Hypothetical Grow: Medical 18 Plant With Largest yields

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Im looking for what is the best yield per year way to grow no more than 18 flowering plants?

Here are the specs:
Indoor 10x14 with seperate 10 x 8 flower if needed..
Consider California electric prices so no more than say 4-5k Electric usage. Remember this is cali in the desert so that includes a/c. However many harvests you can get in a year, so include veg time, flower time, nutes if you can, type of growing method (Ebb and flow, dwc, fence posts, etc). Please describe lighting, co2, UV, etc. This is not a spare no expense affair.

The reason for this thread is to pick the brains of the people that know what works. Sure ebb and Flow tables are great for large numbers of plants with fast turn overs but is this the best yielder? Turn and burn the crops with little/no veg time? Get 5-6 crops a year..Orrr.. Is a 2 month veg in a dwc setup in 5 gallon buckets the path to glory? Post it up! What do you think. I wanna know!

:rauch08:

L

Lost

I think I have figured out a really good system if anyone is interested.....

heheheh

P

Papa_kush

well for starters use the second room as veg then u can veg the plants huge and switch em out every 8 weeks. then you can have 5-6 harvests if u do a lotta 8 week strains. if you only want 18 plants and u wanna maximize yeild u need to veg big

L

Lost

ok, here is what I have come up with. Ill furnish my crop pics later.

Ok so if you follow CA caregive law and you have an 18 planttotal, you can flower 12 and veg 12 at the same time (CA law states 6 flowering or 12 immature, so if i have an 18 plant flower max I can do 12 and 12).

While ebb and flo is sweet if you do not have a plant limit, not so great for a 18 plant limit. the plan is 12 dwc flowering and 12 dwc vegging. With this setup its 10 weeks veg..!!! and 10 weeks flower. I hook 6 dwc 5 gallon buckest up to a control bucket which is nothing more than a bucket with a 185 gph pump in it and a drip feed attached to that, The drip helps till the roots hit the water. After that it is just there to circulate the water from the control bucket.

Lostslazybuckets
L

Lost

Anyone got a guess for yield on a 10 week veg DWC 5 gallon bucket setup? Flowering under 1000w hps.. Maybe more, heheheh

L

Lost

Also is 1 1000w hps and 2 1000w mh enought for 12 dwc plants veged 10 weeks????

Edit : For flowering...

L

Lost

oh and pre 98 bubba is the shizzle.. Thx Cali Connection!!

Nutes are Botanicare pro blend bloom, cal-mag, FF Bloom organic @ 1800 ppm, RO water, air temp @ 78-85, twice a week foiler feed Liquid Karma, every day foiler RO, humidity at 45-55%, hydroton and either 4 inch or 6 inch rockwool cubes.

Hoping for 2.5 OZ a Plant... LOL

L

Lost

Control Bucket.. Simple

185 GPH pump into 6 drip manifold. Variable drippers.. 15 min 4-5 times a day. once at light start, 2 in between lights on, one at lights off and one in the middle of the dark cycle...

Drip helps get nutes to roots till they hit water.. After that drip circulates nutes..

:smiley_joint:

Lazybucketscontrolbucket
Lazybucketscontroinside
Lazybucketpipes
Lazybucketsdripbubba
L

Lost

Notice 5 gallon bukit are home depot 2.78 bukits (x7 per patient). 97 cent flat black spary paint (covers 2.25 5 gallon bukits). 50 feetdrip line (too much, you need 15 feet max!!), dunno 13.00 bucks? Drip tees 5.00, drip L's 5.00, grommets 5.00-8.00, 185 pump 12.95, Piping and drip nozzles = 15.00

Cheap...

G

Ganjalover

Nice
Looks similar to one I did a while back.
Two month veg! Have you done this grow style before?

H

hbstoner

So I call them Lost's Lazy Buckets.....

nice setup! may i recommend that you move all electric devices off the floor though. Extension cords and air pumps on the floor in a hydro or even soil setup are pretty dangerous due to any water spills.

L

Lost

HB - Agree, still have 3 more buckets to set up, then all the wireing will get done. I went from a flood table to this and the switchout during a crop is killing me!

H

hbstoner

HB - Agree, still have 3 more buckets to set up, then all the wireing will get done. I went from a flood table to this and the switchout during a crop is killing me!

Ya totally know how that is, arms are killing me from patching up holes in drywall right now.. renting sucks!! Good luck with those buckets, ill be sure to keep an eye on this one.

L

Lost

Just topped all the plants that missed the last topping go around. I topped one that did get topped last time because one of the 4 branches is much bigger... More pics when there is more to see...

Top Bottom