I Am Brand New To Indoor Growing W/soil, Any Suggestions?

• Thread starter MMJ Madem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MMJ Madem

I am brand new to this and would love any knowledgeable growers thoughts or suggestions on how to start about six plants. Thank you!

:oops:

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Welcome to the farm.
Best advice I can give is> study study study grow journals that are in your prefered style. Keep it simple. Less is more. Be proactive about pests. Give plants love vibes. And be patient at the end. Oh and study.
Best of luck.
Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am brand new to this and would love any knowledgeable growers thoughts or suggestions on how to start about six plants. Thank you!

:oops:
OR! You could do what I did way back when and just jump in. I did it on my back deck, so your biggest issue will be lighting. I think a 400W HPS will be fine to start. Get some decent potting soil, better quality will be easier to work with, but is, of course, more expensive as well. I like Gardener & Bloom Blue Ribbon Premium Potting Soil for bagged soil.

You'll need to account for feeding, and pests as mentioned, and in that regard it's really better to be proactive than reactive, so you'll want some basics on hand. Neem oil, isopropyl alcohol, Monterey Garden Spray and Safers Caterpillar Spray would be a good start.

Then, depending on how you want to grow your cannabis, you'll need to address feeding, because the potting soil will *not* feed your cannabis ladies throughout their lives. In that regard there's a HUGE slew of choices and combinations--organic vs chemical salts, liquid vs dry, and so on. While we don't advise it, it can be grown using Miracle Grow. But we don't advise it.

O

oregonmellow

^^^^^ well put Seamaiden,keep it simple and fun and keep checking back with the farm,much luck to you MMJ!

Shamus

Shamus

OR! You could do what I did way back when and just jump in. I did it on my back deck, so your biggest issue will be lighting. I think a 400W HPS will be fine to start. Get some decent potting soil, better quality will be easier to work with, but is, of course, more expensive as well. I like Gardener & Bloom Blue Ribbon Premium Potting Soil for bagged soil.

You'll need to account for feeding, and pests as mentioned, and in that regard it's really better to be proactive than reactive, so you'll want some basics on hand. Neem oil, isopropyl alcohol, Monterey Garden Spray and Safers Caterpillar Spray would be a good start.

Then, depending on how you want to grow your cannabis, you'll need to address feeding, because the potting soil will *not* feed your cannabis ladies throughout their lives. In that regard there's a HUGE slew of choices and combinations--organic vs chemical salts, liquid vs dry, and so on. While we don't advise it, it can be grown using Miracle Grow. But we don't advise it.
^^^

what she said

except i would recommend a 600 watt HPS instead of a 400... while helping run a grow store all too often would folks come in and buy a 400w HPS set up because it wast the cheapest then be coming back in a few months later buying a 600w or a 1000w for just $100 more or so then the originally spent, and then the 400 just sits in a closet for ever. in a perfect world you would buy what we call a "dimmable digital 1000w ballast" as then you can just buy a 1K watt bulb, and choose to dim it down to 400, 600 or eventually 1K watts

just my 2 cents

good luck

O

oregonmellow

The initial outlay is worth it in the long run,ballast you can run hps and/or mh yes ^^^^good advice Shamus,Peace.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Buy the best quality gear you can afford.

Never stop learning!

The Terps

The Terps

Sometimes overlook the environment and getting caught on a good name bad strain can cause ppl issues. So my advice is yes be simple but try and get your temps and rh in the happy zone that's going to be one of the biggest factors in a grow. Next keep your best mom and work with that for a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom