I cannot get any clone to root

• Thread starter Gine2g
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

Nice! It looks like from your other pics you take larger cuttings and put them in the larger rockwool cubes as opposed to the like 1.5"'rs. Is that right?
Those are the 1.5” 2” rockwool. The clones are not tiny, but not what I consider large.

edit: Sorry buddaBudman, just looked and these are 2x2x1.5 cubes. So I guess they’re considered 2” cubes.

360F9A9A 1D09 4995 863E 2DD827FFEA11

You can see from these that I got my incandescence too close to the dome (as it was a little chilly back in April) and gave the taller ones a little too much heat.

Here's a couple of the same ones, first day in dirt, which shows the size better.
EF4CCA12 926D 4921 9380 94965D485226

Last edited:
buddhaBudman

buddhaBudman

Those are the 1.5” 2” rockwool. The clones are not tiny, but not what I consider large.
Ya actually I made my cuttings when I did about the same size as yours. Maybe a tad smaller. You basically want one node or maybe two on the clone. But you need some structure to hold it up in the medium so often it's probably two. I used 1.5 rockwool cubes when I did. You may want to consider switching to 1.5" rockwell plugs if it saves money. You clearly know more than me and have more experience, just an observation perhaps worth trying. You may see the same success. Less rockwool is better when potting up into soil also.

Looking at the OP's first pic, it's not that it's way too big, I may have been wrong there. I think it's more that it looks like established growth, like he topped the top of the plant and it's dark green. Your clones look more like new growth off the side of the plant. I think that's key. To reduce shock. You want the young limber stalk.

buddhaBudman

buddhaBudman

I always hear they have to be mist but not wet and then other say to let them soak for 10 minutes. But then they are defenitely wet and not just moist
Ya this is where it turns into an art and intuition and experience come into play.

Top Bottom