb&flo, but my water lever wasn't getting high enough. That was due to the rez tank size. I'm suck at a 40 gallon. By dripping, I don't have to flood the whole area of the table and I can use a smaller rez tank by dripping over flooding.

Any way, any info would be great. Thanks
Take care,
BG

deacon1503

deacon1503

ive got them in 2 of my rooms now, the 9" . the holes are very small and tend to clog easily. an inline filter is crucial. my hydro store guy told me they tend to crack where the top and bottom are glued together and can leak out when pressurized but i havent seen that yet. my suggestion would be to clean the holes out regularly by just removing the halos and poking the holes clean with a pin.

D

Donkdbz

I use em and throw AACT tea in my rez once a week. No problems with clogging. They work just fine.

They have 2 downsides
1-need a big pump
2- need lots of ball valves other wise they flow uneven

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Im using them and love them...Under Current came up with a little hose peice and connector that work great to interface with the pump manifolds. I am runnin a very small pump and no ball valves at all, the halos are basically pressure compensators so i am not sure why you would need them

P

psilo

Tex or anyone,

What size pump would you recommend for 6 of the 9" halo's?

Thanks

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Yea, I'm looking into doing a Halo setup myself. I want to know the same thing. How many can I run with my 1HP sump pump (56GPM) And work proper? This watering by hand stuff sucks!

Thanks

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning everyone,

for some reason I didn't get my e-mail alert for everyone posting. Any ways, thanks for all the info. I'm sure it will help out others now and down the road. Here's my setup and hope it helps others.

Table #1 Running PBP line with 40 gallon tank, 3x6 table with 2 rows of 5 sites and a EcoPlus 633 GPH

Table #2 Running GH 3 Part with a 40 gallon tank, 3x6 table with 3 rows of 5 sites and a EcoPlus 1056 GPH "HAVE NOT FIRED UP YET"

I'm running the 6" rings and table one was started with the 396 GPH pump. Since I've got a bunch of those laying around. The flow was perfect, but then it looked like sites where getting blocked. I'm thinking about maybe drilling out the hole a little bigger. I'm not running any ball valves and will try and get some pictures. I think I could use more flow. I'm wanting all my tables to be 3 rows with 5 sites each. So, 15 grow sites in a 3x6 table.

I was thinking about running an inline filter, any thoughts on that? PBP has some stuff in it and I'm worried it might be clogging the holes. No, I will not add tea to my rez tank. Thanks for the post. I'll let you know how the GH 3 part works out.
Take care,
BG

S

sonnyd

Hey billy goat, I'm also using the halos and was trying to get perfect flow with 16 sites in a 2x8 setup, however my last 4 wouldn't get much water. Would u mind sharing the results from your 15 sites and how you ran the lines to make it even without the use of a ball valve. Thanks a lot, I've tried doing some research but there aren't many hydro halo users out there.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Sorry, I haven't been around any. Been super sick and had to fly back east to deal with some family issues. Any ways, I'm running one pump. I've got a T coming off the pump and then 2 sets of lines. I've got like 7 on one side and 8 on the other side. I don't have any valves, and I notice issues at the end also.

One thing, that was posted earlier in the thread. A inline filter is a must. I was using PBP and had issues. I would run a filter to be safe. Even if it just a simple pump bag filter. Keep the holes from getting clogged. Next, you want all the lines coming off the main lines to be the same length. This will help with flow. I think valves and help with the metering, but I'd like to hear from TK on his setup.

I'm going to play around with it more and get it right. I'll post once I get it all in order and post some pictures. I'd like to see how TK does it with a small pump. I'm running a EcoPlus 1056 GPH and still get weak pressure on the end units.
Take care,
BG

UClover

UClover

Been using the Halos for a while on a new drip system, after only a few months almost all of the holes are clogged, granted no filter.

Good product, just wish they came apart for easy cleaning.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have the 6" HHDrip rings. Clogged like crazy. I drilled out the holes but they still clogged

The cause was algae buildup- lots of it

Great idea BUT

juggernaut

juggernaut

I'll give them a try and put a pc of white/black plastic over them for possible algae.
If they clog I'll switch to the cone drlppers x4 per pot.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I'll give them a try and put a pc of white/black plastic over them for possible algae.
If they clog I'll switch to the cone drlppers x4 per pot.

here's an idea that I should have thought of

get plastic jugs with diameter is larger than the HHs (chlorine jugs are white) and cut the bottom out then place over the drippers. If the plants are already in place, cut vertically so you can fit it around the plant

Latest posts

Top Bottom