I am top dressing the organic granular nutrients

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I'm concerned that I may overfeed my plant. How do I go about doing this so that I don't sabotage what I got going on? Is it possible to overfeed them, even if the pellets are organic?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah of course. Do you have directions to follow? How big is your plant? pot size too? If the plant is small i would scratch half a handful around the drip line or follow directions if you have them.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Yeah of course. Do you have directions to follow? How big is your plant? pot size too? If the plant is small i would scratch half a handful around the drip line or follow directions if you have them.
5 gallon pots, plant has been veging for well over a month, almost two. I've never grown before so I do't know if my plants are big or not. The directions say once applied, it feeds for up to six weeks. That's 42 days, does that mean I can water it 42 times or does that mean six weeks entirely, regardless of how many times I watered?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Let the plant tell you when to feed again. Cannabis takes more than some crops. I would use a handful and scratch it in all around the pot. I would assume you may want to feed again in a month but depends what kind of soil you are starting with. Does the soil have nutrients too?

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Let the plant tell you when to feed again. Cannabis takes more than some crops. I would use a handful and scratch it in all around the pot. I would assume you may want to feed again in a month but depends what kind of soil you are starting with. Does the soil have nutrients too?
For 5gallon pots, I'm supposed to use 4 1/2 tbsps./pot. The soil have absolutely no nutrients in it. Which is why I amend it with granular nutrient. It seems to be working fine though. I do not want to chance my plant cannibalizing itself because of a lack of nutrients, but I suppose that is easier to correct than having too many nutrients in the pot, so I will hold off adding more for now.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Great. You are fine I think. If its not super green like dark green....its probably not overfed. You may want to look into gypsum though. Calcium is a major need with cannabis and if I read your comments right and assumed correctly you aren't using calmag or anything. Gypsum is better imo either way. If it is peat based you probably have enough mag. but minerals will start to pop up now if you are lacking. Pictures would be good to help if you need. Maybe start a diary here?

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Great. You are fine I think. If its not super green like dark green....its probably not overfed. You may want to look into gypsum though. Calcium is a major need with cannabis and if I read your comments right and assumed correctly you aren't using calmag or anything. Gypsum is better imo either way. If it is peat based you probably have enough mag. but minerals will start to pop up now if you are lacking. Pictures would be good to help if you need. Maybe start a diary here?
It was super green, but I did heavily overfeed the nitrogen when the plant was still a seedling..

Not using calmag, I did notice what appeared to be a mag/sulphur deficiency so I went into my closet and pulled out a container of epsom salts and watered in 1 tbsp. per each pot with roughly a gallon of water. Plants seem to revigorate. I was keeping my old egg shells to be used for additional calcium, but they got thrown out lol.

About the diary. I kind of don't want to start one now, seeing how as I'm almost at the point where I flip to flower. Maybe next grow? Is it proper to start a grow diary when you're almost halfway through your grow? a lot of people asked me for this and I'm just not sure.

Homesteader

Homesteader

You can just make it about you and your garden. Its your thread or not. Some people like to share others don't. No big deal either way. Just be aware of calcium. If you can get some gypsum or old sheetrock, that is your best bet. People on here are probably against sheetrock but I aint

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

You can just make it about you and your garden. Its your thread or not. Some people like to share others don't. No big deal either way. Just be aware of calcium. If you can get some gypsum or old sheetrock, that is your best bet. People on here are probably against sheetrock but I aint
Okay, I'll do it later. I got to recompile a list of all the photos I've taken (hopefully they're still there).

Top Bottom