I’m new here from South Africa, my first ever cannabis grow, need all the help I can get!

• Thread starter Rouen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rouen

Rouen

Can this be nutrient burn? look yellow to me with some burn tips. ppm was at 1100 in flowering stage, 3rd day in.
Im new here from south africa my first ever cannabis grow need all the help i can get

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Rouen , my thought , although I can be completely wrong ....is that the plants were already suffering from a nutrient deficiency , maybe during the middle or late veg stage , like a little bit nitrogen starved , the purple stem might be a magnesium issue , so it looks like it's been translated into your flower time , I mean I don't think the poor leaf coloring happened when you flipped and started feeding flower nutes .
Yea I see the burnt tips , but maybe that's just new burn from the relatively high ppm flower dose ...
Just a theory , I mean it can be heat, root bound , drainage issues also ....
I don't believe the discoloration is nutrient burn

Moshmen

Moshmen

Can this be nutrient burn? look yellow to me with some burn tips. ppm was at 1100 in flowering stage, 3rd day in. View attachment 1117419
I’m a little newer and need more info ? What medium ya growin in? Coco? Soil? Is that ppm of the water going in? Or run off ? Ph of both ? Are you using tap water?

I do agree it’s not burnt. More like some kind of uptake issue , either root zone issue or a cal mag issue I’m leaning towards to much cal mag? How much you feeding

Rouen

Rouen

Hey Rouen , my thought , although I can be completely wrong ....is that the plants were already suffering from a nutrient deficiency , maybe during the middle or late veg stage , like a little bit nitrogen starved , the purple stem might be a magnesium issue , so it looks like it's been translated into your flower time , I mean I don't think the poor leaf coloring happened when you flipped and started feeding flower nutes .
Yea I see the burnt tips , but maybe that's just new burn from the relatively high ppm flower dose ...
Just a theory , I mean it can be heat, root bound , drainage issues also ....
I don't believe the discoloration is nutrient burn
Hi, Yes you right, had some problems from veg stage, will def look into the magnesium issue, thanks.

Rouen

Rouen

Can this be nutrient burn? look yellow to me with some burn tips. ppm was at 1100 in flowering stage, 3rd day in. View attachment 1117419
I’m a little newer and need more info ? What medium ya growin in? Coco? Soil? Is that ppm of the water going in? Or run off ? Ph of both ? Are you using tap water?

I do agree it’s not burnt. More like some kind of uptake issue , either root zone issue or a cal mag issue I’m leaning towards to much cal mag? How much you feeding
Hi, sorry yes that was the run off, using tap water and PH to 5.9, ppm was around 450 at veg stage and tried to up it for first week in flowering at 800ppm, not sure how the reading got that high! medium is coco and perlite. feeding only once a day. I see you ask the PH of the run off as well?, have to confess i never test the run off PH! is that a mistake? and why, for what reason? Thanks

Rouen

Rouen

Hi, missed a Q, I just bought a packet of Calmag, havent givin them yet... at all... since birth...

Rooke

Rooke

Hi, missed a Q, I just bought a packet of Calmag, havent givin them yet... at all... since birth...
Hey there, if they were my plants I would definitely give them some cal mag at 1/2 strength for a couple of feeds and see how they respond. I find once you start giving it to them they can become cal mag junkies lol but wait till others reply with their recommendations as they are great farmers!!! I’m sure your gals are in good hands. I’m going to follow along on this one buddy and perhaps they may recognize that they may need more N in your feeds for a bit as sometimes going to flowering nutes leaves them a bit deficient as well. Good luck with your grow!!!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hey there, if they were my plants I would definitely give them some cal mag at 1/2 strength for a couple of feeds and see how they respond. I find once you start giving it to them they can become cal mag junkies lol but wait till others reply with their recommendations as they are great farmers!!! I’m sure your gals are in good hands. I’m going to follow along on this one buddy and perhaps they may recognize that they may need more N in your feeds for a bit as sometimes going to flowering nutes leaves them a bit deficient as well. Good luck with your grow!!!
Rooke is on to something - def start with the cal mag go slow ,

I’m not a coco grower, and it has different needs for sure @Rooke you a coco user?

also correct with the bloom nutes and nitro needs. I personally use grow formula the whole cycle.
You may need to start watering more often ?

I check run off to compare the intake ppm for example if I’m feeding 500 ppm and runoff is 650 I feel pretty good about that. If I’m feeding 500 and runoff is 1100 then I know I prolly have some salt build up in my soil.

I’d really like to hear a coco Growers opinion ?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Light is about 50cm from top canapy, light is a 450W Samsung full spectrum LED Grow light Quantum board, 2 lights in a 2.4m X 1.2m X 2.0m Tent

450 watts might need to be higher than 20 inches/50cm from the girls i think. when mine looked like that, i raised the light a bit and it got lots better. even if that is not it, @Aqua Man says they need to have reduced light if they are puny. but i know nothing.

Moshmen

Moshmen

450 watts might need to be higher than 20 inches/50cm from the girls i think. when mine looked like that, i raised the light a bit and it got lots better. even if that is not it, @Aqua Man says they need to have reduced light if they are puny. but i know nothing.
This is true but I don’t see light stress in this case - but it can’t hurt to back it up a little-

Moshmen

Moshmen

just a thought.
the yellowing tips could be from the light.. from the plants not being fed enough.
they seem light green..
Agreed they are def hungry maybe need the extra nitro mentioned, I’d start with a little cal mag - maybe even go back to veg nutes ?

Rooke

Rooke

Heya @ Moshmen I’m a soil grower but I believe I’ve seen coco growers make it part of their regular feeds as @ Billymgb mentioned. I don’t have to use it very often as I have well water here but once in awhile the odd plant gets it at some point .
finicky strains I’ve grown seem to need it. Hope this helps out nice looking plants you have there Rouen

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

To me immediately my gut reaction is that it is some type of oxygen uptake issues. I have seen that issue myself in the past when I packed my soil too tight and then overwatered. Root rot can often lead to faded leaves starting to yellow. However after reading that you are in coco and perlite I would say root rot is more unlikely. Your pots don't have drip catchers at the bottom do they? If so its possible a few inches of water could be building up and staying stagnate down there making your lower roots soggy and mushy. This has happened to me before now I only use fabric pots with no catchers so they can fully air out after every watering. This may not be it but it's a possibility. Good luck.

Top Bottom