I accidentally germinated two seeds in a single rapid rooter. How do I separate these girls?

• Thread starter optical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
optical

optical

Hi lads, I must’ve been high or whatever because I accidentally sprouted two seeds in a single rapid rooter plug! They’re both fully hatched now and cotys are out, but they’re probably intertwined already and so delicate at this stage.

Is it best to grow them into veg or something?

Or When is the ideal time to do surgery on this thing?

Will the roots be separate able, or will they grow into eachother and get locked up?

New grower here

Thanks all!

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Hi lads, I must’ve been high or whatever because I accidentally sprouted two seeds in a single rapid rooter plug! They’re both fully hatched now and cotys are out, but they’re probably intertwined already and so delicate at this stage.

Is it best to grow them into veg or something?

Or When is the ideal time to do surgery on this thing?

Will the roots be separate able, or will they grow into eachother and get locked up?

New grower here

Thanks all!
Easier to separate roots while small but risky if not handled properly. I would try it now but that's just me, I push limits with them sometimes. Most people will probably say wait couple weeks. Give others day or two to reply here for rounded info

Kepp89

Kepp89

i agree ^ to do it early on, before more roots grow tangled. be sure to use a needle or similarly thin, lightweight tool. the needle point you can flatten so its not sharp asf but it'll still thin and useful. can use that to navigate the roots. then id put them back into their own root plug hehhe but cut it in half vertically so you can set the roots down onto the sliced plug (its on its side) then put the other half of the plug over top and tape it together. that way the roots sit somewhere instead of group up into a blob

pretty sure someone did this before and i forget what tape he used to keep the plug together. i imagine any tape will work, just use enough to tape the tape to itself and make it kinda tight

rayi

rayi

I would wait until one looks the best. I would then gently cut the worst one off. You will have one plant at least. If you try to separate and mess it up you have no plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom