I’m so confused with height ?

• Thread starter Fuzzynippz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

Hey so my buddy started plants on April 1st and I’m looking after one of them as he had to many now I’m wondering why his plants are twice the size of the one I’m looking after ?

Im so confused with height
Farmer88

Farmer88

Did you start yours at the same time? And are there other variables between the two samples?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

The same strain can have multiple pheno types maybe yours is just a different pheno of same strain. Or you could be watering to much or to little, is he feeding? Are you? Different lights give different results are your lights the same? If not that could be it, or maybe he just has more experience is all.

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

We both run leds he’s in a closet I’m in a tent I water when my pots are light he uses a water meter thing same soil as me
The plant I have also is more bushy then his he’s got branches with some leaves where I got branches with lots of leaves

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Let's rule out magic. That leaves genetics or environment.

Do his grows typically outperform yours? If yes, it's probably environment. If no, it's probably a different pheno.

Then again, it could be both.

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

We are both fairly new to indoor grow I’m just going to chalk it up to genetics I was just curious

Ponky

Ponky

Indoor levels of CO2 can vary greatly. He could have 1000 ppm and you could have 440 ppm. And the water quality could vary. And his light could simply be better made. Just a fluke. But... also. Out of every batch of plants there is Champs. And runts.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you say both use leds, are they comparable in wattage and spectrum?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not saying you did but by the looks of the small one is stunted, probably from overwatering.

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

That’s the lil one from the other post I got where it looked doomed it’s come back a lot

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Difference in light spectrum and intensity... you add nutrients to yours?

Your have light stress and transpiration issues from environment or watering. Which causes nutrient issues.

If I'm guessing you light is a lot closer and blurple not full spectrum. But that's not the only reason like I say. Environment and watering and I can't help but think you have tried to force feed these nutrients at some point.

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

I just turned the purple light on for the pic and negative I haven’t added and nutrients to it but as I am a newbie I used the wrong soil 😢 and used mg

FistingNuns

FistingNuns

It's a genetics thing . What you should do is clean them up and train them. So you don't have issues later. Best of luck with the grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's a genetics thing . What you should do is clean them up and train them. So you don't have issues later. Best of luck with the grow.
As @GNick55 said absolutely not genetic. How would you explain the others at his buddies doing absolutely fine.

I just turned the purple light on for the pic and negative I haven’t added and nutrients to it but as I am a newbie I used the wrong soil 😢 and used mg
So you used a different soil? Much higher in nutrients I assume? What's the soil?

Top Bottom