I am dumb, help me decide if I should have 2 or 3 plants :D

• Thread starter josevi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
josevi

josevi

Hello guys,

Basically, I am doing 2 indoor grows. One is Veg and the other is Bloom (some old stuff). The thing is, my Bloom grow is somewhat small (about .64m² or about 6.88 feet²) and I have no other option but to use this space as my Bloom grow. On the Bloom grow, I was thinking about going with 6 plants; 3 of them would be around 4 weeks advanced into flowering, and that would mean I would have a harvest each 4-6 weeks (considering the flowering time to be around 8-10 weeks). My doubt is if it would be more beneficial (more yield more and have a better quality flower) if instead of having 3 plants each harvest (meaning 6 plants on the Bloom grow all the time) I had only 2 plants. This would open up some space for them to grow and make it possible for me to transplant them on 19L or even 25L pots.

I really don't know if this is necessary information, and I probably am missing something too, but here we go:

My Bloom grow is running with 2 MarsHydros ts600 and I am thinking of adding one more, or even a ts1000 actually.

I am using the GHE tripart nutrients + Atami Calmag + Mineralmagic GHE (silica) + Rippen and Florakeen also from GHE (Ripen helps with the late flowering and Florakeen helps with flush).

I know this is quite a subjective matter and opinions might, and probably will, diverge. But maybe someone has tried both options and maybe can shed some light, and even if you haven't, please give me your opinion and the reasoning behind it.

Thanks a lot!

Ponky

Ponky

Well. if you offset 3 plants by 3 weeks or so and you have them in flower you come down about once every 3 weeks and you have a small plant, a medium plant, and an almost finished plant.

josevi

josevi

Well. if you offset 3 plants by 3 weeks or so and you have them in flower you come down about once every 3 weeks and you have a small plant, a medium plant, and an almost finished plant.
Yeah, I could do that, but this would affect the number of strains I could have at the same moment. I would like to have the option to keep cloning one specifically plant that I really liked while experimenting with others.

josevi

josevi

You need 2 more tents.
For what you want to do, you need more room than you realize.
I have a room with a 1.2x1.2 and a 0.8x0.8. I don't see how I wouldn't be able to have e veg and bloom grow with that?

4 plants already seems like a lot in such a small footprint...
I know it is not ideal, but I already had 6 plants in this 0.8x0.8 grow and it went well overall. I intend to do main-lining, which will help a bit with space control.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you say plants like they are all the same...

you can put several smaller containers, then pick plants that have smaller footprints and still nice yield.

or, pick a great yielder, put one big pot and do the lst and all so you have the same yield from one or 4.

look at what you want to end with. use the stats on the strain. i didnt really look at your numbers, but most strains are rated in m2, so pick how much you need, find how many m2 you have and use the numbers to dictate the grow

i have a gorilla glue in a 7 gallon pot that is HUGE, if i had put it in a 3 gallon pot it would be a different story. same with topping and lst, you can make them grow like you need.

if you need x medicine a week, you have a 3 week gap planned, so x times 3 (x*3=3x) then figure the space and make it work for you. the use for the algebra you hated in 6th grade.

Last edited:
Buddernugz

Buddernugz

I’m in a 5.6 gal hard pot of pure coco,8 week veg from seed….in less than 2 weeks into flip and she has taken up 85-90% of my 5x5 tent…….you don’t need a million plants…with your space and with the lights your working with I’d go 1 plant….I pulled 6 zips off a plant that was harvested 3 weeks early due to bananas from my cats climbing my tent and causing light leaks and I had her under the ts-1000….I know I could Hit half a pound off that light with the right strain…… you are rocking to TS 600s…. That’s 200 W pulled from the wall every light on that TS series is a solid 2gpw light…. I’ve done it with a 1000 and the 2000 honestly for that size of a space I wouldn’t even bother with a third light even if you were to mess up you could easily hit half a pound of those two lights alone you really really really gota mess up big time to not hit that number…. So correct me if I’m wrong your bloom area is 2.5‘ x 2.5‘ which would equate to .625 squared…. So realistically you’re looking at about 2.5x2.5 Area if I’m understanding correctly if that’s correct I highly recommend sticking with one plant from seed five weeks tops maybe six weeks if they’re starting off slow I wouldn’t go over that that’s a very small space but with those two lights you could easily pull half a pound

Latest posts

Top Bottom