I Am Thinking Of Getting A Tent And 300 Watt Led

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Hi

I have a grow box but I wouldn't min growing 3 decent are plants or a pair of nice sized plants

I have a cold storage room in my basement an an wouldn't mind a tent with a smell filter that works.

3 x 3

4x4

Both 6 feet tall with the 300 watt led

Would have work ok?

What can you put in 3x3 an what fits in 4x4

I might sell my cabinet to get th the next grow. :). T minus 6 week to my first auto harvest. Puny but powerful I'm hoping :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

Led panels fit great in 3x3 or 4x4, less heat to deal with. many different models to chose from.
One thing to think of is, how light situation is in your cold storage room?
That will depend on the quality of tent you could use.
A cheaper tent will prolly have more pin holes from the seams than an more expensive one.
If you cold storage room is dark then you can get away with a cheaper one...as to having a room that has many different lights that can leak into your tent. I got a cheap 2in one tent off ebay for around $100 3'x4'x6'. using a mars 300 watt led in 3x3. and it could handle more.
it has a 3x3x6 and a 3x1x6... works great.

gwheels

gwheels

This is the spot i will put it. I am moving the freezer into the garage so no one will come down to this room. I will also put a lock on the door to be sure. The hole where the freezer is is 4 feet wide. I could put a 4 x 4 anywhere in here and no one will turn on the lights. I will make sure to screen the ventilation holes to prevent critters and bugs.

The room is about 18 feet on one wall and 12 feet on the other (like a triangle shape)

If the light is off you cant see a damned thing in here. And that is finally useful for something :D

For now I have about 20 seeds for bigger autoflowers and about 25 of autoflowers that grow 2 feet tall and that is what i will be growing for a while. It is all so confusing though. I see a 4 x 2 1/2 x 7 foot gorilla tent and that looks pretty nice. or a 4 X 4 and i can grow 4 bigger ones. I am leaning to that and 300 to 600 watt and a carbon scrubber and i am ready to go.

IMG 20160923 135416
IMG 20160923 135336
Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

Led panels fit great in 3x3 or 4x4, less heat to deal with. many different models to chose from.
One thing to think of is, how light situation is in your cold storage room?
That will depend on the quality of tent you could use.
A cheaper tent will prolly have more pin holes from the seams than an more expensive one.
If you cold storage room is dark then you can get away with a cheaper one...as to having a room that has many different lights that can leak into your tent. I got a cheap 2in one tent off ebay for around $100 3'x4'x6'. using a mars 300 watt led in 3x3. and it could handle more.
it has a 3x3x6 and a 3x1x6... works great.

How many plants can you grow in that 3 x 4 x 6 with the 300 watt mars led. I was thinking of one of those or the new reflector series in a 300. Can you maintain a 6 to 8 oz harvest with that or do i need to go bigger?

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

i suggest you re think your strategy ,, for one your going to be in a cool place , 300 watts is just not going to cut it secondly i would look maybe two 300 watt lights ???? ir just bump it up to mars 800 watt its always better to have more heat then not enough.
You can use the heat to your advantage then :)

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Do you have any carpentry skills ?? this is what i would do i would go out and purchase some 2x4;s 5 eight footers and make a base then frame it in, next step would be havac plump havac in heat rises so plump on top gin rafters comeing out the top facing down this is where you will put your scrubber outside the box in rafter
on wall side on lower end of your box plumb in your fresh air one that is all done insulate the corner concrete walls an put poly up same thing applies ceiling taping around the exhaust vent with tape
Now either dry wall it or just get mylar and a zipper that will be your entrance

gwheels

gwheels

Thanks. I think I could build it better I can take up that whole spot and make a veg spot too. I will draw up a plan and you can maybe help m out if it is stupid. I can vent a heat duct into the room to stop it being too cold. It will be my winter project. :)

gwheels

gwheels

And I will go to the mars reflector 900. it is a 400 watt reflective light. I have the 100 watt version and it works good.

gwheels

gwheels

And now i see in my mind a framed in grow room with a side veg room. The grow room will not be huge but it will have a light proof actual door and mylar interior. I kind of get what you mean. The heat from the light will help keep things reasonable in the winter while i grow autos and i will grow photo period when things warm up.

and i can get a 600 watt mars for a good price or 2 x 300 or i might spend a bit more and get two x 192 reflector series

I find all of this pretty damned exciting.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Funny I was just going to mention that putting a 4x4 tent into that spot will be a problem. it will need room on sides for the vents and what not.
building your own prolly best bet.
Insulate the floor, you will have some series chill coming off that cement in winter. and autos in winter good idea if your doing 24 hr lights on, you gotta have some down time, so a little heat vent will be perfect.
Fresh air is going to be a priority down there. once you get some ladies going on in flower, they will use up co2 quickly.
And maintaining RH in flower...

Bannacis

Bannacis

A 300 watt mars hydro is about 150 true watts, and not even near the best. go larger if you can afford it.
Some brands the leds have a narrow spread and some have the lenses on them to increase the spread, do your research.
don't crack any beans till you get your room all finished, I like using high wattage lights in veg,
big in BIG OUT...
Mine is mainly for vegging to get plants ready for outdoor.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Check out pacificlightingconcepts. There cxp420 is designed for a 3x3 area.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Nice lights, they look good quality , but wow...$625 for a 250.....nyaaaa

gwheels

gwheels

For the charcoal scrubber filter should it be a 4 inch or 6 inch. The final dimensions will probably be in the 4 x 4 by 6 feet or maybe 5 x 5 x 7 feet tall. It will depend on how much i insulate the top and bottom of the grow room i build. But at those dimensions should i go with a 4 or 6 inch charcoal scrubber thing ? The 4 inch is about 200 bucks and the 6 inch is about 370.00 for the basic things (filter fan and . That and 2 X 600 watt mars LED lights and i think about 2o0 bucks in construction materials and i will be growing some bigger plants by christmas. :D More exciting than a birthday i tell ya.

6 inch and 4 inch come with this stuff.
  • IPower 6-Inch Air Carbon Filter
  • IPower 6-Inch INLINE DUCT FAN blower 430 CFM
  • 25-Feet Uninsulated Aluminum Ducting
  • Odor control for better privacy
  • Removes heat from the system

Top Bottom