I’m Buying A Cheap Light, But Value Your Opinion.

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Forgot, a few years back, Vipar was busted for using a bogus ROHS label..Why; because they spelled it wrong, and it was uncovered when the light caught FIRE! (a post on Grass City last yr).

This was my only concern buying the viparspectra but they seem to be really well made. i ran a small cupboard grow with 2 mars 240 and a vipar 450, started flowering with just 1 240 for 2 weeks and added a second for a week and the rest of the time ran 3 lights and ended up with 5oz of the best smoke ive had in a long time! Running 2 vipar 450s in a 80x80x160 tent in a 1 plant scrog to see how these do by themselves.

also the viparspectra have much more easy on the eyes spectrum closer to white where the mars are an eye hurting pink that i needed to buy glasses for haha

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This was my only concern buying the viparspectra but they seem to be really well made. i ran a small cupboard grow with 2 mars 240 and a vipar 450, started flowering with just 1 240 for 2 weeks and added a second for a week and the rest of the time ran 3 lights and ended up with 5oz of the best smoke ive had in a long time! Running 2 vipar 450s in a 80x80x160 tent in a 1 plant scrog to see how these do by themselves.

also the viparspectra have much more easy on the eyes spectrum closer to white where the mars are an eye hurting pink that i needed to buy glasses for haha
Mars is about the worst offender BS lighting, watts, warranty and more. As I said..if I were buying less expensive lights, they would be Meizhi (How could something pronounced Me-Iz-High be bad..LMAO (That's how it's pronounced!)..
just remember next time..you can get way better lights/results with HLG QBs..I bought 2 boards and heatsinks equivalent to HLG QB 288's in 3000k, for about $160. Add a $100 driver and some hardware and BOOM!
These are HLGs, but the others are identical! (front are 2x QB132 no heatsink needed 2700k) rear is a QB288 in 3000k..heatsink needed. Total here as driven = about 275 true watts
Upload 2019 2 11 12 23 21

Naturalx

Naturalx

Mars is about the worst offender BS lighting, watts, warranty and more. As I said..if I were buying less expensive lights, they would be Meizhi (How could something pronounced Me-Iz-High be bad..LMAO (That's how it's pronounced!)..
just remember next time..you can get way better lights/results with HLG QBs..I bought 2 boards and heatsinks equivalent to HLG QB 288's in 3000k, for about $160. Add a $100 driver and some hardware and BOOM!
These are HLGs, but the others are identical! (front are 2x QB132 no heatsink needed 2700k) rear is a QB288 in 3000k..heatsink needed. Total here as driven = about 275 true watts
View attachment 856165
Yeah, in Canada the prices for hlg goes way up. So for me viparspectra seemed like a good place to start without being complete garbage.

From seed to stoned on YouTube didba budget grow with a vivosun 600w light and did amazingly well.

I think a lot of the bad wrap some of these lights have come from people with zero experience in growing any sort of plant. There’s so many variables in a fucked up crop that blaming the light before yourself is easy.

I bought unbuffered coco coir. I didn’t know this was even a thing. I wanted to know if I had to adjust the ph of my tap water for soaking it. Stumbled across the topic. I easily could have planted in unbuffered non rinsed garbage coco coir and blamed the results on my lights.

No debating that we will do a superior job and depending how well this hobby takes off for me, I’ll probabky make the jump in time. These get me going off the ground for my requirements as the qb I would need for a 4x4 costs much more then what I got these two lights for. Excited to see what I can achieve with them.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah, in Canada the prices for hlg goes way up. So for me viparspectra seemed like a good place to start without being complete garbage.

From seed to stoned on YouTube didba budget grow with a vivosun 600w light and did amazingly well.

I think a lot of the bad wrap some of these lights have come from people with zero experience in growing any sort of plant. There’s so many variables in a fucked up crop that blaming the light before yourself is easy.

I bought unbuffered coco coir. I didn’t know this was even a thing. I wanted to know if I had to adjust the ph of my tap water for soaking it. Stumbled across the topic. I easily could have planted in unbuffered non rinsed garbage coco coir and blamed the results on my lights.

No debating that we will do a superior job and depending how well this hobby takes off for me, I’ll probabky make the jump in time. These get me going off the ground for my requirements as the qb I would need for a 4x4 costs much more then what I got these two lights for. Excited to see what I can achieve with them.
You can grow good weed with almost anything..you are spot on about the grower's skills..I think we can do it better with the better lights..Many crave the better yields..I for one want the best meds I can grow, so I go for the best lights I find at the moment.
Not sure if he sells to Canada, but search Ebay USA for Horticultural 288 light or something like that..His name is Atrium Lighting same diodes as the new HLGs and cheaper too.

gwheels

gwheels

Hortibloom china is getting rid of some of their lights and switching over to the new style. I bought a cob fixture (4 citizen cobs) for 180 bucks. 240 watts. They only had 4k but that is a pretty good deal.
180 USD = 240 CDN...or a true northern samsung strip is 300 bucks + delivery.
I got one coming after the China new year. I am not saying they are great but i bet they are better than vipars. I might get another one.

https://www.hortibloom.com/product-...tegoryId=17271347-98b8-1d47-d06c-5c53750b1c42

Download 1
Last edited:
Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

You should have great results, my last grow with the 450 was not amazing yield but better than I expected and the nicest smoke so they can and will grow dank quality buds

Naturalx

Naturalx

You should have great results, my last grow with the 450 was not amazing yield but better than I expected and the nicest smoke so they can and will grow dank quality buds
Currently i'm really loving it. I have two 600watts going and when I follow other grow journals on Growdiaries.com for the same strain/breeder etc I feel my plants have developed a lot more then other peoples plants. Granted that could be the care some people have given them. Experienced growers are advising them to slow it down on the nutrients, stop defoliating their auto's so much and they're blatantly telling them they'll do what they want and got terrible yields. So I guess you have to own up to those mistakes yourself.

Image0
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I'm running a Vibraspectra 2000 and getting great results, fast quality growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom