Hydrogen peroxide

• Thread starter Compost Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've read that it'll increase the microbial action due to the water and Oxygen increases ?

It is used to sterilize and kill bacteria. I have heard it gives o2 to the roots but it actually dissapates when poured right away. And takes the bacteria and such with it.

Maybe someone will chime in with their experience?

C

Compost Man

It is used to sterilize and kill bacteria. I have heard it gives o2 to the roots but it actually dissapates when poured right away. And takes the bacteria and such with it.

Maybe someone will chime in with their experience?
Watered the Gals yesterday with H202. Aeroponics is a closed system, everything is kept/absorbed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
H202 breaks down extremely fast in an oxidative reaction. It's used in place of bleach for its sanitation properties and will kill most if not all microorganisms and bacteria in high enough concentrations.

As for adding dissolved O2, It will do that temporarily but the O2 offgasses very quickly. It's really best used as a way to sterilize/sanitize things. I use 29% to clean my res and pump, hose and water wand once a month or so.

An aeroponic system doesnt need dissolved O2 as the mist itself provides tons of O2.

I'm curious Compost man, why the sudden switch from organics to aeroponics?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Aero......good luck on that journey. Best suggestion I can give you is get like 2 or 3 backup pumps for everything and a whole bunch of extra sprayers and fittings.

Yeah next time get 29-34%. Cheaper on the shipping. For dosing 34% I use 0.5ml a gal. They are also right. Myco is pointless to use if using H202. Plus you don't want to be using something like in aero. Don't get me wrong you can but not sure how much experience you have in the aero dept but that is going to be the most difficult out of all the water culture. If a pump dies or the power goes out your plants can die in a matter of hrs or even less.

Top Bottom