Hydroponic week by week question

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi everyone ,

can anyone chime in on the confusion im reading. So using recirculating hydroponic system and using general hydroponic nutrients flora trio as per the below chat.

I am currently at week 1. If i was not to drain and flush the revivor for 2 weeks from now - when i refill it back up would i goto "week 3" nute levels ? or should i be going to the next which would be week 2 levels ( even though it would be week 3 )

Hydroponic week by week question

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Hi everyone ,

can anyone chime in on the confusion im reading. So using recirculating hydroponic system and using general hydroponic nutrients flora trio as per the below chat.

I am currently at week 1. If i was not to drain and flush the revivor for 2 weeks from now - when i refill it back up would i goto "week 3" nute levels ? or should i be going to the next which would be week 2 levels ( even though it would be week 3 )

View attachment 1196489
you follow your feeding schedule even if you are changing reservoir . lets see your plant

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

@PK1 they only went in yesterday , I ran out of clay pebbles for the other 2 . Getting more today

977F18E9 1890 4C86 A0AB B7E28F899DA6
DDCDEDE5 D437 49E1 AD34 95228F885F82
4717FB1A BB3D 4545 9262 2FAA7510705F
9A87B772 3797 43A5 B7CB 0C84C18693BC
C4FAEA79 3861 40EB 82D3 09503A6DF159
growsince79

growsince79

Hi everyone ,

View attachment 1196489
Week 2 and 3 are the same.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
also, don't consider a nutrient manufacturers schedule as gospel. once you work out how much the plants can handle, go off your baseline, not what the nutrient feed chart says you should be feeding.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

also, don't consider a nutrient manufacturers schedule as gospel. once you work out how much the plants can handle, go off your baseline, not what the nutrient feed chart says you should be feeding.
this schedule is from growweedeasy site i think it was . its less then the GH schedule - as you said ill def keep eye on them to see where adjustments are needed. my first hydro run from coco so see how we go

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I have the watering pump comming on for 3mins every 1.5hours , does anyone think this is too much or not enough for the stage of the plants?

so many different opinions on the net

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
what is the system you have. i know its a rdwc but its something you've bought and without specs we can't say much except for some nutrient, light plant fixup.
in dwc i just hand fed until the roots hit the water level.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@tobh @Dirtbag i'd straight up remove the buckets and continue growing in rockwool šŸ¤£ That system just needs a minor adjustment to block the light from the open area that the buckets drain i assume.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

@tobh @Dirtbag i'd straight up remove the buckets and continue growing in rockwool šŸ¤£ That system just needs a minor adjustment to block the light from the open area that the buckets drain i asy

@tobh @Dirtbag i'd straight up remove the buckets and continue growing in rockwool šŸ¤£ That system just needs a minor adjustment to block the light from the open area that the buckets drain i assume.
yeah you could do rockwool slabs on the lid if you wanted to. like dirtbag has going @Dirtbag

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

The system is there. (Needing more details of the system)

I would make some sort of lid with a hole for a small net pot. Current culture actually makes a insert that uses a big neoprene collar and no more pebbles.
Screenshot 20211212 182224 Chrome

PK1

PK1

Supporter
imo, you don't need that netpot. just grow in rockwool until it is time to put them into the bucket of pibbles. This is as far as i can say cuz i'm trying to put my head around your system, well in particularly the bucket with all that pibbles. and the small hole at the bottom that the roots are going to block. by the way, those leafs don't look happy

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Hello, i have atm 20l NFT system and used them about 5 years now. I use canna aqua vega and flores only no additives i recommend them cause added cal-mag already and aqua line is for recirculating systems. Now your question, I only add like 7-10l water with normal nutes schedule when they are first weeks in veg so they can drink up almost all that takes about 2-3 week and then just add more when almost empty. I never changed reservoir during grow only after harvest good wash and scrub reservoir. Never had any issues that way. If u want you can change reservoir every week or like when flipping to flowering but thats not needed. Just make sure reservoir water dont get light.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Hello, i have atm 20l NFT system and used them about 5 years now. I use canna aqua vega and flores only no additives i recommend them cause added cal-mag already and aqua line is for recirculating systems. Now your question, I only add like 7-10l water with normal nutes schedule when they are first weeks in veg so they can drink up almost all that takes about 2-3 week and then just add more when almost empty. I never changed reservoir during grow only after harvest good wash and scrub reservoir. Never had any issues that way. If u want you can change reservoir every week or like when flipping to flowering but thats not needed. Just make sure reservoir water dont get light.
you should make your own post instead of high jacking. This way members can help you in your page šŸ˜Ž

Top Bottom