I bought a tent. It’s empty. Now what?

• Thread starter Cabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Subject01034

Subject01034

Should I put a plant in there? Yes! I know that’s what you’re thinking. But I need more stuff right. I’ve heard about all the basics. Lights, Humidifier, dehumidifier, skunk filter, pictures of other successful plants, Rocky’s “eye of the tiger” on a loop. But I live in Southern California and my house has central air, But right now I’m slightly poor. mainly because I live in Southern California and I have central air. So. Here it is: Do I need a humidifier or dehumidifier in my tent? Please explain.
First you need a humidity meter to determine the answer. I use Inkbird.
Should I put a plant in there? Yes! I know that’s what you’re thinking. But I need more stuff right. I’ve heard about all the basics. Lights, Humidifier, dehumidifier, skunk filter, pictures of other successful plants, Rocky’s “eye of the tiger” on a loop. But I live in Southern California and my house has central air, But right now I’m slightly poor. mainly because I live in Southern California and I have central air. So. Here it is: Do I need a humidifier or dehumidifier in my tent? Please explain.
I use an Inkbird humidity meter and another Inkbird for my temperature. They're great. Cheap and reliable. Measures the humidity of the environment and switches between the humidifier and dehumidifier as needed. Once you have the meter and sample your environment for humidity levels you will know if you need a humidifier or dehumidifier. You won't need both. Inkbird. Ok I want my free Inkbird now.

Cabi

Cabi

Hey cabi , yes , let's put our initial introduction aside and hopefully I can help in your grow journey
Somehow I get the vibe that you like to do things the intelligent way , as it seems like you've been
Researching and asking questions with the same joy and passion that we all have for the plant , it's exciting to see a new grower set up and experience their first grow , and for that person to share the journey is an honor to all of us who are passionate about growing

I think , as I have 30 years grow experience under my belt , I think that " regular " seed grows are the absolute best for beginners , for that matter , it's all I grow even after 30 years , this way you will not take shortcuts , short cuts meaning , let's say auto flower , they " automatically " flower whether you do your job or not , or " feminized" seed , which is something that is kind of unnatural , a trick made for marketing and convenient growing ......

Regular seeds are a bit more work , but the strength you gain in learning is invaluable as a beginning grower , you learn to identify the sex of your plants , you learn how to control light cycles to produce bud , you learn how to collect pollen and make your own seeds if you want , no more paying for seeds .....ever , so eventually you can even get to that level , you can easily find 3 or 4 females in your seed package , you will learn how to observe and identity " pheno types"
You will learn a lot

Buying "femminized" seed will guarantee you a female that was created by a particular breeder , but understand this doesn't make it better than a regular seed ......
Damn man. Put me to shame. That’s quite the letter. I Am honored.

Cabi

Cabi

I use an Inkbird humidity meter and another Inkbird for my temperature. They're great. Cheap and reliable. Measures the humidity of the environment and switches between the humidifier and dehumidifier as needed. Once you have the meter and sample your environment for humidity levels you will know if you need a humidifier or dehumidifier. You won't need both. Inkbird. Ok I want my free Inkbird now.
Love that man. Great info

Cabi

Cabi

. Is it this one?

40D1B68B 2A72 4067 8397 F42E796A0B23
Subject01034

Subject01034

These are what I use. One for temperature and the other for humidity. Both by Inkbird.
With these you can plug your humidifier/heater in and it's simple, plug and play. You set the desired humidity/temperature in the Inkbird and it switches the humidity or heating on as needed. Saves time and money. You can set it and leave it, rather then worrying for the day when you have to leave the house.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With these you can plug your humidifier/heater in and it's simple, plug and play. You set the desired humidity/temperature in the Inkbird and it switches the humidity or heating on as needed. Saves time and money. You can set it and leave it, rather then worrying for the day when you have to leave the house.
Exactly what I use also.

Subject01034

Subject01034

Exactly what I use also.
I did have issues setting up however! With Inkbird they switch your humidifier/heater on and off as needed... So when purchasing a humidifier or heater, keep a look out for automatic off. You want something that comes on and off when you simply pull the plug in and out off the wall.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did have issues setting up however! With Inkbird they switch your humidifier/heater on and off as needed... So when purchasing a humidifier or heater, keep a look out for automatic off. You want something that comes on and off when you simply pull the plug in and out off the wall.
Yes they need to be manual or have autorestart function. Found them very easy to program

Cubbies69

Cubbies69

Nope T4

I have 2 6 inch cloudlines both speed control set a little off from each other speed wise. Maybe a little over kill but better to have and not need then to need and not have, just what works for me

Cubbies69

Cubbies69

Wow man. Take some pics and let me know how things are progressing. We Newbies got to stick together. Good luck brother
I started this wonderful endeavor in March I'm going to try and set up a grow journal so people can see. I'm Not very phone savvy. This just touches the surface if you like gardening already your going to love this level. I cant stop planting 🤪 going to stop seeds and start cloning . Buckle up it snowballs fast. Adapt fast, problem solve ask never stop growing it gets easier I forget about em some days
20200626 191546
20200630 115731
20200630 105756
20200630 151912
20200313 172908
20200613 184329
20200429 132726
20200620 125514

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I started this wonderful endeavor in March I'm going to try and set up a grow journal so people can see. I'm Not very phone savvy. This just touches the surface if you like gardening already your going to love this level. I cant stop planting 🤪 going to stop seeds and start cloning . Buckle up it snowballs fast. Adapt fast, problem solve ask never stop growing it gets easier I forget about em some days View attachment 994879View attachment 994878View attachment 994887View attachment 994888View attachment 994875View attachment 994876View attachment 994877View attachment 994885
It has begun... And they say cannabis is not addictive. I don't think they took into account growing it. 👍 Looking forward to the journal.

Cabi

Cabi

I started this wonderful endeavor in March I'm going to try and set up a grow journal so people can see. I'm Not very phone savvy. This just touches the surface if you like gardening already your going to love this level. I cant stop planting 🤪 going to stop seeds and start cloning . Buckle up it snowballs fast. Adapt fast, problem solve ask never stop growing it gets easier I forget about em some days View attachment 994879View attachment 994878View attachment 994887View attachment 994888View attachment 994875View attachment 994876View attachment 994877View attachment 994885
Man. Can’t wait to get there. Good job
Man. I want to get there so bad. Good job

Cubbies69

Cubbies69

It's a pretty plant smell great taste great, is good for you, therapeutic could go on and on.
Plant as many seeds as you can everybody. I try and plant when I find soil or empty pots 🤣😂🤣😂

Cubbies69

Cubbies69

20200715 155341

Top Bottom