Hydroguard Alternative

• Thread starter linky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

linky

I use hydroguard to help protect my roots from things like root rot and it seems to make the plants very healthy overall. (rdwc and flood and drain setups). Its pretty expensive at ~70 a gallon. I purchased a new gallon and when I got it home I saw the seal was off, was wondering if maybe someone returned it and replaced the bottle with water because it looked like water and I put my tds meter in and got a reading of 40 ppm. That is really low I was thinking. I returned it and got a new gallon, got it home and tested it.. again 40 ppm. So I called batanicare to ask them about the 40ppm. They said that it was correct. I was looking at the ingredients and see the bacteria in there is only like .04 percent of the bottle, rest is misc whatever (probably water). that would explain the 40 ppm I guess. So I was searching for the bacteria that is in it. bacillus amyloliquefaciens. I found a product that contains 98 percent of the bottle is the bacillus amyloliquefaciens, a pint for 22 dollars shipped. Southern Ag Garden Friendly Biological Fungicide, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VXQG23O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

So I have ordered this and will see how it works, if its indeed the same stuff (just super higher concentration) as hydroguard that should save everyone a lot of money. There are a lot of products in the marijuana growing scene which are just complete rip offs.. sugar water, diluted bleach water etc.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Heisenberg tea is what I use, costs like a few bucks per 5 gallons.. and my diversity blows all the others away...still use great white, voodoo and others, but very small amounts with the ewc tea. Or ACT aerated compost tea. I love it, no problems. Only way to run big uc systems because their impossible to keep clean..

Tnelz

Tnelz

So I don't run hydro but if it's bennies ur looking for in higher concentrations there are a number of products. The above poster named a few but my own favorites are caps ogbiowar and og vegan special sauce. I use both and feel they blow any other Bennie products away by a lot. In saying that I've seen a ton of people swearing by the Heisenberg so I think if cost is a major issue that may be the way to go. Whatever u decide good luck bro and happy growing.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

There's a powder and liquid formulation of the same stuff called Double Nickel that Certis makes. Way stronger and cheaper. I use it for pm but works great for drenching. Photosynthesis plus also has the same species in it along with a bunch of other bennies.

Top Bottom