I’m sure I f’d up, to much Nutrients?

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
520Gthumb

520Gthumb

I honestly thought it looked like sun damage. It also looked like it had a spray of water or foliar feeding b4 was set outside in sun. Just a thought from an old farmer.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Big Bloom for vegging plant? Just an FYI, there's a difference between grow and bloom nutes. At what PPM? IMO, it's displaying P and K toxicity, combined with plant stress.
I've been following their feeding schedule through this grow. They actually recommend using bb through the whole grow. In the beginning its 6tsp then gets down to 3. They said it's very mild.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I think this was the first time I'd ever read all the way through a thread. I'm curious as to what's going on here. I'm a first time grower as well. Sucks you're having to deal with it. Performing surgery on a plant could be interesting though. If you go that route. Keep us updated whatever you do. Good luck bro

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Hey y’all, fed my girls yesterday with Fox Farm Big Bloom I normally use Fox Farm Grow Big. Their last feeding was 4.5 days ago so I think I over fed but this dosent look like pictures I’ve seenView attachment 1254226View attachment 1254225View attachment 1254223View attachment 1254222View attachment 1254221thoughts?

I’m repotting them tomorrow into 25gal pot, should I flush them tonight?
Seems like its on the big fan leaves on two out of my 4 plants…
Hey!
My best advice to you is to buy Jorge Cervantes medical marijuana grow Bible. As well as following a "super soil" recipe.
Next I would advise u to stop using foxfarm asap. Or at least cut ur application in half. Remember less is more!!

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

These are my girlsView attachment 1254232
This is the plant on the far leftView attachment 1254233View attachment 1254234
Maybe a Deficiency showing in those lower leaves? Middle girl seems OK upper pictures of are the two on the right side of the picture
So idk where ur located or what u have access to, but you want to give your plants EVERYTHING they need be4 issues start.
Look at a product called "superthrive" and try taking alot more of an organic approach.
Build a super soil mix.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

If/when I get bugs in the soil I cover the top/dirt with sand or diatamacious earth. It helped with a terrible fungus gnat attack one time. But my plants did not look like yours. I may have eliminated the gnats before they did much damage. Bugs are no joke. And they can really explode in dirt if you aren't catching them early. Good luck.

SOD
Food grade diatomaceous earth I hope

K

Kopper1013

Update guys:

I did end up doing a little exploring but didn’t find a borer (thank goodness!!).
It would seem whatever happened stopped progressing though the infected leaves are still Dying which I expected… hopefully it was just over love with those nutrients….take a look and let me know what you see please and thank you!!
D70864C5 0E60 4F04 B556 0D4DDF3D999D
491244DE 7FF9 4706 B08C 2322FF8EC3EC
0D068805 02D0 4E0D A158 05B71A3B24BE
E73BC198 F7CE 4230 930A 9E3266E76330

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Update guys:

I did end up doing a little exploring but didn’t find a borer (thank goodness!!).
It would seem whatever happened stopped progressing though the infected leaves are still Dying which I expected… hopefully it was just over love with those nutrients….take a look and let me know what you see please and thank you!!View attachment 1256782View attachment 1256783View attachment 1256785View attachment 1256784

Looking good now make sure you're fully watering in those big fabric pots! 🤠

K

Kopper1013

I haven’t been watering them cause my meter said or is saying that they’re WET but I’m havei g trouble believing that, tomorrow will be 7 days since last water and that seems really long but they are 25 gallon pots 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Afraid to over water the weight thing is hard cause they took 2-1/2 1.5cu.ft bags of soil so they’re already really heavy🤣

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I haven’t been watering them cause my meter said or is saying that they’re WET but I’m havei g trouble believing that, tomorrow will be 7 days since last water and that seems really long but they are 25 gallon pots 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Afraid to over water the weight thing is hard cause they took 2-1/2 1.5cu.ft bags of soil so they’re already really heavy🤣

Stick your fingers down into the dirt up to your knuckles, if you feel moisture, give it another day or two. If not, time to water. When you go to water those, make sure you saturate the entire pot, don't be shy, use PLENTY of water. They're fabric pots so you basically can't overwater anything in them, but you can water too frequently.

After you get them good and soaked they should be heavy as hell and probably won't be able to lift the pot very easily. Just keep checking every day and you'll eventually get the feel for when it's time to water again.
For the first week or two in those new pots, you shouldn't have to water very often at all, until it develops the roots a little better.

Just keep in mind most people get the "overwatering" term incorrect. Overwatering does not mean too much water at one time, it means too much water, too often. These plants NEED oxygen at their roots, so letting your soil dry out a little is necessary.

strider26554

strider26554

Those trsils on the stem are classic borer trademaks, we get them here in wV often if you cn locate the grub you can use a straight pin to iviscerate the lil bugger and see if the plant survives

strider26554

strider26554

With the rapid onset of symptoms snd the classic trails on the stem im sure it is borers, and you may not have to scrap the plant, but the lifecycle of these things are iffy, i know the borers emerge from th soil as little grubs , on cool mornings when there is dew on the plants they crawl up the stem until they find a stem that is tender enough to chew through,(the trails you see are the grub test feeding until they can penetrate the outer stem, once inside the chew their way up i believe although that's a point of speculation and exp on my part. some say they go down others say up, but either way , once ive located the hole he chewed his way into i will take a straight needle and start piercing the stem every few mm or so up the stem as far as you believe he might have had tim to travel( they can move quickly) you can usually tell when you hit paydirt but not always. the prevention..i have found to be to keep the plants indoors at night, and i use Vaseline around the base of the stem if im keeping them out alot, there are systemic poisons that kill them but i do all organic grows and i honor that pledge. there are budworms also that have similiar lifecycle , the difference being that the budworms are laid as eggs on the underside of the leaf by a small tan ordinary looking moth, and when the grub emerges he heads straight for your beloved colas to set up homesteading. this is what i know and have experienced with borers= usually the damage they do before you find them is catastrophic, and there is room for hope , i have found, eliminated and revived countless plants who have been afflicted with these things weed, squash, broccoli and all other types of garden vegetables.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Stick your fingers down into the dirt up to your knuckles, if you feel moisture, give it another day or two. If not, time to water. When you go to water those, make sure you saturate the entire pot, don't be shy, use PLENTY of water. They're fabric pots so you basically can't overwater anything in them, but you can water too frequently.

After you get them good and soaked they should be heavy as hell and probably won't be able to lift the pot very easily. Just keep checking every day and you'll eventually get the feel for when it's time to water again.
For the first week or two in those new pots, you shouldn't have to water very often at all, until it develops the roots a little better.

Just keep in mind most people get the "overwatering" term incorrect. Overwatering does not mean too much water at one time, it means too much water, too often. These plants NEED oxygen at their roots, so letting your soil dry out a little is necessary.
That is literally text book bro!
Really be going by the weight of the whole plant. Completely dry and soaked.
Think if they grew wildly. They dnt get rain/water regularly. This is "good" stress.
You should check out Jorge Cervantes grow bible

strider26554

strider26554

If you guys figure this one out be sure to post results, i have a couple of plants that are doing that weird thing on the center plant in the pics, without the trails or insect issues i think my problem was transistioning the plant to full sunlight to rapidly, it caused some weird thing s to happen, with the splotches inside the leaf structure and the just overall appearance of the plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With the rapid onset of symptoms snd the classic trails on the stem im sure it is borers, and you may not have to scrap the plant, but the lifecycle of these things are iffy, i know the borers emerge from th soil as little grubs , on cool mornings when there is dew on the plants they crawl up the stem until they find a stem that is tender enough to chew through,(the trails you see are the grub test feeding until they can penetrate the outer stem, once inside the chew their way up i believe although that's a point of speculation and exp on my part. some say they go down others say up, but either way , once ive located the hole he chewed his way into i will take a straight needle and start piercing the stem every few mm or so up the stem as far as you believe he might have had tim to travel( they can move quickly) you can usually tell when you hit paydirt but not always. the prevention..i have found to be to keep the plants indoors at night, and i use Vaseline around the base of the stem if im keeping them out alot, there are systemic poisons that kill them but i do all organic grows and i honor that pledge. there are budworms also that have similiar lifecycle , the difference being that the budworms are laid as eggs on the underside of the leaf by a small tan ordinary looking moth, and when the grub emerges he heads straight for your beloved colas to set up homesteading. this is what i know and have experienced with borers= usually the damage they do before you find them is catastrophic, and there is room for hope , i have found, eliminated and revived countless plants who have been afflicted with these things weed, squash, broccoli and all other types of garden vegetables.
Yup thats my opinion too.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ve come to the conclusion on my meter that dry means dry, moist means dry, and wet means moist. Remember you can poke holes in the bottom third of the pot and insert the meter horizontally to get a little idea of what’s going on at the bottom.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ve come to the conclusion on my meter that dry means dry, moist means dry, and wet means moist. Remember you can poke holes in the bottom third of the pot and insert the meter horizontally to get a little idea of what’s going on at the bottom.
Search, new simplified way to Water, and check it out.

K

Kopper1013

So these pictures suck very hard to get lighting I found to little humps or lumps I circled in the picture, I then took a dubing needle and poked below and up through both humps/lumps from bottom and from the side
F8EC95C8 1C19 4F70 BF28 1F028EBBE28A
720EB6BD 831D 4B0E 9090 2080173F91B6
thoughts?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Notice ita dry near the edges? Cause thats where the most o2 eish area is and where the roots will grow. Dont do this but i bet you the root mass in the middle is far less than the edges as you can see it get more saturated the further i you go

Latest posts

Top Bottom