I’m so annoyed been MIA trying to solve my cloning issue

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Guys I’m so vexed. I’ve been fighting clone issues. Ive lost so many clones and it’s set shit back a little.. I have 140 site aeroponic cloner. I used it on my first run no issues. Used tap water phd to 5.5 and just clonex on the stems. Had exaplosive roots 5 days no other additions.. now this freakin system has been nothing but trouble. Ruined batches within the last 2-3 weeks.. noticed that the water was noticeable warmer than the entire process the first go around.. like 80 -83 degrees. Which is what I assumed was giving me mushy slim stems.. so what I do? I start putting frozen ice bottles in which slowed the rate of me losing clones down considerably. Im not getting roots though now and it’s been over a week not even nubs.. some bumps here and there but nothing consistent.. I cleaned the shit out my system bleach and h202…. Today I noticed slimy build up on the manifold nozzles so i replaced them. I never noticed that slime while cleaning.. I dumped the Rez and filled with RO water.. used 15 ml of hydroguard and clonex nute 150 ml for roughly 8 gallons.. my ppm is 350. Phd to 5.5.. put 1 liter ice bottle in the tank.. and turned off the light above it it’s a hlg65 which is too much light for it anyway.. I just got residual light from my hlg100s that’s for my mothers now.. the clones were photosynthesizing and not developing roots.. RH in the room is about 65 temp about 75.. anyone had this issue mushy light brown stems and slow to no root growth? I’m pissed I hope this hydroguard and clonex nute shit works. I guy from a local shop recommended that. Says he’s never had any issues using both together….

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Guys I’m so vexed. I’ve been fighting clone issues. Ive lost so many clones and it’s set shit back a little.. I have 140 site aeroponic cloner. I used it on my first run no issues. Used tap water phd to 5.5 and just clonex on the stems. Had exaplosive roots 5 days no other additions.. now this freakin system has been nothing but trouble. Ruined batches within the last 2-3 weeks.. noticed that the water was noticeable warmer than the entire process the first go around.. like 80 -83 degrees. Which is what I assumed was giving me mushy slim stems.. so what I do? I start putting frozen ice bottles in which slowed the rate of me losing clones down considerably. Im not getting roots though now and it’s been over a week not even nubs.. some bumps here and there but nothing consistent.. I cleaned the shit out my system bleach and h202…. Today I noticed slimy build up on the manifold nozzles so i replaced them. I never noticed that slime while cleaning.. I dumped the Rez and filled with RO water.. used 15 ml of hydroguard and clonex nute 150 ml for roughly 8 gallons.. my ppm is 350. Phd to 5.5.. put 1 liter ice bottle in the tank.. and turned off the light above it it’s a hlg65 which is too much light for it anyway.. I just got residual light from my hlg100s that’s for my mothers now.. the clones were photosynthesizing and not developing roots.. RH in the room is about 65 temp about 75.. anyone had this issue mushy light brown stems and slow to no root growth? I’m pissed I hope this hydroguard and clonex nute shit works. I guy from a local shop recommended that. Says he’s never had any issues using both together….
Imo humidity to low. Shoot for 80% RH and just enough light to prevent them from flowering.

Temps should be fine in aero. Hydroguard will help.

One thing that comes to mind is you probably should have been changing water out every 2 days if not treating with h2o2 or hydroguard

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

So if you gotten roots before.. what's different? A unhealthy mom plant you took cuttings from? The clone should root just like your doing it. I keep my water 78 to 80 but after 5 to 7 days of roots I pull them. If it's that warm it will cause rootrot. Ph water to 6.0 to 6.2. Add nutrients when you see roots.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

So if you gotten roots before.. what's different? A unhealthy mom plant you took cuttings from? The clone should root just like your doing it. I keep my water 78 to 80 but after 5 to 7 days of roots I pull them. If it's that warm it will cause rootrot. Ph water to 6.0 to 6.2. Add nutrients when you see roots.
Water temp is different.. the pump is heating the water up. So what I do? Went and got another pump and that’s also heating the water up I’m back to putting ice bottles in my tank…(I’m not getting root growth) been over a week…. I’ve had my timer set to 15 on 45 off 15 on 30 off 15 on.. it’s currently set to 45 on 15 off.. with the RO water and hydroguard clonex nute combo. If I get roots I’ll back it back down to 15 on 45 off….My mommas are healthy to add…

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Yesterday the water was cool no more than 77 and I checked my stems I had two that was shrunk and mushy I went ballistic and dumped the whole Rez… and went with the Ro water and new manifold inserts.. with 15 ml hydro g and 150 ml clonex solution. I put a 1l ice bottle in there aswell. that’s where I’m currently at now. I’ll go check on things ina few hours to see if the water is staying cool

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Imo humidity to low. Shoot for 80% RH and just enough light to prevent them from flowering.

Temps should be fine in aero. Hydroguard will help.

One thing that comes to mind is you probably should have been changing water out every 2 days if not treating with h2o2 or hydroguard
I started to put my Dome back on my aero cloner. The RH of the room is around 65 I clone in the same room as my mommas… I was under the impression as long as the Rh inside the aero cloner is high is all that mattered??? I’m not sure what that is I have no way of measuring it but I didn’t have issues before and the environment is the same.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

You can save the stems by scraping the rot off them, will make them burst roots out easier.

if the pump is making your water hot then it's working too hard, always get a pump larger than what you need so it never struggles.

Your not cutting your stems down the middle are you?

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

You can save the stems by scraping the rot off them, will make them burst roots out easier.

if the pump is making your water hot then it's working too hard, always get a pump larger than what you need so it never struggles.

Your not cutting your stems down the middle are you?
I’ve been recutting the mushy portions off and redipping in clonex gel. Atleast on the ones with stems long enough for that.. the mushy portions can’t be scrapped off due to to stem mass underneath the outside layer of skin not being there anymore. Which is the only thing that’s holding the mushy crap onto the stem in the first place. (The outside layer of the stem) (it’s hollow in the inside) the pump is brand new and designed for aeroponic cloners. It’s right under 500 gph. I was actually afraid it was too strong if anything… but it pumps the same as the one that came with the cloner. No I’m not cutting the stems down the middle. Just 45 degree angle is all I’ve been doing.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I started to put my Dome back on my aero cloner. The RH of the room is around 65 I clone in the same room as my mommas… I was under the impression as long as the Rh inside the aero cloner is high is all that mattered??? I’m not sure what that is I have no way of measuring it but I didn’t have issues before and the environment is the same.I just started using hydrogurd. Yesterday prior to that I was using 30 % h202.. the H202 haven’t helped my issue at all sadly

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Under 500gph pump for a large site aeroponic cloner..mine is only a 35 site aerocloner and it uses a 580gph pump and it doesn't heat the water up.

That's great your not cutting them down the middle. : )

Oh get rid of the dome you don't need it.

Also with your water don't adjust the Ph just use water straight from the tap.

Last edited:
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Under 500gph pump for a large site aeroponic cloner..mine is only a 35 site aerocloner and it uses a 580gph pump and it doesn't heat the water up.

That's great your not cutting them down the middle. : )
It’s like 493 I got it out of a local grow store.. it’s the same physics size as the one that came with the cloner.. and that one heated up the water on the systems second use. I dunno man this is just annoying as hell I’ve thrown 100s of dollars at this issue. Rockwool has never done me wrong. But how I grow now I can’t use rock wool anymore..

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

It’s like 493 I got it out of a local grow store.. it’s the same physics size as the one that came with the cloner.. and that one heated up the water on the systems second use. I dunno man this is just annoying as hell I’ve thrown 100s of dollars at this issue. Rockwool has never done me wrong. But how I grow now I can’t use rock wool anymore..
Yep i would get a larger pump and watch your water temps drop.

Do you have a pic of the manifold for your cloner?

Is it a DIY or store bought cloner?

If bought just give me the name and I'll search it save you uploading a pic.

Damn 140 site is huge. :P

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

The neoprene inserts are like 1.5 so it keeps everything real tight and compact.. the manifold is probably not much bigger than yours

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

The neoprene inserts are like 1.5 so it keeps everything real tight and compact.. the manifold is probably not much bigger than yours.

Just checked that link and wow that manifold is tiny with not many nozzles.

Mine is a DIY I'll try find a pic of it..

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I wonder if the added pressure with this new pump is causing excessive friction which is heating my water up quicker? I’m no freakin scientist.. if I’m still getting mushy stems today I’m gonna go back to the smaller pump..

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

This is the manifold from mine, has 360deg and 180deg misters and covers the whole tote.

I would try and keep the number of your clones down if you can, with that manifold i would half the amount of clones your trying to root with it.

Don't add additives you don't need them, less is more.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I wonder if the added pressure with this new pump is causing excessive friction which is heating my water up quicker? I’m no freakin scientist.. if I’m still getting mushy stems today I’m gonna go back to the smaller pump..
it could be, but i have a much smaller tote..larger pump with less water and my temps don't go up.

What light are you using..?

Best thing you can do now would be to ditch the dome.

Don't adjust the Ph of your water.

Last edited:
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

it could be, but i have a much smaller tote..larger pump with less water and my temps don't go up.

What light are you using..?

Best thing you can do now would be to ditch the dome.

Don't adjust the Ph of your water.
Hlg 65 hanging about 2.5 foot from the cloner but I’ve turned it off cuz I’m getting considerable leaf mass with no roots lol… it’s just getting a little light from my hlg 100s which are for my mothers now…

Latest posts

Top Bottom