I broke my autoflower...

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Well, this is a first for me. Which is easy because this is my second grow. I have four autos and my two biggest autos at 3 feet tall each have snapped. I don’t know when it happened. Probably while training the branches down and maybe the weight was too much.

But they seem to be healthy? I’m not sure what to expect. I covered one in some of the coco and left the other one exposed.

I broke my autoflower
I broke my autoflower 2
Naturalx

Naturalx

Prop it back in place support it with a piece of bamboo then rap the injured branch with blue painters tape give it 1-1.5 weeks then unwrap she’ll be good as new.
My only issue is if I do this, it will cram a good majority of my bud sites into the other ones that are trained. So I'm worried that by doing so I will block a lot of light hitting my bud sites. But I guess it's better then the plant dying.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Plant won't die if you remove it but I would still cover it with tape until it heals
I'm wondering if it will make it if I just... leave it. I mean this could have happened last week for all I know. I'm not entirely sure. And it seems to be thriving? But that could just be a ticking time bomb. Taping it together completely blocks bud sites on top of bud sites. I guess i'll have to make a decision lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's fresh. Prop it up tape it then push a dowl into the soil and tie it further up. Then carefully move and tie the branch so the stress is not at a joint. Should be able to get ya some wiggle room

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's amazing how much abuse these can take and still snapback in good shape! I keep tree pruning tar around for problems like this... it helps to hold things together and seals up the injury, keeping bugs and infections out.

Naturalx

Naturalx

It’s funny because while fixing them my car came in and broke a branch.

Two hours later I went to send they were still alive and low and behold they look... okay? They don’t look stressed. But the one my cat broke or I made worse by trying to fix became a limp noodle. It’s insane how quickly it just drooped into nothing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s funny because while fixing them my car came in and broke a branch.

Two hours later I went to send they were still alive and low and behold they look... okay? They don’t look stressed. But the one my cat broke or I made worse by trying to fix became a limp noodle. It’s insane how quickly it just drooped into nothing.
That's normal at first... Give it some time.

Naturalx

Naturalx

That's normal at first... Give it some time.
Oh really? I almost just cut that branch off to not waste energy on it I thought for sure it was a goner.

Plants are... insane.

Though it seems this kind of stress pushes my two auto flowers into bigger growth which is the opposite of what I’ve been told. It’s odd because they are 3 times larger then my other two that do not have any i this sort of stress.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
IF the branch doesn't look better within a few hours, or appears to be getting quickly worse, the branch is dead and gone for the most part. This can often be removed from the plant, trim the broken end so it looks cleanly cut. If it is during vegging, I usually just stick the cut end abut 4 inches into dirt/growing medium and watering it well for a few days...it will usually grow new roots and you have a new, rather large, clone. If it is during flowering, your chances aren't as good. You can also stick the cut end into a 2 liter bottle or a glass and put a few inches of water in it, like you do for cut flowers. It might sprout new roots and provide a clone. Once flowering, plants are much more difficult to clone or root, but not impossible. Good luck in recovery!

Top Bottom