I can’t control heat in my grow tent!!!

• Thread starter SecretSeshGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SecretSeshGrow

SecretSeshGrow

What’s going on everybody, first post here. I have a 1500w (not true spectrum) BloomGrow led light in my 48x24x60 grow tent with a 6in in-line for outtake and a 4in for intake. Growing in soil. Temps get to 81 on a regular day and up to 84 when I’m cooking in the kitchen. I want to get it lower in preparation for flower!

I cant control heat in my grow tent
I cant control heat in my grow tent 2
onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

Your temps are fine man. Plants grown under a light emitting diodes like to be in the temperatures in the low 80s your temperature is actually perfect. Just like those high pressure sodium lights they like to be in the low 70s. look it up on Google you'll see that plants grown under light emitting diodes light to be in the low 80s

SecretSeshGrow

SecretSeshGrow

Your temps are fine man. Plants grown under a light emitting diodes like to be in the temperatures in the low 80s your temperature is actually perfect. Just like those high pressure sodium lights they like to be in the low 70s. look it up on Google you'll see that plants grown under light emitting diodes light to be in the low 80s
Would 80 be good enough to flower and not cook some of my trichomes off?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I think 30c or 86f is the temp at which you start to lose cannabinoids and terpenes but that doesn't mean that the plants will grow to their potential as long as the temps are below that. 80f is not too bad but not too good either. If you can lower it 2-3 more it should be good.

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

I think 30c or 86f is the temp at which you start to lose cannabinoids and terpenes but that doesn't mean that the plants will grow to their potential as long as the temps are below that. 80f is not too bad but not too good either. If you can lower it 2-3 more it should be good.
I thought plants that grew under LEDs required a higher ambient air temp

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I thought plants that grew under LEDs required a higher ambient air temp
No, they require more heating to reach the same temperature as other types of lighting. Plants thrive in certain conditions, our goal is to give them those conditions.

SecretSeshGrow

SecretSeshGrow

Well that’s the problem I’m not sure how to lower it

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
First response was all you needed. LED is perfect at the temps. Don't let the rh go below 50 and you're golden 👍

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you are really concerned about losing the lighter terps, try the 24-48 hours of darkness before harvest that some growers use.

I never do this, but once the light died about when I wanted to harvest. The tent definitely had more varied scents in the air which I figure must be what the growers who use the pre-harvest dark period are after.

(Note: When I "figure" something, read that as just a wild, somewhat educated guess.)

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The reason why we go higher air temperature with LED is because they lack the IR of the sun to raise leaf temps. At 84° under LED's you will see leaf temps as low as 79° depending on the distance of the fixture. @Aqua Man really opened my eyes on this one 👍 once I stopped targeting 78-80 and went 80+ growth rates definitely increased.

SecretSeshGrow

SecretSeshGrow

The reason why we go higher air temperature with LED is because they lack the IR of the sun to raise leaf temps. At 84° under LED's you will see leaf temps as low as 79° depending on the distance of the fixture. @Aqua Man really opened my eyes on this one 👍 once I stopped targeting 78-80 and went 80+ growth rates definitely increased.
Great advice. Now I have to ask in theory that’s great for veg, would it work during flower without diminishing my yield?

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

Great advice. Now I have to ask in theory that’s great for veg, would it work during flower without diminishing my yield?
Get a high pressure sodium with an air cooled hood. Run humidity at 45 and temps 72-75

Pippins

Pippins

Temps are fine. The guys growing great bud in Panama, Lebanon, and Malawi aren't worried their terps are going to "bake off" even in 100+ degree weather, that's just internet trash knowledge that keeps getting passed around. Dankest weed I ever had is a tossup between some bud grown in Summer in Hawaii, and some bud grown in the Central Valley of CA when the temps were over 100 degrees for 40 days straight.

Top Bottom