I’m sure I f’d up, to much Nutrients?

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Forgot to reply… it just appeared that way in this photo but im on a phone and my eyes are bad.

05C97992 774C 46A4 B762 A6B1BEDBF1B5
S

Sod

If/when I get bugs in the soil I cover the top/dirt with sand or diatamacious earth. It helped with a terrible fungus gnat attack one time. But my plants did not look like yours. I may have eliminated the gnats before they did much damage. Bugs are no joke. And they can really explode in dirt if you aren't catching them early. Good luck.

SOD

K

Kopper1013

Should I remove the infected or hurt leaves?
The trail you circled definitely look bug like I’ve never seen that, seems like everything happened in one night, no gradual progression GC has been my number 2 plant the whole grow so far and just turned….what’s my next move?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The trail you circled definitely look bug like I’ve never seen that, seems like everything happened in one night, no gradual progression GC has been my number 2 plant the whole grow so far and just turned….what’s my next move?
Cut open that lump and see if there is a larvae in there or if it was hollowed out.

If so thats where my knowledge ends other than removing any affected portions. It sad but possibly entire plant’s may need to be scrapped.

K

Kopper1013

Well that’s a bummer, I’ll replant the two healthier looking ones tomorrow and then see what we have going on…

If I find nothing is that essentially just topping it and the bottom will begin to fill out?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well that’s a bummer, I’ll replant the two healthier looking ones tomorrow and then see what we have going on…

If I find nothing is that essentially just topping it and the bottom will begin to fill out?
Squish the stem see if its a bit softer in the ridge. Then cut vertically at the bulge and try to pry open to confirm.. if nothing the just let it heal and it will be fine. If there is a larvae pull it out and close it back up.

I really cant tell you how to combat these… its not really my area of expertise.

@1diesel1 you have any experience with these brother?

K

Kopper1013

Ok let me run another possibility through y’all
First here’s the roots of the two infected or sad plants
24717798 0810 4E23 8318 A603F9F40F56
164483E8 58DE 4051 8E1A 2A049DB798BE
4818232A FF04 4976 B7BC D4F2EC88BB5A

I opted to transplant today and will separate them from everyone else

Was thinking, the door they’re on was treated Monday with ortho home defense (allowed to dry 24hrs), Tuesday after feeding on my driveway and allowed to rest till sunset they were moved to that door. Thursday I fed them on that door and didn’t elevate them to get out of run off, is it possible the roots at the bottom absorbed poison through the bottom?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok let me run another possibility through y’all
First here’s the roots of the two infected or sad plants
View attachment 1254570View attachment 1254569View attachment 1254568
I opted to transplant today and will separate them from everyone else

Was thinking, the door they’re on was treated Monday with ortho home defense (allowed to dry 24hrs), Tuesday after feeding on my driveway and allowed to rest till sunset they were moved to that door. Thursday I fed them on that door and didn’t elevate them to get out of run off, is it possible the roots at the bottom absorbed poison through the bottom?
Very unlikely

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Seperate them all if you think you could have bugs or soon each one will have the problem,sorry if someone mentioned it already

K

Kopper1013

Bought both these
Planning to treat tonight, can I treat with both at the same time? Thoughts on them?
I understand if I have a borer this won’t help but may help with something else I don’t see…?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Bought both these
View attachment 1254625Planning to treat tonight, can I treat with both at the same time? Thoughts on them?
I understand if I have a borer this won’t help but may help with something else I don’t see…?
I think Aquaman gave good advice to get into the stalk and have a look to verify if you even have them. Get a mag glass and thoroughly look at the entire plant before doing it. Maybe a thin shallow slice with a razor blade won't do much damage and will heal quickly,you may not even have a borer.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Bought both these
View attachment 1254625Planning to treat tonight, can I treat with both at the same time? Thoughts on them?
Neem is like using dormant oil,it's decent but it won't keep mites,bugs away for long as it smothers rather than kills and prolongued use inhibits growth and insect stage depends on effectiveness . the best non systemic you can buy is end all and most plants love it and it's easily washed away whereas neem stays "in" the leaves and takes time for plants to recover. I use endall even if i don;t have bugs as a boost,it has pyrethrine and potassium in it and made from chrysanthemums and harmless to bees

End All Concentrate
K

Kopper1013

I think his advice is great please don’t get me wrong with all this questioning, I just don’t even know where to start slicing 🤷🏼‍♂️ Fan leaves are effected from bottom to top of both plants, there is that trail on the stalk which I suppose the top could be where borer began its entry? I could slice there then down but where dose one stop? If the fan leaves are effected at the bottom and the top idk if it’s going up or down? I was kinda hoping I would start to see a bulge then go after the bastard….

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know shit about treatments but really feel strongly as @Buzzzz said that you should always confirm before treatment

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I think his advice is great please don’t get me wrong with all this questioning, I just don’t even know where to start slicing 🤷🏼‍♂️ Fan leaves are effected from bottom to top of both plants, there is that trail on the stalk which I suppose the top could be where borer began its entry? I could slice there then down but where dose one stop? If the fan leaves are effected at the bottom and the top idk if it’s going up or down? I was kinda hoping I would start to see a bulge then go after the bastard….
if its a borer you will likely find clues to it's entry or anomolies in the stalk,i've seen it in corn and theres usually eggs and they seem to go where the leaf comes out and everything there goes black from necrosis,that spot you had circled where there is a lump and a track seems like a logical place to put a tiny cut if you have eliminated other reasons,again you may be off assuming it is a borer. Do the basics first and check it 100% for external bugs and make sure it's not grower error

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I didn’t think they look that bad. I always lose some of the lower leaves as I up pot two or three times to get up to the larger containers. Usually from leaving in the smaller containers too long and getting root bound. And from bad watering practices. Get them into the bigger containers And Watch your watering practices and see what happens. Just my two cents. Outdoors and in cloth pots. 30 and 40 gallon.

K

Kopper1013

Thanks y’all for the advice and thoughts getting through this…. Will update this later this week when I’ve watched them progress in one direction or the other

Top Bottom