I am thankful VA finally saw the light

• Thread starter SkylineKeith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Thank you for admitting me to your forum, I have been reading for the last several days SO much helpful suggestions and I hope that I may ask a few questions along the way.

My current set-up is an Agromax 4x4 tent which I am replacing with the AC Infinity 4x4 tent. I am running a hortilux 400w blue mh bulb which is about to be replaced with the Spider Farmer 4000. I am about 5 weeks into the grow (veg) using Peach Maraschino (lovin' in her eyes) seeds. They are in 5 gal bags of FF Ocean Forest using FF nutes.

1. Do you think the ladies will be ok to switch to the SF4000 light?

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am still intimidated by the low stress and flower nutes aspects of this very peaceful pastime.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Oh shit, this is supposed to be low stress? 😉

If you plan to stick around for any length of time I would recommend starting a grow diary in the aptly named "Grow Diary" section of the forum. Great way to keep all your info consolidated.

Are you a new grower or just coming out of the closet?

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

low stress on the plants, not me. I freak when I over feed and burn the tips. lol I don't know how to use a trellis to stress the plants.

Let's just say that back in the day, I had a phototron as my training wheels lol

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
How about organic? I've found it to be extremely low stress. I'm working on my very first grow though, whereas it sounds like you are a person of experience 👍

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Organic is one of the simplest methods of growing, but it still has it's share of stress. Minimal, but there.
We grow organic only at this point.
Yeah, I'm following your grow. Looking forward to seeing what you two end up doing.

What sold me on organic was seeing the pics of plants that were fine one day and totally fucked the next. I do that to myself enough. I do not need that in this aspect of my life.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, I'm following your grow. Looking forward to seeing what you two end up doing.

What sold me on organic was seeing the pics of plants that were fine one day and totally fucked the next. I do that to myself enough. I do not need that in this aspect of my life.
Organic is slower than hydro, so its easier to control and manage. In hydro everything can go bad all at once.
@BionicKroniK has a couple of Pakabonsalolo's growing (Paka-lolo + Bonsai) so it's a bit strange having a tent of tall Sativas and a couple of midget monsters.

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Just to clarify because I believe we were talking past each other, FF Ocean forest is organic soil. So yes I am growing in organic soil. Also, I could use some help with pruning and net restraint? My nodes are out of control and I need to defoliate a little

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

While I'm thinking about it, I received the spider farmer 4000 today and put it in my new AC Infinity tent. By the time I had completed the work, the timer was scheduled to go off shortly so I zipped up the new tent and called it good.

Funny thing I also happened to purchase a Vivosun 4000 which I tryed to cancel and ultimately, I received it. So I have both lights for comparison. Out of the box the vivosun impresses me the most. Simple, Sleak and adjustable. However the SF4000 which I hung but have since changed my mind, had an adjustment but you couldn't tell with the eye. The Vivosun on the other hand was so bright and obviously adjustable.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Ahh, sorry, I read back and was clearly misunderstanding. I may or may not have been high when I was replying 🥴

Care to post some pics to give us a better idea of what you're working with? That's pretty cool that you have both lights on hand to compare the difference. Do you have any light meters you're working with or are you just eyeballing it.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Those are some happy and healthy looking plants. Great job, man. Nice looking setup too.

So it looks like you haven't topped or done any LST, correct? And you're wanting to learn more about defoliation and setting up a net to do some scrog training?

SativaBob

SativaBob

Nice looking plants! Those are going to get big once you flip. I didn't top or do much with my first grow either. I just let them grow... Kind of wanted to get a baseline for how they grow on their own before i start messing with them.

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Those are some happy and healthy looking plants. Great job, man. Nice looking setup too.

So it looks like you haven't topped or done any LST, correct? And you're wanting to learn more about defoliation and setting up a net to do some scrog training?
I'm about ready to flip to 12/12. I will lightly defoliate this grow and learn to scrog on the next I think.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I haven't seen too many people top right before their flip. Usually I see folks waiting a bit to let the plants recover from that relatively stressful process.

I'm a beginner though, so even though this seems like a red flag to me take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom