hydro tents

• Thread starter wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wonka

wonka

i was woundering what people thought of these and if they were worth getting to set up for some grows

H

HolliHerb

I am currently using a tent and love it. Hope my thread would help ya out.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd never be without my tents at this point . I love these things:dance

F

FastForward

Yerp...I'm in tents and loving them. The only downside is if you have limited vertical space, but if you've got 2m of height, go for it. They do make lower down ones but with reflectors and pots you really do need as much of 2m as you can use (at least that's what I'm finding).

H

HolliHerb

Definitely consider head space just as FF said. That's why I went for a 6.5'x6.5'x6.5' tent. I am going to keep my ladies at roughly 2 - 3.5' depending on strain. Hope to upgrade my dinky 400 to 1k soon. Depending on where you live, humidity is going to be a problem. Unless you have some good ventilation going on. Having a tent is perfect to do a sealed grow. Have an ac, dehumidifier, cool your lights independently (intake from outside of the tent and exhaust outside of the house), co2 system.

I keep my humidity under 30% pretty much all the way trough since I use that tent solely for flowering. I try and hold it at 20%. Molds have virtually zero chance of holding with that humidity and it doesn't seem to bother the girls. If your hydro, try to cover up any expose water.

so what you think? gonna join us tent growers? :hi:evilgrin

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I run a Homebox XL and A DR80 and picking up the DR120 next week and use these for clones ,seedlings and mothers and they have made life a bit better in the Grow room

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I love mine. I got a 4x8 and call it my paint booth!! Watch out for humidity and mold, be sure to plan ahead.

wonka

wonka

i am going to for sure give them a try.. i am going to use my 2 600s with one of each in the three by three ones.. just going to do potted plants to.. no hydro. thanks for all the replies

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
I think i wanna get a tent, but havent got the height at the moment, they definitely seem to be in vogue. :talking

S

Stackin Paper

I think i wanna get a tent, but havent got the height at the moment, they definitely seem to be in vogue. :talking

If anybody is looking at getting a tent i highly recommend the secret jardine range, i have the dr150 but have seen the dr60 and dr80, these tents are 60 or 80cm square with a height of only 1500mm i think, check them out cos if you grow in a loft these would be perfect due to height restrictions.

M

Mr Green

i got rid of my hydro tents and picked up 2- dr120's... just love the secret jardine range...:party

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I run my DR120 for veg and it's the best:nod

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I think one of the oversights in all of the designs is that they don't account for all us stoners goin in there and lookin at the plants every 15 minutes or so. Zippin, Unzippin, zippin, unzippin, zippin, I used to wear mine the f out.......stitching and zippers are the key to a good design as well as a sturdy frame and skin.

Tex

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Exactly TK that's where my Homebox is taking a shit but the Jardins Zippers are much nicer

S

SoCal Seed Co.

We use Hydro Huts and Habitats and have NO PROBLEMS with either. Regardless of brand they are very convenient and I would highly recommend purchasing one if your needs fit it's use.

S

Stackin Paper

I will say one thing though, Secret Jardine forgot to pack the drip tray in my dr150, hoping that will follow shortly though, zippers are heavy duty and the tents are light proof and have loads of intake/exhaust socks which is all i ask for in a tent.

My last 2 tents only had 1 intake/exhaust, damn chinese copy but it done the job so can't really complain.

F

frankie-smiles

Yeah, i've got a DR60 and its great for what it is, also seen the DR120 and they are built well. Great for a insta-grow-room, sets up in minutes and keeps light in. I think they are great! Heard a few bad things about bud-box and home box, but secret jardin and the DR range are top, even the street range is quite good, not completly light tight and one less exhaust hole but much cheaper too.

S

Stackin Paper

I've been told the street range ain't doing so well and they are gonna drop it soon, was gonna give the street dr120w a go for the price of it, its only gonna hold fluoros in it so shouldn't matter the thickness of the material for such small lights.

V

vindiesel

i run HTG brand medium flower tent, and the mother keeper veg tent. both reasonably priced and have no complaints on them. i will not/cannot grow any other way besides in tents. they're great. :)

Top Bottom