I Came up with Fabric Pot Stand

• Thread starter Rickcin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer88

Farmer88

Great idea. Unsolicited note, make the holes bigger and add holes to the vertical edges for more air flow underneath. I use anywhere between .75in to 1.25in paddle bit to make the holes then pepper in the small holes with your regular drill bits. Thats how I've made a poor mans airpot in the past and had fantastic results in root development. I'm also going to steal this idea so thank you because stands made from old cage traps are starting to deteriorate.

Rickcin

Rickcin

Great idea. Unsolicited note, make the holes bigger and add holes to the vertical edges for more air flow underneath. I use anywhere between .75in to 1.25in paddle bit to make the holes then pepper in the small holes with your regular drill bits. Thats how I've made a poor mans airpot in the past and had fantastic results in root development. I'm also going to steal this idea so thank you because stands made from old cage traps are starting to deteriorate.
Thank you for your comments and I will take your advice and add a bunch of enlarged holes for air & water flow!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you for your comments and I will take your advice and add a bunch of enlarged holes for air & water flow!
Try burning your holes in the plastic...much quicker,cleaner holes. Torch vice grips & I use nails or bolt heads for larger holes. get it red hot and pop all the holes you need. I found drills wander on the plastic and I've cracked a few trying to drill with larger bits.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
use golf balls this will allow you to spin the bags around.. and airflow underneath.,
35F0E070 AA77 4EDC 90AE 4CB36DDC1432

i’ll have these plants in 10 gallon bags soon for the saucers with golf balls, needs to fit perfectly and works like a charm, haven’t found anything better yet..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
use golf balls this will allow you to spin the bags around.. and airflow underneath.,
View attachment 1137635
i’ll have these plants in 10 gallon bags soon for the saucers with golf balls, needs to fit perfectly and works like a charm, haven’t found anything better yet..
My wife uses 2 plates and marbles for our spice rack, same idea...I'd have to go to the driving range though to get a bunch of stripped balls....You have hundreds of bucks worth of balls there. lol at $5 a piece new...cool idea.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My wife uses 2 plates and marbles for our spice rack, same idea...I'd have to go to the driving range though to get a bunch of stripped balls....You have hundreds of bucks worth of balls there. lol at $5 a piece new...cool idea.
i’m a golfer and to be honest i’ve never paid for a single golf ball, i look/find them keep the best for me and junkers for growing, ok ones for friends..

Farmer88

Farmer88

i’m a golfer and to be honest i’ve never paid for a single golf ball, i look/find them keep the best for me and junkers for growing, ok ones for friends..

Now I have questions. When was the last time you paid greens fees? Two boomers I know leave thier plants in one of my greenhouses so I can tend to them. They don't smoke at all maybe three times a year, they use all the flower to trade for greens fees🤣. I am an avid mini golfer myself.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Now I have questions. When was the last time you paid greens fees? Two boomers I know leave thier plants in one of my greenhouses so I can tend to them. They don't smoke at all maybe three times a year, they use all the flower to trade for greens fees🤣. I am an avid mini golfer myself.
hahaha well i haven’t paid for green fees the last 3 yrs because of a free membership before that for as long as i can remember i could play two courses in toronto when i lived there where i’d get to play for free a lot or play all day for a green fee, but any other courses we paid..
i loved playing mystic in Ancaster, ontario and also Hockley valley.. miss those courses..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hahaha well i haven’t paid for green fees the last 3 yrs because of a free membership before that for as long as i can remember i could play two courses in toronto when i lived there where i’d get to play for free a lot or play all day for a green fee, but any other courses we paid..
i loved playing mystic in Ancaster, ontario and also Hockley valley.. miss those courses..
i remember playing a couple rounds of golf with Dickie duff, though i didn’t know who he was, i’m smoking doobies etc, haha.
than a few days later i see this really old photo cut out of a newspaper on the wall of the clubhouse and i asked who’s that why is that there, they laughing and talking than say that’s dickie duff you were golfing with him a few times, haha.. i had to google him..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Got his name on the cup six times. Too bad you didn’t get him to sign your bag.
the guys at the course also told me that he hates to talk about hockey so i never brought it up, after i realized who he was i seen him there everyday, he golfed everyday and may still.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm with you there. I had the longest ball retriever I could get. I walked the edges and in hot spots where hooks or slices would end up. I grew up around golf, my Dad had a driving range when I was 9 - 20. I was pretty good off the Tee & I had a good judge of distance and club required but I never practiced the chipping and putting...on in 2... give me a 5 or 6 was common. I could have been a star lol
I had to give it up because of health issues but I still have my clubs and a few balls. Those health issues are now gone but I'd need a lot of practice to get into the groove again.. I'm now getting to were I can shoot my age....( on a par 3 lol)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom