I’m glad to be here!

• Thread starter mandoVol
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mandoVol

mandoVol

FNG here, and thanks for having me. I should’ve already introduced myself, my apologies.
I’ve got what many of you would consider a small indoor/outdoor grow going.
One Bluedream auto, Gorilla Glue, 24K, a
and two unknowns I’m calling Walter Chronikite and Howard K. Spliff. I always wanted to get to propagation and breeding and I wanted to name them statins after news broadcasters from the black and white era. With a little spin.
I know, I’ve got too much time on my hands.
This appears to be a friendly place, and if I do good job of reading the rules of the board I should be OK.
These are just a couple team pictures, and the closeups are of the BD at 60+ days.

cheers!

@Mattl
@Dragonsflame
@Cattapilla
@Aqua Man
@repins12
@Dirtbag
@BurnzYzBudZz
@Like2Grow
Im glad to be here
Im glad to be here 3
Im glad to be here 4
Im glad to be here 5
Im glad to be here 6

Im glad to be here 2
Im glad to be here 7
Im glad to be here 8
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome to the farm. Your knowledge is welcome on the farm. We are all like minded farmers here for the love of our plants and community. I’m a new grower currently on my 2nd, but have learned a plethora of knowledge from this farm. Happy grows.
BurnZ

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

what many of you would consider a small indoor/outdoor grow going.
First of all, welcome to the farm!! 😃

Second of all, screw you for waltzing in here with that array of beautiful looking plants and making my tiny-tent DWC grow look like a joke! 😆🤣

Does your Shih Tzu have a bit of poodle in her lineage? (fellow Shih Tzu owner)

Looks like things are going great for you. Nice work!!!

mandoVol

mandoVol

First of all, welcome to the farm!! 😃

Second of all, screw you for waltzing in here with that array of beautiful looking plants and making my tiny-tent DWC grow look like a joke! 😆🤣

😀Does your Shih Tzu have a bit of poodle in her lineage? (fellow Shih Tzu owner)

Looks like things are going great for you. Nice work!!!
You’re close, she is Shih and bichon. She is a mess. She thinks she is a Jack Russell, and not in a good way.

Thanks for all your kind words, but I bit off more than I can chew. I actually had one plant that I grew after having five really nice plants that were stolen in June of 1983. We had just put them in the ground after being in 5 gal buckets. Right after we put them in the ground we got word that the sheriffs Dept thought we had this major grow, so my buddy went down in storm and pulled them back out of the ground and parked his truck in his folks garage. I was gone that weekend, but the state drug task force and local DEA landed a black hawk almost on my grandfathers tomato garden, and storm the place like we were in El Chopo’s crew. That was 1983. A few years later I managed to not kill this one.
This is an old instant Polaroid from around 86
EFFAB2C7 9C7C 4293 9ABD C1E13C14F810

Even though is my first grow, the guys at the OTS helped me tremendously. They know who they are. You could say I’m following the Growing For Dummies program. Fox Farm
Trio, and dirt. I have well water that is good and bad. It runs 7.4 ish every second of the day so I know exactly how much down to use, but it’s hard with lots of nasty sediment. I’m still on a septic tank and well. I was taught to be a Nazi about Ph and ppm, so maybe that’s some of it.
I started using CannaBoost and TerraFlores last week and it’s amazing how quick the Boost works. The guys at the grow shop here turned me on to it. They said CannaBoost, although expensive, is the one single product that people always come back for. I’m very early in flower, so what I’m seeing might be the TerraFlores. At least to my inexperienced eye it has.
My first tent project will start as soon as I’ll pull this stuff out of “the barn” so to speak. These were started under a little HLG V2 99 watt LED that I purchased for that purpose, but I kept killing everything. By the time I figured out what was causing them to stretch, flop over and croak, I was out of seeds, it was early April and flu was shutting the world down. I had 3 Bluedreamatics and one made it. I started with 10 GG4’s and three made it, 3 24k from Crop King that are in one 7 gal pot. And the bag seeds that made it. Oh, and the BDAuto is sharing a 7 gal fab container a Bubba Kush.

After struggling to get anything to either germinate or live once it was in the dirt, I panicked and germinated every seed I had left.
My bride was up my butt about having too many plants, so that’s another reason why 5 plants are sharing two pots. Based on how I got everything to live, I didn’t think I bring five plants to harvest.
I guess the compromise for sharing pots is, although they were never going to reach their full potential, at least they’re alive and doing well- for now.

So yea, everything has gone surprisingly well, but for obvious reasons it’s stressful. I’ve haven’t worked this hard in years. All the flushing, testing, watering, testing, measuring, transplanting, flushing, rinse repeat is a PITA!
I can see why a lot of you guys are running hydro gear, coco, and automation. I’m sure I’ll try it at some point. Anymore than five plants is too many for a novice. It’s just too much unless you’re out in the country with good security.

You guys know how intimidating this is at first. I went from laying in bed thinking, “damn, I’m into this project $2,000 when I budgeted $1000, and I can’t get a seed to pop!” to “OMG!!WTF am I going to do with all this shit?”
I’m guessing what’s coming next is, “please god give me the ability to get this thing to the finish line without mold, bud rot, critters, bugs, or theft.”
It will get easier, but my hats off to the old hands that grew without the internet and all the resources that are out there. I have to say this too, all the technology and growing techniques have changed the industry and we’re just scratching the surface, but there’s no substitute for experience. I’m fortunate that I can spend as much time as I need to on them, and if I have an issue, it’s as easy as a google search, and having the ability to hop on here or one of the other sites and get and answer from folks that know what it takes is priceless. As an old pot head, I feel very blessed.
Thanks again for having me!

Last edited:
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Here's my little idiot (Shih Tsu / Terrier mix) staring down some temporary visitors (hard to make out the baby on the other side of the fence)

She think she's tough.
She is not. 🤣

mandoVol

mandoVol

Friggin storming like a mofo here
Man I got up all my shit was droopy. I did a lite feed yesterday, and with all the heat I guess they’re used to being watered everyday. Usually they pop up in 5 minutes, but one is not.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Man I got up all my shit was droopy. I did a lite feed yesterday, and with all the heat I guess they’re used to being watered everyday. Usually they pop up in 5 minutes, but one is not.
Always that rebel in the grp that has the need to get your blood pressure up in the morning lol.

mandoVol

mandoVol

Always that rebel in the grp that has the need to get your blood pressure up in the morning lol.
I’m getting a little nervous guys. I gave It 2 gals of water and it’s still sickly after an hour.
PPM is 750. I started with light CannaBoost and TerraFlores last week my three Gorilla Glues look fine. They are a dark dark green now. I’ve never seen them this green.
0DCCEC76 9F4B 4B0F BC7D DED03C716398
E42E37E9 E2B7 412E B3E6 D88267C6B55B

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m getting a little nervous guys. I gave It 2 gals of water and it’s still sickly after an hour.
PPM is 750. I started with light CannaBoost and TerraFlores last week my three Gorilla Glues look fine. They are a dark dark green now. I’ve never seen them this green. View attachment 1010937View attachment 1010939
Same size pots and everything? Sometimes see that when the water temp is cold or hot. Temp shock and they droop for half a day or so just to let ya know you pissed em off. Not certain but one thing that comes to mind. Not all plants are as tolerant of this.

mandoVol

mandoVol

Same size pots and everything? Sometimes see that when the water temp is cold or hot. Temp shock and they droop for half a day or so just to let ya know you pissed em off. Not certain but one thing that comes to mind. Not all plants are as tolerant of this.
Yea, Canna HIGHLY recommends that water temp should be around 68*
I typically ph my water and let it sit overnight and check it again the next am. I just pray I haven’t poisoned them. What should my run off measure at? Do you think I should test my soil ppm?
I’m going make a quick video and send it to you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m going make a quick video and send it to you.

View attachment 1010953
They showing symptoms of overwatering. But in those small pots with the root mass I find it hard to think that's the case but it's possible. It's not to much water that causes this but lack of oxygen so a more compact soil is more prone to it. But they don't look bad at all.

How light are the pots when you water?

How cool does it get over night?

Is it straight cold water in the tap?

Here is what I'm thinking you can try.

Let the water sit in the sun and warm to the temps of the pots before watering.

Check the weight of the pots before watering and make sure they need it.

Water a few hours after they are getting good sun so they are transpiring well first. If you wateres with cold water before they get firing it's possible they will take much longer to get fired up and droop for a few hours. Which can be compounded by a cold water shock.

What I can think of right now with the info provided.

The big part will be making sure they have a chance to take up the water before watering again. But all those tiny things may add up to solve your issue.

What type of soil and drainage?

Top Bottom