Hydro Help On Lambs Breath first attempt at hydro

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

SETUP: 3X3 AC Infinity 3x3 tent kit, pushing 300 watts. Everything isconnected to phone to monitor VPN, PPFD amonsgt humidity, lights etc.
NUTES: Technaflor Recipe for Sucess
LIGHT CYCLE: 22 ON 2 OFF and will back down to 20 within last 2 weeks
FEEDING: This damn plant is THIRSTY and literally drank a whole bucket of nutrients in 3.5 days last week.
P.H: 5.8 (INCREASES AS TANK GET DRY NO HIGHER THEN 6.6

Issue is i dont know if i have a deficiency or too much of something. PH. is at 6.4, no pests, molds, plant was thriving.
ONLY thing i can think is i stripped a ton of leaves (which i always do at this time) as well as cuting out lower bud sites (it WAS a heavier defol then normal but this plant was A BUSH that took over the tent. Worse case i can throw the other stuff into another tent or outdoor but they are loving conditions.
Any help would be awesome as hydro is my new endeavor amd looking at going atleast 50 percent of my plants in hydro.
Thanks so much in advance
(P.S. I do think autoflower was poor choice for first hydro as they are so sensitive to change, but its my all time favorite Bob Marley strain that not even while in Jamaica did we get to try.
Much love to this community.
Will also attach a video of my small forrest going on in a backyard townhome lol.Damn durban posion has taken up like 20 percent of our whole back yard hahah AND scrogged cause i had to try and keep above fence line. shes barely in flower and keeps growing
Much love to the grow fam

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

2 possible things i can see.

1. Nutrient ratios or makup.

2. Need more frequent water changes and adjustments.

add back water daily… it’s important to try and maintain water levels.

test ph and ppm and adjust if they change by 20% or more.

its not uncommon that n a single site to need water changes as frequently as every other day once the plants get to that size. This is where you really see the difference between RDWC and DWC

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i learned that just in past 2 days afyer the incident that im having to add just phd water. Like I said all other readings are coming in strong. I just gave her another fresh 2 hour rinse in ph water and she looked thrilled. back in new nutes and acting up a little but not as bad. everything looks healthy. damn stump on its as big as my massive durban out back lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So lift the plant out and i bet you have 2-2.5 gal of water total because of root displacement. So once you add back that volume you should do a complete res change… its a lot of work but pretty much the only way you will manage to keep original nutrient ratios. Are you adding cal mag or any other supplements?

adjust PH daily.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@Vb2flat2surf

Off topic question ... Is your Lamb's Breath from seed? If so, are they advertising it as a landrace and where did you get it? The strain brings back memories. I'm thinking maybe I should grow it sometime soon myself.

Ok, lol sorry for the interruption ...

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

.seed from ILGM. i have several seed banks i use but never go wrong with ilgm just dont have much exotics.
aquaMan. Literally 0what i just did and FUCK that was alot of work alone especially cause root balll is huge lol.
Plants already perking up. i simply cant believe the girth on this guys branches and trunk. I had to choose dwc as my wife was freaking out about a resoirvor upstairs, especially with 2 reef tanks upstairs and sole current plumbing issues leaking from upstairs that im working on. so i was given an ok by her for 1 to 2 5 galon diy buckets. now she wants me to grow alll hydro lol.

These were two cool pics on side note of 2 outdoor gelato with 2 very different phenotypes. One is exactly what im accustomed to which is taller plant, lots of pistils that will turn orange. Second one is all fat calyxes, barely any hairs except small foxtail maybe, but Loaded with trichomes and rock hard buds.
I love seeing same strains but 2 totally different plant structures. The smell on the second pheno makes back smell like straight oranges and skunk.

Aviary image 1663021798391
Aviary image 1663021074540
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nice roots brother. I know a lot of people that ran DWC. Once. Then RDWC was clearly the way to go. Maintenance is a breeze in comparison plus more water volume which helps with stability.

Tywraps to keep it from breaking due to weight? That's a good problem to have.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i dont know what the hell im doing besides droolping at a root ballp that looks like Marlyn Monroe hair phaing fromt a pot plant lol. Tepchanflor made life VERY simple. but ended up getting expensive. now that Im running many more plants i have to start looking at gallons and or bulk of nutrients. hell my Promix plants love the technaflora too.I just ordered a few gallons of General Hydroponics Flora series and soke more sugar daddy by technaflor. ALL my plants loved thay sugar daddy

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

GH Flora works good. It's properly chelated and usually not overly expensive and available everywhere.

If you want to save $, check out the thread Ballin' on a Budget.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thanks for the thread. ALOT of great info. Until i can get growspaces downstairs (besides outdoor). Now heres a question Aqua Man. My wife doesnt want me having any more large reaoirvoirs upstairs (we have 2 reef tanks in 2 rooms plus any hydro). Is tgere a way to run 6 to 9 plants with a small resoirvor dor a multi plant setup? she was alreasy freaking about the 5 gallon bucket lol till she saw the pretty lady flourish and now all she wants is hydro and outdoor lol. 2 things i dont know much about yet but somehow suceeding (as always owe it to the forum).

UPDATE: I think my plant was in a nute lock out. i flushed her in 6.0 dor 2 days, changing buckets both days till roots were whiter and plant looked happier, made a new flowering mix and as of tonight plants look happy.

OHHHH and yes zip ties because 3 out of 4 branches were so weighted simply lifting the plant made them break. that was 2 weeks ago and honestly think that stress made the plant beef up more. had to zip tie before but never on the base of all my colas

20220914 224022
20220914 223848
20220914 223835
Top Bottom