I am seeking help with cloning.

• Thread starter KoolBreeze4201
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KoolBreeze4201

KoolBreeze4201

So I have finally balanced light nutrients and I can even get my cuttings to root and this is when the problem begins for me. So I am using a combination of soil and hydroponics bins so I use Rockwool and Peat plugs. I water mother the day before I take cuttings I then take the cuttings removing the big fan leaves except for the top one on day 7 they show roots nice strong roots.
It doesn't matter what I do but if I remove the dome they die with 24 hours and I can't for the life of me understand why. So my questions are. What step am I missing? When can I remove the dome without killing the plant? So I just moved one into a hydroponics bin 2 days ago and put the dome on it the roots have already grown a fair bit since then but I also know if I remove the dome it will die. My hypothesis is it's not using its roots to drink yet which is why it dries up so can anyone tell me when you know it's safe to stop using the humidity dome or tell me what I'm doing wrong if anything?

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Are you opening the dome slightly after rooting to harden them to the environment before transplanting them?

After 4-5 days I begin opening the dome more daily to harden them off.

KoolBreeze4201

KoolBreeze4201

Are you opening the dome slightly after rooting to harden them to the environment before transplanting them?

After 4-5 days I begin opening the dome more daily to harden them off.
Yes, I open the dome airholes all the way on I think day 4 they root on day 7 and 8 pretty strong roots but as soon as I move them they simply dry out and die even though I spray them 2 times a day. Once in the hydroponics bin the root grow like mad after 4 days the root system looks great but the plant begins to die from the centre outwards. I don't know how to get them out of the mini greenhouse safely. I've tried several times now and it's always the same some die within 24 hours others die by day 7 I have not been able to get one clone to grow outside the greenhouse and I can't figure out why or what else to try.

dire wolf

dire wolf

So I have finally balanced light nutrients and I can even get my cuttings to root and this is when the problem begins for me. So I am using a combination of soil and hydroponics bins so I use Rockwool and Peat plugs. I water mother the day before I take cuttings I then take the cuttings removing the big fan leaves except for the top one on day 7 they show roots nice strong roots.
It doesn't matter what I do but if I remove the dome they die with 24 hours and I can't for the life of me understand why. So my questions are. What step am I missing? When can I remove the dome without killing the plant? So I just moved one into a hydroponics bin 2 days ago and put the dome on it the roots have already grown a fair bit since then but I also know if I remove the dome it will die. My hypothesis is it's not using its roots to drink yet which is why it dries up so can anyone tell me when you know it's safe to stop using the humidity dome or tell me what I'm doing wrong if anything?
Hey kool , the only thing I can imagine that your doing wrong is not gradually taking the dome off , it's got to be played with for days , like on day 2 take it off for twenty min , day 3 twice a day for an hour , day five 3 times a day for an hour etc ...
I sometimes play the dome game for 8 days till the clones are tempered to the less humid outside air , you also need to follow the plugs with bits of water from a mister carefully not under or overwatering them , patience and a lot of it is your friend , you can't just leave them domed then take it off , it needs to be gradual over a week or more

Top Bottom