I cant find this bug in any search.

• Thread starter Clemons419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clemons419

Clemons419

I noticed this weird bug on my mother plant and need help identifying it! Harmful? The ants seem to have come with it as well. Any info would be great!!

I cant find this bug in any search
chemistry

chemistry

The White Fly are being protected by the Ants, because the White Fly produce a sticky sugary droplet from their rear ends, and the ants farm the fly's for this reason, and protect them from other predators.

Or Mealy Bug.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Didn’t look like mealy bug could be cottony cushion scale .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I looked up both those bugs too,I think i found it!!!!! Cottony Leafhopper, tho it doesn't give any specific info. Just the same info as the rest of the leafhopper types. Also doesn't say anything about ants, so still wanting more info lol
Yep cottony cousin scale and yes there assholes ants farm them as stated before.

chemistry

chemistry

I looked up both those bugs too,I think i found it!!!!! Cottony Leafhopper, tho it doesn't give any specific info. Just the same info as the rest of the leafhopper types. Also doesn't say anything about ants, so still wanting more info lol

Not seen one before, strange looking bug.

chemistry

chemistry

Small spray bottle with mild soapy (dish soap) water destroys the eggs and washes the adults from the plant.

Top Bottom