I’m new here with my first grow

• Thread starter DblUJ69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DblUJ69

DblUJ69

Hi to all cultivators!
I’m so excited to be part of this growing community!
I’ll post as often as I can and hope the babies will grow up strong and healthy.
Anyone, please advice if you do see me heading in a bad direction.
Many thanks and appreciation.

280A4618-14DB-4BF5-A0CE-2BA4F38D36AC.jpeg

I should have planted them in peat moss earlier, *face palm*, the germination was so quick. Took 2 days to germinate to this, look like this baby was eager to make me smile🥰Anyway, I quickly transplanted it into peat moss pellet which I bought from the Home Depot.

FAC2B500-A608-4B95-8921-C8A08293ECBB.jpeg

Ahh..much better here I guess.
I’m still figuring how I should create my potting mix. Well, the daily humidity is >80% and daily temperatures range from 26-32 degree celsius.
I guess I should get potting mix that doesn’t retain too much water.
I’m gonna go check the supermarket tomorrow to see what I can get and do one thing at a time.
It’s pretty confusing to having spent 6 hours reading the forum about everything I mean literally everything. (Not that I could remember all of it)
Well, the beauty of doing something for the first time is in the uncertainty and certainly there are going to be plenty that I might face.
I like to keep my heart ready for the challenges ahead and shout-out to anyone that’s currently in a similar situation, LET’S GO!!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
congratulations!
you came to the right place!
enjoy the farm!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi to all cultivators!
I’m so excited to be part of this growing community!
I’ll post as often as I can and hope the babies will grow up strong and healthy.
Anyone, please advice if you do see me heading in a bad direction.
Many thanks and appreciation.

280A4618-14DB-4BF5-A0CE-2BA4F38D36AC.jpeg

I should have planted them in peat moss earlier, *face palm*, the germination was so quick. Took 2 days to germinate to this, look like this baby was eager to make me smile🥰Anyway, I quickly transplanted it into peat moss pellet which I bought from the Home Depot.

FAC2B500-A608-4B95-8921-C8A08293ECBB.jpeg

Ahh..much better here I guess.
I’m still figuring how I should create my potting mix. Well, the daily humidity is >80% and daily temperatures range from 26-32 degree celsius.
I guess I should get potting mix that doesn’t retain too much water.
I’m gonna go check the supermarket tomorrow to see what I can get and do one thing at a time.
It’s pretty confusing to having spent 6 hours reading the forum about everything I mean literally everything. (Not that I could remember all of it)
Well, the beauty of doing something for the first time is in the uncertainty and certainly there are going to be plenty that I might face.
I like to keep my heart ready for the challenges ahead and shout-out to anyone that’s currently in a similar situation, LET’S GO!!!

Do you want to make your first grow easy?

1 Choose a good well aerated light soil.30% perlite is a recommended percentage. Lots of brands come close or are spot on. Promix is one I use sometimes.
2.Pick a brand of nutrients...many to choose from I use General Hydroponics 3 part flora system & have for 20+ years. then the most important part .....follow their recommended feeding schedules......you'll learn to tweak it as you grow.
3 This might be the most important rule. Get seeds with good genetics from a reliable source.
4 No!. light leaks once turned to 12/12 lights in the tent.
5 Read & participate on these forums daily until they're ready to smoke.

DblUJ69

DblUJ69

Do you want to make your first grow easy?

1 Choose a good well aerated light soil.30% perlite is a recommended percentage. Lots of brands come close or are spot on. Promix is one I use sometimes.
2.Pick a brand of nutrients...many to choose from I use General Hydroponics 3 part flora system & have for 20+ years. then the most important part .....follow their recommended feeding schedules......you'll learn to tweak it as you grow.
3 This might be the most important rule. Get seeds with good genetics from a reliable source.
4 No!. light leaks once turned to 12/12 lights in the tent.
5 Read & participate on these forums daily until they're ready to smoke.
Thank you sooooo much for the advice! I’m considering to get a growing tent, now that I read about light leaks and pests! Btw, I found a fly wandering across the moss, freaked me out!
And I wished I could get good seeds, but I’m afraid I might get into TROUBLE at the customs if I do, really strict here.

DblUJ69

DblUJ69

Day 5
They look fine I think. Considering to get a growing tent, but the amount of space I have is sooooooo limited. I have a small corner in the room which could fit 50x50x100 tent, overcrowding is definite!

I’m pretty sure the leaves that branch out will kiss the walls in the tent. I might just have to make do with that. Not considering for to get huge yield, I think it should do fine.

And here are the babies!!!

5A305848 16E2 4BE7 890A 7E601D018DEE

82353D8E 1C3A 4DBA 9D0D EDA5B465BD74
567E2B3A 6B25 4737 96EB C9E23C7789AB
F4EB3DA4 88CC 4707 91CE CE58BC833821
ABE83121 0467 4F54 A065 999F7AD74B0F
84A82DFB 10B0 4E82 8E12 ABDF272B9D6E

Btw, should I pick the seed off them or just allow it to drop naturally?

And I noticed some discolouration in no. 1 & 2, is that normal? I’m guessing due to the late transplant during germination, there could be a minor root issue with them both. (I’ll continue to observe)

No. 4 was only planted yesterday, counting day 2 as of today. I could see some flesh as of now. So I lightly dressed back the hole after taking a photo.

Currently, the babies are getting 10-12hrs of natural sunlight and 6 hrs of indoor lighting from my lamp. (It should be fine I think, since the seedlings are still really young)

Because of the higher temperatures in the day, I drip the soil with a tsp of distilled water twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evenings. (It was a sunny 32 deg today😤)

I was thinking of transplanting them into potting mix in a few days, probably on Monday.

Guess that’s about it for today.
Oh and I’m getting so much love from the community already, lucky me!
Love y’all and happy weekend!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Day 5
They look fine I think. Considering to get a growing tent, but the amount of space I have is sooooooo limited. I have a small corner in the room which could fit 50x50x100 tent, overcrowding is definite!

I’m pretty sure the leaves that branch out will kiss the walls in the tent. I might just have to make do with that. Not considering for to get huge yield, I think it should do fine.

And here are the babies!!!

View attachment 1116712
View attachment 1116713View attachment 1116714View attachment 1116715View attachment 1116716View attachment 1116717
Btw, should I pick the seed off them or just allow it to drop naturally?

And I noticed some discolouration in no. 1 & 2, is that normal? I’m guessing due to the late transplant during germination, there could be a minor root issue with them both. (I’ll continue to observe)

No. 4 was only planted yesterday, counting day 2 as of today. I could see some flesh as of now. So I lightly dressed back the hole after taking a photo.

Currently, the babies are getting 10-12hrs of natural sunlight and 6 hrs of indoor lighting from my lamp. (It should be fine I think, since the seedlings are still really young)

Because of the higher temperatures in the day, I drip the soil with a tsp of distilled water twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evenings. (It was a sunny 32 deg today😤)

I was thinking of transplanting them into potting mix in a few days, probably on Monday.

Guess that’s about it for today.
Oh and I’m getting so much love from the community already, lucky me!
Love y’all and happy weekend!
Soak completely then let dry, get it into a larger cup with more soil so you don't have to keep adding water. You don't need direct sunlight on them right now either let them grow a bit before getting the full blast from the sun ( indoors behind windows it can get too hot & and fry them )

I don't like those seed pods, they dry out on me, I just use my growing mix in 12 oz solo cups.

DblUJ69

DblUJ69

Soak completely then let dry, get it into a larger cup with more soil so you don't have to keep adding water. You don't need direct sunlight on them right now either let them grow a bit before getting the full blast from the sun ( indoors behind windows it can get too hot & and fry them )

I don't like those seed pods, they dry out on me, I just use my growing mix in 12 oz solo cups.
Yesss I noticed the peat moss dries up really quickly. I’ll transfer them to potting mix tomorrow!
I shifted them behind window today, burning 33 degrees today 🥵
7935B86C D7C6 414D ADBD 1E3068CD98ED

DblUJ69

DblUJ69

Tragic news today when I woke up, one of the seedlings kinda just died.
C4360C12 E31C 490D 8237 BE21868CF2C7

I noticed the black “rot” on the leaves, and when I unearthed the baby, to see what’s wrong. It fell apart 😢 maybe could be bad genetics, or too much water or Something. Oh well, shit happens.

The rest is growing normally, I’ll post another later. Waiting for my tent and lights to be delivered.

Went sourcing for plant food at the supermarket but all I found was 15-15-15 heavy nutes.

I can’t get the really top notched products currently, would take at least a month to get here. So I’m trying to see what I can get locally. (Trying to cut the cost at the start)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
really your as long as it had a NPK ratio., 15-15-15 is a NPK ratio, though try to find a “veg” formula where the 3 numbers are not the same, take a pic and post it here

Top Bottom