I am at a loss

• Thread starter bigboo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigboo

This is my first attempt at an indoor grow. I am hoping someone can help me here. As you can see, the top of my plant looks healthy, but 2 spans on bottom have shriveled. Read after the first shriveled that it is probably calcium deficiency. Added calcium and second span shriveled. I don't have a sphisticated grow room or a lot of money to spend. This is my only plant.
I am at a loss
I am at a loss 2

2Bad

2Bad

Second look at it. The leaves are looking weird. Whats your temp and humidity? How do you tell if you need to water?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Temp is 72. Don't know humidity. I stick a ruler in the soil about 2 inches. When it comes out clean, I water
thats funny! stop sticking the ruller in the dirt. Simply lift the pot and if its not heavy than water. Get a feel on how heavy it is when you water and get a feel how light it is when the soil is dry.
aim for 82f with the temp and you need to know the humidity. High RH is flower can lead to rot
ps, your plant looks healthy. don't peak at it, the less you do the more she does. believe or not lol!

B

bigboo

Sorry it's been so long. I got a hygrometer. Humidity ranges from 50 to 60. Waiting on ir thermometer so I can get leaf temp. Ambient temp and humidity on VPD chart shows I am in a good range. There was another span on bottom that shriveled. I have also dealt with gnats. Using DE to combat. 2 applications and lots of dead bodies, but still some flying around. Should I use a pesticide or stay with DE. It is close to watering time and I will lose what I have until it dries out again. Also noticing several 3 point leaves. Read this could be a stress factor or she could grow out of it star developing 7 points. How can I tell which it is? Still some drooping leaves also. Should I be concerned?
20221101 001017
20221101 000945

E

elusiveshame

Gnats usually means there’s stagnant water / soggy soil.

With all you’ve described, it sounds like you’re watering too often. Leaves can wilt away from overwatering.

Drooping can happen from both overwatering and under watering.

The amount of fingers on leaves can be between 5 and 13 fingers, and is dependent on strain.

TSD

TSD

Can you describe your watering practices for us? How often, how much etc... is the plant raised off the ground so there's airflow? Does your space have airflow? Also, what's your light situation? Here's a write up @Aqua Man did on watering practices.

B

bigboo

Can you describe your watering practices for us? How often, how much etc... is the plant raised off the ground so there's airflow? Does your space have airflow? Also, what's your light situation? Here's a write up @Aqua Man did on watering practices.
I keep a pot of the same size with dry soil and compare weight between the 2 by lifting. I water until stops quickly absorbing into the soil. Pot has drip pan and sits on the floor with a fan blowing across it. My "tent" is home made by hanging a couple blankets so there is airflow. My light is a cheap one. Red and blue LED's that are good enough to light a single plant. Would love to get a spider but not in the budget.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry it's been so long. I got a hygrometer. Humidity ranges from 50 to 60. Waiting on ir thermometer so I can get leaf temp. Ambient temp and humidity on VPD chart shows I am in a good range. There was another span on bottom that shriveled. I have also dealt with gnats. Using DE to combat. 2 applications and lots of dead bodies, but still some flying around. Should I use a pesticide or stay with DE. It is close to watering time and I will lose what I have until it dries out again. Also noticing several 3 point leaves. Read this could be a stress factor or she could grow out of it star developing 7 points. How can I tell which it is? Still some drooping leaves also. Should I be concerned?View attachment 1298368View attachment 1298369
What is that on top of the soil?

Gorbo

Gorbo

Looks like it might just be weak lighting idk.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

B

bigboo

I think that’s a huge huge mound of diatomaceous earth.

@bigboo if that is DE, you def didn’t need that much, a little mixed into the top soil will be plenty. Get watering and humidity under control. Do you have a humidifier in your grow area to get these up?
No humidifier. And didn't get DE until plant was established. Didn't want to mix soil and possibly cause root damage.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Sorry it's been so long. I got a hygrometer. Humidity ranges from 50 to 60. Waiting on ir thermometer so I can get leaf temp. Ambient temp and humidity on VPD chart shows I am in a good range. There was another span on bottom that shriveled. I have also dealt with gnats. Using DE to combat. 2 applications and lots of dead bodies, but still some flying around. Should I use a pesticide or stay with DE. It is close to watering time and I will lose what I have until it dries out again. Also noticing several 3 point leaves. Read this could be a stress factor or she could grow out of it star developing 7 points. How can I tell which it is? Still some drooping leaves also. Should I be concerned?View attachment 1298368View attachment 1298369
That’s stuff is gonna get like concrete after you water a bunch and just make it even harder for you. I’d try and remove a lot of the DE

Latest posts

Top Bottom