I’m back for my second grow I need help in early flowering

• Thread starter Novicegrow95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Novicegrow95

Novicegrow95

I need help to find out what’s causing the bleaching around the edges of the leaves two seem healthy other two are sick any advice?

Im back for my second grow i need help in early flowering
Im back for my second grow i need help in early flowering 2
Im back for my second grow i need help in early flowering 3
Im back for my second grow i need help in early flowering 4
Im back for my second grow i need help in early flowering 5
Novicegrow95

Novicegrow95

Chem head og pheno finder
Grapefruit sour D
White lavender g13

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Start of a potassium deficiency. Look a touch overfed and maybe a slight watering issue.

Can you give as much info on the grow as possible.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Start of a potassium deficiency. Look a touch overfed and maybe a slight watering issue.

Can you give as much info on the grow as possible.
I doubt that's any sort of deficiency. Looks overfed to me (burned tips), which is by far the more common issue. At this stage of the plant's life, there is nothing that is going to make that discoloration go away. I'd recommend cutting fertilization by at least half.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I doubt that's any sort of deficiency. Looks overfed to me (burned tips), which is by far the more common issue. At this stage of the plant's life, there is nothing that is going to make that discoloration go away. I'd recommend cutting fertilization by at least half.
I agree over fed. But the potassium deficiency isn't lack of its related to over feeding, ratios and watering imo. If it was purely nitrogen tox there would be more clawing and mostly tip damage. The fact it's in the middle of the plant and scorching going around the edges is a dead giveaway. Reducing the feed strength alone may fix it but it doesn't change the fact that's a potassium deficiency.

The other thing that is common is the use of to much cal mag as this can increase the likelihood of nitrogen tox and cal and nitrogen both compete with potassium for uptake.

I never use more than 1/2 dose of cal mag and usually 1/4. But you know the industry.... "cal mag I put that shit on everything mentality" should just brand that shit Frank's red hot already.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I agree over fed. But the potassium deficiency isn't lack of its related to over feeding, ratios and watering imo. If it was purely nitrogen tox there would be more clawing and mostly tip damage. The fact it's in the middle of the plant and scorching going around the edges is a dead giveaway. Reducing the feed strength alone may fix it but it doesn't change the fact that's a potassium deficiency.

The other thing that is common is the use of to much cal mag as this can increase the likelihood of nitrogen tox and cal and nitrogen both compete with potassium for uptake.

I never use more than 1/2 dose of cal mag and usually 1/4. But you know the industry.... "cal mag I put that shit on everything mentality" should just brand that shit Frank's red hot already.
OP hasn't described the feeding schedule and fertilizers used yet. In five years of hanging out here, and over 40 years of growing, I have never seen a true case of a potassium deficiency, because every fertilizer out there sold for weed has plenty, and beginners -never- under fertilize. The most common cause for these symptoms is nute burn. It's telling that the damage is in the upper half of the plant. Potassium is mobile in plants; if this were a deficiency, the plant would starve the lower leaves, showing deficiency signs there, yet we see the reverse. The damage is atypical for potassium as well, see the examples here: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-potassium-deficiency-in-cannabis-plants-a-how-to-guide-n671.

OP, what are you feeding these plants, how much, and how often? Have you checked your soil pH?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OP hasn't described the feeding schedule and fertilizers used yet. In five years of hanging out here, and over 40 years of growing, I have never seen a true case of a potassium deficiency, because every fertilizer out there sold for weed has plenty, and beginners -never- under fertilize. The most common cause for these symptoms is nute burn. It's telling that the damage is in the upper half of the plant. Potassium is mobile in plants; if this were a deficiency, the plant would starve the lower leaves, showing deficiency signs there, yet we see the reverse. The damage is atypical for potassium as well, see the examples here: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-potassium-deficiency-in-cannabis-plants-a-how-to-guide-n671.

OP, what are you feeding these plants, how much, and how often? Have you checked your soil pH?
Tbh I haven't hardly see a deficiency that was actually lack of and not caused by something else also.

If you read my post I never claimed it needed more potassium but rather suggested it was due to over feeding, ratios (as I explained cal mag in high amounts can contribute) or watering.

Looks pretty typical to me in your link also.

Instead of going over a bunch of links this video does a good job of explaining it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom