I’m so annoyed been MIA trying to solve my cloning issue

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter
So I wonder if I’m getting enough humidity not having the pump on long enough.. so I turned the timer to 5 minutes on 15 minutes off… I switched the pump out last night. Water temp this morning was 76. I had one un rooted clone that turned into mush so I replaced it.. I have 1 gallons jugs I’m throwing into the tank just waiting for them to freeze throughly.. I’ll see how this goes
Sorry I haven’t been around the last few days,
I’ll try and think of any other advice that could help.

How are you adding oxygen to the water?
It’s curious I don’t see any air stones or ways to add any..

Not enough dissolved oxygen would definitely lead to damping off problems.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Sorry I haven’t been around the last few days,
I’ll try and think of any other advice that could help.

How are you adding oxygen to the water?
It’s curious I don’t see any air stones or ways to add any..

Not enough dissolved oxygen would definitely lead to damping off problems.
I didn’t add any air stones before 🧐 I guess I could add a pump I have a few 750s laying around . I assumed the water fall effect was sufficient enough due to it worked just fine that way before

harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter
I didn’t add any air stones before 🧐 I guess I could add a pump I have a few 750s laying around . I assumed the water fall effect was sufficient enough due to it worked just fine that way before
I think you’re right about the waterfall effect, been a little while since I ran an aerocloner, that should add plenty of oxygen.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I think you’re right about the waterfall effect, been a little while since I ran an aerocloner, that should add plenty of oxygen.
But indeed airstones would help keep the water
yea my stems aren’t submerged in the water so continuous oxygen isn’t needed like dwc or rdwc

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I just broke down and got this chiller. Don’t mind me just throwing more money at my problem lol. I think it’s not a bad price it’s only 100 w max.. with this I shouldn’t have to worry about mush stems anymore. I’ll keep it at 68f-70f and run it 24/7..

Akozon Fish Tank Water Cooling Heating Machine, Digital Temperature Controller Regulator Thermostat for Aquarium, Aquaculture and Greenhouse US Plug (35L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWQPHM...abc_VDQSD0BZ4RZM2S1G7Q8D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

It’s been a while. I have massive root growth now. It’s cooler out now water barely breaks 70 degrees.. it just took way to long to get to this point.. it took a better part of 3 weeks to get 3-5 inch root growth on 80% clones. I have a couple handful not yet rooted, due to mush stems I’d cut new clones and replace.. I haven’t had a mush stem in over a week. Same water no alterations but the temperature. Which gives me solid belief that my problem all along in to warm of water on (((unrooted))) clones. ((Rooted clones)) don’t mind elevated water temps. It’s when their unrooted that their fragile to temperature increases. This is my experience in my environment and systems so far…

Pileit

Pileit

Went through about 3 months of cloning troubles. Always did the same steps in oxy and aerocloners. Had great success and then it went to hell for 3 months. Went back to rockwool and still wasnt great. Started using clear rez and it straightened evrything out. Not sure if our well water changed or ? Really got us in a bind with no plants under all them lights. Things are back on track. Best of luck.

Top Bottom