Hydroponics....hell......p Me! Bro.

• Thread starter realstreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

realstreet

No, you will drown the roots. Your diagram shows a system you would need to turn the pump on and drip feed. You don’t show a timer in the diagram but hopefully your using one. And no, roots need both water and oxygen

These roots seem healthy, but growth seems to have almost stopped.
What is the problem? T.T

IMG 1410
IMG 1411
IMG 1412
IMG 1413
IMG 1414
IMG 1415
IMG 1416
IMG 1417
R

realstreet

air temp : 27ºC
humidity : 30~40%
water temp : 20ºC
PH : about 6.0 (I adjusted the pH with baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), citric acid)
ppm : 650~700 (tap water 8L, protekt 5ml, mag pro 2ml, foliage pro 10ml, KLN 10ml)
4 airpump and waterpump (for water supply) are set.
These roots seem healthy, but growth seems to have almost stopped.
What is the problem?
I'm going to go crazy. T.T

4plant

4plant

You still haven’t mentioned your watering cycle overwatering young plants can slow growth almost to a stop.even if your roots look healthy looking up the tops the leaves are drooping downward that’s a clear sign of overwatering.

R

realstreet

You still haven’t mentioned your watering cycle overwatering young plants can slow growth almost to a stop.even if your roots look healthy looking up the tops the leaves are drooping downward that’s a clear sign of overwatering.

The waterpump works every 15 minutes for every 2 hours.

R

realstreet

Is it too much to work 15 minutes every 2 hours?

4plant

4plant

Yes, too much. no water at all during lights out, no water Until an hour after lights have come on and nothing to hours before they go out

R

realstreet

Yes, too much. no water at all during lights out, no water Until an hour after lights have come on and nothing to hours before they go out

The lights are on all the time.
And watering them every 15 minutes / 2 hours
How is it best to change it?

4plant

4plant

Cut back to 18 on 6 off. I like my lights on while I’m home so ajust for yourself accordingly. Feed 1 hour after they come on then check the weight 2 hours after. If there’s still water in you media hold off another 2 hours. Let it dry out about 70% then re water. Try to time your last feed for 2 hours before lights out.

R

realstreet

I have assumed light cycle.
exam,

--------------------------------------

light on
00~18 (18 hours)

light of
18~00 (6hours)

watering cycle

00 on(during 15min)
05 on(during 15min)
11 on (during 15min)
16 on (during 15min)

----------------------------------------------

is it okay?
Please advise if there is something wrong or something to improve.

elcolombiano

elcolombiano

sorry to barge in again... BUT @4plant: doesn't 600-700 ppm for seedlings seem a bit too high? Also, I notice the OP is using the feeding schedules that Dynagrow gives. In my experience beginning a little lower than indicated by the bottle is better.. then I gradually increase to normal indications. So maybe, for now, the OP should also go lighter on the nutrients while the plants recover?

@realstreet: what EC/ppm does your tap water have? Also, i would insist you make sure your pH is not going beyond 6... 5.8 is best in my opinion so far in vegetative stage.

4plant

4plant

Yeah
sorry to barge in again... BUT @4plant: doesn't 600-700 ppm for seedlings seem a bit too high? Also, I notice the OP is using the feeding schedules that Dynagrow gives. In my experience beginning a little lower than indicated by the bottle is better.. then I gradually increase to normal indications. So maybe, for now, the OP should also go lighter on the nutrients while the plants recover?

@realstreet: what EC/ppm does your tap water have? Also, i would insist you make sure your pH is not going beyond 6... 5.8 is best in my opinion so far in vegetative stage.

yeah good call. In week one or two I’d be using nothing above 300-400ppm of a starter or some kelp but good luck telling anyone not to feed at max.

4plant

4plant

I have assumed light cycle.
exam,

--------------------------------------

light on
00~18 (18 hours)

light of
18~00 (6hours)

watering cycle

00 on(during 15min)
05 on(during 15min)
11 on (during 15min)
16 on (during 15min)

----------------------------------------------

is it okay?
Please advise if there is something wrong or something to improve.
That sounds better but you need to check the weight of your net pots and decide when to re water if you want to be optimal

R

realstreet

That sounds better but you need to check the weight of your net pots and decide when to re water if you want to be optimal
Yeah
yeah good call. In week one or two I’d be using nothing above 300-400ppm of a starter or some kelp but good luck telling anyone not to feed at max.

ok thanks!
The water will be changed to 200~300ppm now.
The lighting was set to 18/6 cycles, and now the height of the water will also be about two inches high from the roots.

R

realstreet

Tap water (with chlorine removed) is about 90ppm.
The pH is about 7.0.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

my grow thread (click on signature) reads like a tutorial for hydro growers of all knowledge, including my many screws along the way, which, IMHO, teaches better than a grow thread where nothing went wrong, or no new technologies have been tested

elcolombiano

elcolombiano

A pH of 7.0 is too high for hydroponics. Lower the pH to 5.8. Check pH often and adjust when needed. 5.8-6.3 is an acceptable range.
I think realstreet was talking about his tap water. he supposedly lowered nutes to 6.

R

realstreet

After several days of advice from bros I managed them hard.

I sincerely thank many of bros.
Now babies are very healthy and growing up hard.
(Except for one baby in the last photo ..)
Existing thin roots seem to have almost stopped growing, and some seem to be dying.
But the new thick roots have begun to grow and feel strong.
This is a hot photo of the present.
I would still have been saddened without the help.
I would have expressed my sincerity if my English skills were outstanding.

I will upload a picture of my babies periodically.
I really appreciate the help, and I hope that no one will suffer the same mistakes as me.

IMG 1500
Top Bottom