Hydro nutes

• Thread starter rome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rome

Just would like to hear what nutes people are using ,. or have used and their thoughts,. recomendations etc??

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used pure blend pro for the longest time with killer results.. Now I have switched to the GH 3 part series. A new recipes. Hoping for even more killer results.

R

rome

I have used pure blend pro for the longest time with killer results.. Now I have switched to the GH 3 part series. A new recipes. Hoping for even more killer results.

Thanks danny!! with a setup like yours ,your only gonna get killa results!! Im considering using the Gh 3 part system., i also like the look of the atami bcuzz gear,. its hard to make a choice coz ive read alot of people raving about pk 13/14 and cannazym etc and wondering if all those addidtives are worth while??

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
They are very much worthwhile as long as you they don't conflict with your other nutes.
You can't go wrong with the Canna lineup. I've aslo used PBP with great results in hydro.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks homie. My friend Useless hooked me up with a damn good GH 3 part recipe.

So OK - feeding schedule week by week. This is the GH weekly feeding program, slightly tweaked. I will only call out the volume of each part per gallon of water in the following manner: grow, micro, bloom, ppm range. Example - 5-2.5-2.5-400/800 would mean 5 ml grow, 2.5 ml micro, 2.5 ml bloom and a ppm of 400-880. Remember it's per gallon. You Euro's can easily convert to liters. 4 liters is just a little bit over 1 gallon. It should also be noted that I use the hardwater micro due to my tapwater. I suggest using the hardwater micro in place of the regular micro if your tap water is over 200 ppm total or you have over 70 ppm Ca. RO water users should use the regular micro.
Veg -
week 1 5-2.5-2.5-400/600
week 2 10-5-3- 600/800
week 3 12-6-3 800/1000 (continue week 3 formula if additional veg time is required.)

Bloom
week 1 6-6-10- 800/1200
week 2 3-7-12 - 1000/1400
week 3 3-8-14 - 1000/1400
week 4 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 5 (discussed in detail below*)
week 6 0-7-20 - 1000/1400
week 7 0-6-20 (see bleow**)
* During week 5 if not using a booster like Superbud, Bushmaster Kabloom etc. run 2.5-7-18. I use MOAB (Mother of All Blooms) or BushMaster at 50% of recommended strength, and use 1.25-3.5-9 for the fert base.
**If running an 8 week strain you should only run the ferts during week 7 for a maximum of 3-4 days. This gives you 10 days for flushing.

The ppms work out almost exactly. I tend to lean toward the lower side of the range, unless I have a really heavy feeder that I know can handle it.

At every ressy change out I add in 5 drops per gallon of 35% food grade H2O2. During flush use ph adjusted water at 5.5-6.0
I will add epsom salt at week 1 of bloom if the plants are heavy feeders AND I see signs of an Mg def. Otherwise I won't use it. The only time I have ever had Mg def is during transition. The GH 3 part is a little low on Mg, but the PBP and Canna nutes are way lower.

Me when I used the pureblend Pro series. I always experienced a MG def. To keep that from happening I use CAL-MAG fixes it every time. If I have a MG def showing up in my GH3 part I will use that instead of epsom salt.
Hope this helps. GTD

R

rome

thanks for your imputs guys!!
hereisssh . Im leaning towards the canna series right now., ive read alot of good things about cannazyme , pk13/14, and rhizotonic., im just curious if its the same stuff loaded into those 3 part systems or weather they are just the bare necesseties.,

Danny thanks for the feeding schedual i will keep that in my notes as i may give the GH system a shot .., alot of people use it and seem to get great results

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I've had nothing but good experiences with the Canna Coco line but haven't used the Aqua or Terra products. My last runs in hydro are documented here and used:

PBP Bloom Soil
Cal/Mag (RO Water)
Liquid Karma
Cannazyme

These played nicely with each other and produced a solid yield. <y current run is in coco and I've never seen leaves this big on plants this small before. I have a 16" Querkle with fan leaves that would cover a dinner plate. Current recipe per gallon:

5 ml Cal/Mag
8-10 ml Liquid Karma
8 ml Cannazyme
10-12 ml Canna A
10-12 ml Canna B

and once the flowers show adding:
4 ml Canna Boost

Couple weeks and they'll get some PK13/14. My next project is porting this recipe to a DWC bucket or a hempy bucket with coco (if Guano's looks good :D ).

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I've had nothing but good experiences with the Canna Coco line but haven't used the Aqua or Terra products. My last runs in hydro are documented here and used:

PBP Bloom Soil
Cal/Mag (RO Water)
Liquid Karma
Cannazyme

These played nicely with each other and produced a solid yield. <y current run is in coco and I've never seen leaves this big on plants this small before. I have a 16" Querkle with fan leaves that would cover a dinner plate. Current recipe per gallon:

5 ml Cal/Mag
8-10 ml Liquid Karma
8 ml Cannazyme
10-12 ml Canna A
10-12 ml Canna B

and once the flowers show adding:
4 ml Canna Boost

Couple weeks and they'll get some PK13/14. My next project is porting this recipe to a DWC bucket or a hempy bucket with coco (if Guano's looks good :D ).

Thanks man. I will add this one to my list of recipes

R

rome

Thanks for that hererissh!! just wanted to say that it was your dwc thread that inspired me to change from soil to dwc., im just getting it setup at the mo ., gathering knowledge and equipment,. and its all starting to come together,. thanks for all your knowledge and guidance., if i can get my dwc grow to be half as good as yours ill be a happy man!!

K

Kilo

canna aqua vega & canna aqua flores...... ;) top gear imo comes as a 2 part specifically design for recirculated systems..ive used ionic boost and hammer head and pk13/14 with the base canna nutrients and have had cracking results with em all.

canna 4 life ;)

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
:yes Thanks man. I've been real happy with the DWC buckets, and the yield is hard to beat. Recirc's the way to go if you're doing a production run.

I think the Aqua line is the way to go rome. The way I've been doing it can get a little hairy but it satisfies my desire to stay close to organic, in hydro. The Canna Aqua approach will let you sleep better at night because you won't have to worry about PH swing as much.

R

rome

Well im pretty much sold on the canna aqua gear., like said ive read alot of good things about them,. but its always good to get a second and third opinion!!! Thanks for the feedback guys!!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Great timeing for this thread for me in particular. Stopped by a local hydro shop and was thinking real hard about switching nutes to something this guy carries. He can order what I have been useing (Technaflora) but he doesn't carry it in stock. He does carry an organic line from Botanicare, the GH 3 part series and also the full line of Advanced Nutrients.

I was just about convinced to switch to the Advanced Nutrients line so I came back home and did a search here at the Farm to see if any of you guys had used it. Found a thread from back last summer and man was I surprised. Five Farmers that I respect gave their opinions and it was a general consensous that the stuff is way too expensive to run. So I took that info and researched and compared prices. Yes Sir! Geeze they really do like their stuff. Example: 1L of Cal-Mg $21 from Advanced, 1L of Cal-Mg from Technaflora $13, used in same ratios.

greenthumbdanny gave a great example of GH 3 part here in this thread, thanks man!! So I'm thinking now to either stay with what I use or go with GH. I like the results of Technaflora but it takes 10 parts to run the plants full cycle and it gets expensive.

Appreciate the discussion and information guys :rock

jj

S

SENSI ZYM

well look at my name and look at the nutes i now use lol all i use now is HY-PRO a&b and bloombastic with a flush of vitrasol in last week

C

chace

Flora Nova

Just flora nova.
I used to use fox farm and had great results,but it takes more products and i get the same if not better with just one bottle of nova.

J

Jalisco Kid

A 3 part formula will give you better results if you learn how to tweak it. A one part and 2 part does not leave much room to adjust unless you buy other salts. There is not a whole lot of dif in good food grade ferts. I believe Calcium Bicarbonate is the only dif between AN's 3 part and GH. Price dif is another thing. Suerte JK

Solidopc

Solidopc

H&G Aqua Flakes a+b are the shit for hydro. I've even used them on my soil plants during flowering and they produced monster yields. On hydro they are unbeatable. Not seen anything produce better looking plants.

A

akaKGB

My best advice would be to go with a organic 3 part series. That has produced the tastiest and healthiest yields for me. There are like 5 or 6 really high quality organic Fertalizer lines available.....I use Sweet N Heavy 3 part, made by Earth Juice but some other good organic lines I have heard work gr8 also like Sugar Peak (2 part) or canna coco (2 part) also Advance Nutrients is also a super Fert lineup! Roots Organic has a good 2 part organic line. I used to use General Hydroponics 3 part but it has a hardcore chemical makeup and mega saltz which are not good for the medium. And it burns easy although I had good results with it, there is no comparison 2 organic nutes in terms of quality! Good luck choosing a lineup as it is very important. BTW my medium is coco and I top feed 2 times a day wit organic nutes plus mostly organic additives. Good Luck KGB

J

Jalisco Kid

I would not use H&G an most sats I tried before. They take a lot of N late until flowering.
Picking a good rounded nute system and sticking with it is important. Learning to fine tune your craft is quicker using the same thing,Having two rez's could even futher you along quicker. I have seen fine herb grown with just about everything, even 10-10-10 Peter's fertilizer. Suerte JK

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I am a total newbie and love the canna aqua for my ebb and flo- really does keep the ph stable, just dont use reccomended amount or you will end up with EC well over 2

Top Bottom