Hypoaspis Miles Predatory Mites

• Thread starter blu3kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blu3kush

blu3kush

So I have had these guys for awhile thinking that I had root aphids using ogbiowar foliar pack at full strength not doing anything to them so I used my loop to figure out what they were they are hypoaspis miles I know they are supposed to be beneficial but I don't have a fungus gnat problem i get some here and there but the foliar pack works wonders so I'd prefer not to have them in my soil I can't touch the pots without get a bunch crawling on my they make me itchy I'm growing in organic and don't want to use any chemicals will been oil work on these kind of mites I hear they are almost impossible to get rid out and I really don't want to trash all my soil any advice on how to handle this will be appreciated thanks

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

They are good bugs. Why kill them off? It's psychological, (them crawling on your hand), let em be. And if you have so many their crawling on your hands........I've never heard of that many. You use ffof soil?

blu3kush

blu3kush

The itching might be psychological but them crawling on me is very real I have no problem with be beneficial bugs like ladybugs had about 50 of them in my tents which didn't bother me because they stayed put never had any escape the tents but these mites are getting into everything my compost bin ,worm bin, and my soil that I am recycling they are bothering me more then they are helping

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Diatomateous earth, its a powdered fossilized seashell, its like glass shards to bugs, kills them by piercing their exoskeleton and dehydrating them. If they are fast moving I would let them be, if they are thriving then they must have a food source. If you get rid of them the pests they were feeding on may take over...

blu3kush

blu3kush

Thanks Im gonna give that a shot. Ive read that if there isn't any gnat larvae or aphids to eat they will eat decaying matter so that's probably why they are still around

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Can I have some miles bugs please, I have these.
IMG 20161109 115058600

blu3kush

blu3kush

They are available online Amazon has them. I would be happy to send some but I wouldn't know how to package them so they stay alive

blu3kush

blu3kush

And for those who say I shouldn't get rid of them because they are beneficial I just want you to understand why I don't want them is because I don't have an extra room to grow in I'm currently growing in a corner of my bedroom so it's not a place where I want to have any kind of bugs good or bad. I have ogbiowar which can handle the gnats and aphids

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

If they're present in such high numbers it means that they must be eating something. Probably FG larva. Sounds like you have a nice little ecosystem in your soil, I wouldn't disrupt it.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I used nematodes from arbico and it was the only thing that worked, they live in the soil and are barely visible to the naked eye if visible at all.

Top Bottom