I cant for the life of me ,maintain decent humidity in my tent for seedling

• Thread starter Guiltydwight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

I've got a 4x4 tent with a bavagreen 480w light positioned at 36"away from seedlings at 50%intensity ,6" exhaust running on lowest setting and oscillating fan inside. I've a humidifier right outisde the tent at the fresh air port and I can't bring up the rh above 45 with lights on and around 47 when lights are off , I'm just looking for a few suggestions thank you

freezeland2

freezeland2

I've got a 4x4 tent with a bavagreen 480w light positioned at 36"away from seedlings at 50%intensity ,6" exhaust running on lowest setting and oscillating fan inside. I've a humidifier right outisde the tent at the fresh air port and I can't bring up the rh above 45 with lights on and around 47 when lights are off , I'm just looking for a few suggestions thank you
Try shutting the air register to the room the tent is in.

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

i bought a small humidifier and put it in the tent. is there some reason you're not suppose to do that?
I tried it in the tent but I don't know if it's doing anything it seems to dissipate the vapor to fast with the exhaust and oscillating fan . I tried it in a few different spots inside . Is my in-line fan running to much should my exhaust be on a timer ?

Blastfact

Blastfact

Put the humidifier in the tent and get a Inkbird controller to turn it off and on and get a exhaust fan setup that turns the fan on and off by temp with a high temp and humidity setting.

3 21 22 update

ACInk

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Put the humidifier in the tent and get a Inkbird controller to turn it off and on and get a exhaust fan setup that turns the fan on and off by temp with a high temp and humidity setting.

View attachment 1235509
View attachment 1235510
So the inkbird would be for humidifier and I would need what for my in-line fan it came with a speed controller . I'm just trying to learn to deal with bigger environment so my seedlings right now should I close the little fresh air port at the bottom of my tent and monitor that way thanks for help greatly appreciated

kyLman

kyLman

I don't think you need any exhaust function for seedlings / young veg. I grow in tents, in my basement and its routinely 20%RH down there. You can place warm/wet towels in your tent and blow a fan on them. That used to be my trick until I got a humidifier in the tent. Close the vent holes, youll get enough air exchange passively.

I also use inkbird controllers for heat. The humidifier I have has its own "control"

D

dean1963

I tried it in the tent but I don't know if it's doing anything it seems to dissipate the vapor to fast with the exhaust and oscillating fan . I tried it in a few different spots inside . Is my in-line fan running to much should my exhaust be on a timer ?
i use an AC Infinity fan with controller for heat and humidity. if you can afford it go that way, if not use a timer for your fan. maybe on for 15 minutes every hour or something like thaty

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

I don't think you need any exhaust function for seedlings / young veg. I grow in tents, in my basement and its routinely 20%RH down there. You can place warm/wet towels in your tent and blow a fan on them. That used to be my trick until I got a humidifier in the tent. Close the vent holes, youll get enough air exchange passively.

I also use inkbird controllers for heat. The humidifier I have has its own "control"
How long until your turn on your exhaust, my seedlings are showing 2nd set of leaves this morning with is the 7 th day autoflowers
20220413 105032
20220413 105029
20220413 105041
20220413 105036

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

i use an AC Infinity fan with controller for heat and humidity. if you can afford it go that way, if not use a timer for your fan. maybe on for 15 minutes every hour or something like thaty
Just got this new fan now so I'll have to go with a timer on it thank you anything you can recommend I'll be ordering an inkbird this afternoon so I'll look for that to appreciate your help

kyLman

kyLman

I honestly only run my exhaust fan when the tent gets too humid, during the veg cycle. I have enough fans to passively exchange air. Sure, in an ideal world I would run the exhaust 100% of the time to get that negative pressure, but's not critical.

I use the AC infinity on the flower tent, and that will work the fan's strength depending on current humidity/heat levels. I would say it has a 70% duty cycle though, so most of the time its doing something.

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

I honestly only run my exhaust fan when the tent gets too humid, during the veg cycle. I have enough fans to passively exchange air. Sure, in an ideal world I would run the exhaust 100% of the time to get that negative pressure, but's not critical.

I use the AC infinity on the flower tent, and that will work the fan's strength depending on current humidity/heat levels. I would say it has a 70% duty cycle though, so most of the time its doing something.
Everyday is learning they say thanks for sharing your experience

sambapati

sambapati

The plants are looking good, don't worry you're doing all the right things.

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

The plants are looking good, don't worry you're doing all the right things.
Thanks I tend to overtime stuff when u take on something new, I was getting better with my old setup but it was just too small but it was excellent for learning(stealthbox), anyways thanks for taking the time

strider26554

strider26554

Thats a small area to maintain, I use several cool mist humidifiers in my rooms and the rel h. stays a healthy 60-80 % in such a small area one of the misters i use might work on a lower setting. One thing that i have control over and you may not is WHERE in the house my grow rooms are, the seedlings and clones stay in the basement which is separately heated, meaning its not part of my homes hvac system, so i have more control. If you are fighting your homes hvac system there might be issues with humidity. but you can seal off the tent from the vents, or simply turn the thermostat down, that will limit the effect of your homes heating system to draw moisture out of the indoor air. also 6 inch exhaust fan for a 4 x 4 might be needed when the plants are reeking but if not totally necessary for odor control you might consider restricting the exhaust a bit, I cap of part of the inlet side, the end that is drawing air, with a small peice of heavy duty aluminum foil so the area is reduce to about 50% if i cant slow down the exhaust by any other means.

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Thats a small area to maintain, I use several cool mist humidifiers in my rooms and the rel h. stays a healthy 60-80 % in such a small area one of the misters i use might work on a lower setting. One thing that i have control over and you may not is WHERE in the house my grow rooms are, the seedlings and clones stay in the basement which is separately heated, meaning its not part of my homes hvac system, so i have more control. If you are fighting your homes hvac system there might be issues with humidity. but you can seal off the tent from the vents, or simply turn the thermostat down, that will limit the effect of your homes heating system to draw moisture out of the indoor air. also 6 inch exhaust fan for a 4 x 4 might be needed when the plants are reeking but if not totally necessary for odor control you might consider restricting the exhaust a bit, I cap of part of the inlet side, the end that is drawing air, with a small peice of heavy duty aluminum foil so the area is reduce to about 50% if i cant slow down the exhaust by any other means.
My tent is in an unoccupied bedroom in the basement with electrical baseboard heater, an an air exchanger that runs periodically, I have a dehumidifier which runs in the basement in summer when it's gets real humid. I have a 6" in-line fan with a filter in the tent with a speed controller and 1 humidifier with is warm mist running on a low setting , 1 6" oscillating fan aswell

Treborkiller

Treborkiller

Thanks I tend to overtime stuff when u take on something new, I was getting better with my old setup but it was just too small but it was excellent for learning(stealthbox), anyways thanks for taking the time
As a new indoor grower I tend to "overtime stuff" as well! Anyways, My father always put clear solo cups with some holes in them over his seedlings to lock in the humidity.. So I adopted that into my tent grow when I first started.. And from just observation and how the plants come out they seem to like it! I feel like im just replicating/simulating one of those germination box things.
Screenshot 20220214 191344

Top Bottom