hydrogen peroxide, stem rot?

• Thread starter LTLU
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LTLU

Hi peeps :cool:

I have treated me girls (bb blue cheese) to a bit of rhizotonic whilst potting up and have noticed a dark browny black patch at the bottom of the stems, should I assume the worst and get some H202 from the grow shop?

If its a big YES, would the h202 cause any damage to me micro herd in the soil? bearing in mind I would only spray the infected areas?

Could it be a result of me adding trichodemia (aktrivator) when potting up?

Humidity has been a nightmare have managed to keep it below 60% for most of the time but it did hit 80%, its this fucking weather, I got a massive 10l dehumidifier with hydrostat and its on full pelt and the rh is still 60% when normally on that setting it would be as low as 15%, also have some leaf curl but assume this is transplant shock as it happend soon after.

So advice please on H202 would be much appreciated.

cheers :D

btw anyone experiencing some leaf curl, could very well be this fucking weather we iz having, ffs its more like singafuckingpore here ;) ;) :)

F

FastForward

If its a big YES, would the h202 cause any damage to me micro herd in the soil? bearing in mind I would only spray the infected areas?

Hi mate - I don't know much, but I do know that H202 will kill the microbial activity....and will stop some enzymes and such working. Hygrozyme can be used with H202 though...this might be the way forward for you.

I had brown roots from hot weather (in aero, not soil) and treated mine with 3-4 days of H202 and Hygro and then back to normal food, retaining the hygro. The plants have come through it really well.

FWIW the guy in my hydro shop said he'd rather use enzymes and microbials over H202 anyday...YMMV and all that...but whatever you do, try to get the root zone temps down...maybe cover the tops of soil? or do something clever with air vents?

e2a: I suppose it could be the dreaded pythium...but you'll need someone with more of a clue than me for that one...

mace

mace

60% should be your MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! during flower, can't stress that enough. I even think it's a bit high if you have a strain that is prone to bud rot. You're going to be very unhappy if you lose your whole crop to that.

H202 is not going to hurt your plant(at recommended levels). As it breaks down on the atomic chain levels it steals electrons from bacteria around it, thus killing them. Think of it as natures bleach. It kills all microbial populations, bad and good. If i was you i would do the h202 wash and then you could restore your microb's with a microb tea. Or perhaps you have some potting soil that still has live microbs you could use to reinstall your population. Either way, get rid of that root rot with the h202 or you're gonna lose the whole plant.

L

LTLU

cheers guys.

I will get to the grow shop this week and pick some up, can always add beneficial fungi, I noticed a dark patch on one of the bottom leaves and it had a wee hole in it, so looks like i need to take action.

The plants are not in flower still in veg and will keep em on 24 hrs as I have heard that growth is a way out in some cases, they are only 4 weeks old, the mutant sensi skunks are 2 weeks old (i think) and they are okay so don't think its fusarium thank fuck ;)

T

The Sheriff

Heya mate ,
All-new Bio-Rhizotonic has been specifically developed to provide the same root boost as normal Rhizotonic but in an organic form that makes it perfect for soil growers.
From that statement the "original" isnt ? You could repopulate using mycorrhizal fungi and use the tricoderma (if needed) as a foliar altho thats impossible with the uk's humidity this week .

Latest posts

Top Bottom