Hydroponics....hell......p Me! Bro.

• Thread starter realstreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
What parts do you think need to be upgraded?
Also, why do you think it is not healthy?
Your roots are sitting in the water. It is not good.
Leaves looking downward. They are drowning in the water.
You should start again and make a new design. You can find easy setups in the internet and on this site. Use them to make your own system.
Right now, it is too late. If you want to save those seedlings get some soil and put them in it.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Ok hydro doesn’t mean sitting in water.
The concept is using water as a carrier of nutrients.
There are many ways of doing this.
I will suggest that you really do more research before committing too many plants my friend.
A very basic method is a bucket with a air pump and air stone supplying oxygen to the water, with a pump simply picking up the solution and dripping it on top and allowing it to drain back. (Dutch bucket method) which can be expanded and is very cheap to setup.
YouTube , look for Dutch bucket growing or google in your language hydroponics setup.
Safest growing method for a beginners is soil.

R

realstreet

Your roots are sitting in the water. It is not good.
Leaves looking downward. They are drowning in the water.
You should start again and make a new design. You can find easy setups in the internet and on this site. Use them to make your own system.
Right now, it is too late. If you want to save those seedlings get some soil and put them in it.

[If you want to save those seedlings get some soil and put them in]
Are you telling me to grow on the soil?
Is it impossible to grow hydroponics in an upgraded way?
I have chosen to grow hydroponics because I have had great difficulty in trying to grow the soil.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Ok I see what you are doing wrong.
You are dunking in flood table and removing manually. Problem is that your pots hold the water. The water needs to drain. So
1. Get a lid on top of your reservoir,
2. Get “net pots” specific pots designed for hydro, that holds your terra-cotta pebbles and plant but allows water to drain down.
3. Cut holes in lid large enough to hold your net pots
4. Get a pump
5. Using pump you will pick up water from the reservoir and either flood the top of lids to plants and drips back or setup a drip system that allows water solution to each plant site.
6. If you couldn’t grow in soil, you will fail badly in hydro, it’s not very forgiving if the setup is as bad as yours.

Look up flood table setup.
Another flood and ebb setup that is very simple to do.

And roots do not like light so your method will be an issue hence the need for a an enclosed tank with lid. You are half way there brother

R

realstreet

It’s about the worst setup I’ve seen but hey , I’m not gonna knock your effort but help you get better. But I do suggest you find a few YouTube videos and really watch how they do it.

Here is a good one I’ve come across

Thank you
I will set it again, so I ask you to inspect it.
Thank you very much.

R

realstreet

It’s about the worst setup I’ve seen but hey , I’m not gonna knock your effort but help you get better. But I do suggest you find a few YouTube videos and really watch how they do it.

How about this?

IMG 1400
IMG 1401
R

realstreet

Hydro
R

realstreet

I added the following.

tap water (Chlorine-free) - 8L
protekt - 5ml
mag pro - 2ml
foliage pro - 10ml
KLN - 10ml

about 770 ppm

R

realstreet

temp : 27ºc
humidity : 40~50%
ph : 6.7

Should I lower the temperature and raise the humidity?
Should I adjust the pH to between 5 and 6?
Can I use the following products to adjust pH?
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
Citric acid
Sodium percarbonate

elcolombiano

elcolombiano

HI!
Let me clarify first that i'm no expert... I'm just here to learn, and i grow in coco. i use a passive hydro called hempy bucket, but from what i've gathered, your pH might be too high. in coco i wouldn't go beyond 6.2 in flower. In veg, i'd stay below 6.

If your plants still look sad after the modifications you did and after fixing the pH, i'd do as someone adviced you and transplant to coco. Maybe do coco hempy's for now to save them, then go back to your active hydro with other seeds.

Hope it all results well for you!

Last edited:
R

realstreet

HI!
Let me clarify first that i'm no expert... I'm just here to learn, and i grow in coco. i use a passive hydro called hempy bucket, but from what i've gathered, your pH might be too high. in coco i wouldn't go beyond 6.2 in flower. In veg, i'd stay below 6.

If your plants still look sad after the modifications you did and after fixing the pH, i'd do as someone adviced you and transplant to coco. Maybe do coco hempy's for now to save them, then go back to your active hydro with other seeds.

Hope it all results well for you!

thanks, bro. :)

R

realstreet

I kept it in tap water for about two weeks.
The time has been around for two weeks, but the growth is only about one week.
I heard a lot of advice today, and I set it up.
()
It's been six hours since I set it up.
But the babies have not changed at all.
Is this the way it is?
Is it not sensitive to change when growing by hydroponics?
I'm in good shape now, I do not know if I need anything more.
Please advise me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added the following. (dynagro's product)

tap water (Chlorine-free) - 8L
protekt - 5ml
mag pro - 2ml
foliage pro - 10ml
KLN - 10ml

about 770 ppm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

temp : 27ºc
humidity : 40~50%
ph : 6.7

IMG 1400
Hydro
R

realstreet

Should I lower the temperature and raise the humidity?
Should I adjust the pH to between 5 and 6?
Can I use the following products to adjust pH?
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
Citric acid
Sodium percarbonate

4plant

4plant

How often are you watering? Young seedlings don't like too much water. If you have them in 1.5” rockwool cubes you could do one water a day 2 hours after the lights come on and if that’s not enough do another 4 hours before they go out. Should perk up in a day or two also keep the ph 5.8-6.2

R

realstreet

How often are you watering? Young seedlings don't like too much water. If you have them in 1.5” rockwool cubes you could do one water a day 2 hours after the lights come on and if that’s not enough do another 4 hours before they go out. Should perk up in a day or two also keep the ph 5.8-6.2

Do not you always have to put them in the water?
Is not it when a young plant?
I think I made a big mistake.

4plant

4plant

No, you will drown the roots. Your diagram shows a system you would need to turn the pump on and drip feed. You don’t show a timer in the diagram but hopefully your using one. And no, roots need both water and oxygen

Top Bottom