I’m in need of help

• Thread starter Fuzzynippz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

All is well I needed to hear that because like I said new to growing and I don't have all that stuff either but Ive been watching and taking mental notes I guess I panicked when my plants never shook back from the transplant it's still green looks good alil burnt at the tips but still good
Just my opinion/experience like aqua said you can grow in miracle grow but there are much better options - choose the one that right for your situation , a lot of us use promix or fox forest products for a soil like mixture. If ya like watering try coco , lol there’s many different methods IMO soil is the easiest for lazy dudes.

Smokeman55

Smokeman55

All is well I needed to hear that because like I said new to growing and I don't have all that stuff either but Ive been watching and taking mental notes I guess I panicked when my plants never shook back from the transplant it's still green looks good alil burnt at the tips but still
Just my opinion/experience like aqua said you can grow in miracle grow but there are much better options - choose the one that right for your situation , a lot of us use promix or fox forest products for a soil like mixture. If ya like watering try coco , lol there’s many different methods IMO soil is the easiest for lazy dudes.
Is Kellogg's premium outdoor soil good for growing??? I add perlite, banana peels and dying flowers in the soil just to add nutrients started in a mix of veg and miracle grow but I just moved to fast I believe from the advice I got so far

Moshmen

Moshmen

All is well I needed to hear that because like I said new to growing and I don't have all that stuff either but Ive been watching and taking mental notes I guess I panicked when my plants never shook back from the transplant it's still green looks good alil burnt at the tips but still

Is Kellogg's premium outdoor soil good for growing??? I add perlite, banana peels and dying flowers in the soil just to add nutrients started in a mix of veg and miracle grow but I just moved to fast I believe from the advice I got so far
Honestly I don’t know, I my nutes cone from a bottle- pure blend pro grow all the way to the end - easy easy easy - that living soil stuff I give up on . Sorry

Subhuman

Subhuman

Might as well jump in with both feet and go dwc hydro. But you have to have ph and ppm meter at least a cheap set. You will have the biggest plants on the block! Glad your plants are looking better.
It will really get tricky when you start flowering. That’s we’re things can go south in a hurry. You will most definitely need those meters then. Ph 6.6 to 6.8 being optimal in soil is where your plant is able to take all nutrients in. When those numbers get way off your plant cannot take in your nutes. Called lock out. You also need to check the runoff of water from plant. To much fertilizer your ppm will be to high. Ph can be to high or low. That’s why everybody said flush your plant. That light you have should have a distance to go by on it’s website Like for seedlings veg flower? But if it doesn’t raise your light to about 24in from tops for a few days and read her. if she is stretching to much lower it down a few inches. Or let it grow up to light. That way you won’t get light burn. Raise it again when it gets about 12in from light or showing light stress Keep doing it till stretch is over. Hope that helps.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Do not remove the leaves until they are all used up. Yes they are ugly but they are still supplying the plant with what it can, when it’s ready to fall off you will be able to give it slight tug and fall right off . Here’s an example of things gone wrong! But damaged leaves won’t recover but the new growth will show the correction made ( 2nd pic)
+1

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I grow in soil and follow the same protocol as GNick. I never ph, never water to runoff, and top dress with Dr Earth amendments. I run my water through a Brita though.
Don't fertilize in soil for the first few weeks, the seedlings don't need it.
No soil amendments when you plant the seed after germination 🤔

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

No soil amendments when you plant the seed after germination 🤔
I grow in FFOF, so the soil has plenty of nutrients for a seedling. I’ve also read that the cotyledons supply food to the seedling as well. Around week 3 or 4 the seedling will have used the available nutrients in the soil and need feeding of some kind from then on.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sorry glad it got cleared up how's it all going
@Smokeman55 ,. Got an update.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Are there ph readings for the media 🤔 if so what is optimal level 🤔
5.3 to 5.5 grow and 5.8 to 6.5
Hmm not sure how it doesn't support microbial life... its a blend of coco, peat, soil and slow release fertilizer. I would say it's not ideal for cannabis but wouldn't say it can't grow it or support microbial life.

Microbes provide benefits but mainly break organic nutrients down into.... salts. Yup that's right plants do not take up organic nutrients only nutrients in salt form. The only difference from synthetic nutrients is how they were derived... a nitrate is a nitrate plain and simple

Organic nutrients build soil texture they do NOT provide any better or differt source of nutrients. I always laugh when I see organic growers throwing soil out after a grow. It defeats the purpose. Definitely beneficial outdoors to build soil and prevent nutrients being leached out of the soil providing a long term food source.

Organics is more like a religion in the cannabis and food industry. It's in large part A huge marketing scam but that's not to say it's not good or that it doesn't provide some benefits that you don't see in say a sterile grow media. Hell even hydro is often run with microbes.
But if it has been refined to basic compounds there is no break down as it's at it's pure form and ready some are force feed no matter what they will suck it up where others get taking in and not used till the spit it out and then try can take it in as food😜👻🚂is my understanding of it

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ah AM! This is where you've been hiding.

Salt = the leftovers from an Acid chemical and a Base chemical (non-acid) mixing. There are many different kinds of salt. The most common are the basic building blocks of nature, potassium, nitrogen (special class of vapor salt), and all the other minerals you feed your plants. All life needs salt or we would dry up very quickly and die, just like plants do without water.

Organic = delivered the same way nature does.
Non-Organic = Made in a factory with byproduct waste.

Both are the exact same salts. The only difference is where they came from.

In soil, the minerals are broken down into salt by enzymes.

Enzyme = a tiny chemical machine that breaks stuff down into its basic parts.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

5.3 to 5.5 grow and 5.8 to 6.5

But if it has been refined to basic compounds there is no break down as it's at it's pure form and ready some are force feed no matter what they will suck it up where others get taking in and not used till the spit it out and then try can take it in as food😜👻🚂is my understanding of it
Does t work that way brother. Microbes just need a surface area food aource and the right environment. Even synthetic nutrients provide a food source as does root shedding. Coco is an amazing media for microbes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ah AM! This is where you've been hiding.

Salt = the leftovers from an Acid chemical and a Base chemical (non-acid) mixing. There are many different kinds of salt. The most common are the basic building blocks of nature, potassium, nitrogen (special class of vapor salt), and all the other minerals you feed your plants. All life needs salt or we would dry up very quickly and die, just like plants do without water.

Organic = delivered the same way nature does.
Non-Organic = Made in a factory with byproduct waste.

Both are the exact same salts. The only difference is where they came from.

In soil, the minerals are broken down into salt by enzymes.

Enzyme = a tiny chemical machine that breaks stuff down into its basic parts.
100% bro... i posted this in another thread I was having some interesting discussions on the matter and probably fitting here.

Just a quick thought... we measure salinity and it's the measure of dissolved salts. As the article states its improper to refer to ions as salts even though I often do. The important part is that we understand the difference in when discussing salt based ferts and organics ferts. In the end they both contribute to salinity and are ions. So this chemical salts stuff is bogus. I try to explain where I can but it usually gets the organic guys up in arms... what they don't realize is I'm not bashing organics and I use them in my garden. They are absolutely wonderful but that doesn't mean synthetic are chemical garbage that toxify's our plants

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants make enzymes and statches to feed the microbes.... microbes in turn make enzymes to feed the plant. It's both not only one way. Bit it depends on the microbes as they perform many different processes depending on the species

This is how plants attract microbes and how they work symbiotically

Latest posts

Top Bottom