I Cant identify my problem Please help

• Thread starter MrGreenfinga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I have this 5 weeks old Strawberry zkittlez auto and i cant figure out why it has yellow/brown spots on the lower leaves

The plant has also started to look quite droopy

I Water with 20% tap water n 80% RO
Last time i watered it i gave it 1 liter and
With 2ml biobizz fishmix
And 1,5ml Alg a mic
With an ec around 650
It dried out in about 4 days so

I chose to give it 500ml today
Containing 1ml fishmix 1ml alg a mic
And 0,5ml biobloom
With an ec around 850

And i always water with a ph of 6,2-6,3 as its recommended on the bottle

Please help before this gets worse
I cant identify my problem please help 2
I cant identify my problem please help

Gmix

Gmix

By the size you’ve been overwatering a lot.
It’s probably the root of the problem and is why they are droppy.

It’s flowering bud and I only see one small bud site your not going to get much at all maybe a joint or two.
Sry to say 😞 that.

All I can say is good luck next time and maybe try a photo period there much more forgiving and if you fess up you get time to resolve it before flowering

Autos aren’t really great for new growers one mistake and you pay for it.

Good luck going forward

Last edited:
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

By the size you’ve been overwatering a lot.

It’s flowering bud and I only see one small bud site your not going to get much at all maybe a joint or two.
Sry to say 😞 that
The reason i gave it a liter before was because it drank a half in one day when it was in week 4

Gmix

Gmix

It’s can be easy to think there dry when they are still wet/moist when first starting out. I dunno what else to say bud bar good luck in the future

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

It’s can be easy to think there dry when they are still wet/moist when first starting out. I dunno what else to say bud bar good luck in the future
How much Water do you think is appropriate for a plant this size then i have been trying everything out and its extremely frustrating i have had this idea that it wont expand its roots further out in the pot if i dont wet the soil

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello Mr Green.
Gmix is telling you the truth.
I see a few other little problems not related to watering but basically she looks like she is way to wet.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Hello Mr Green.
Gmix is telling you the truth.
I see a few other little problems not related to watering but basically she looks like she is way to wet.
I belive you but can you estimate how much is needs then it would be a big help in the future

Gmix

Gmix

Ok I’ll help were I can
I’m of to sleep after and others will fill in
it wasn’t that one off 1 litre you gave it it’s been overwatered for a long time.

Haha the guy himself who well might know how much just posted as am typing. As has another 👍🙂 as I don’t measure water.

Anyways you have it vise versa on the roots the roots need air to breathe if you get them to wet the roots drown and you end up with slow growth.
They like to dry out in between waterings.

Anyways am done night bud zzzz 🙂

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Ok I’ll help were I can
I’m of to sleep after and others will fill in
it wasn’t that one off 1 litre you gave it it’s been overwatered for a long time.

Haha the guy himself who well might know how much just posted as am typing. As has another 👍🙂 as I don’t measure water.

Anyways you have it vise versa on the roots the roots need air to breathe if you get them to wet the roots drown and you end up with slow growth.
They like to dry out in between waterings.

Anyways am done night bud zzzz 🙂
Thanks alot Mate sleep well😄

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Mr Green. As you recently fed your soil this plant may green up some over the next few days.
Don't right her off just yet. You must understand that she is now past the grow bigger stage in her life and has moved on to flowering stage. There is nothing anyone can do to change this. Just feed her for flowering rather than veg k. Try not to over water and let her finish up. Looking at your plant carefully, I would say that you have an over all nutrient deficiency. And a calcium deficiency becoming an issue. R/E the bottom leaves.

Please understand that this is not something that you did.
The organic soil you planted your seed in never produced enough food for this plant to thrive. Not from day 1.

Auto Flowers are hungry right out of the gate and require higher levels of Nitrogen than photo period plants. I see this problem with organic grows all the time. The answer to this problem is. Topping up a pot with a good basic soil mix. Sandy soil that drains well. Well finished Compost, Worm castings. Other good things for the microbial life to break down and produce large quantities of plant available nutrients for your plant. 2 or 3 weeks before planting the seed so your soil is just cooking. I can teach you how to make small weekly batches of microbes to charge your soil and keep populations very high in your pots. Then what to feed said microbe populations and ultimately feed the soil, so the soil can feed your plants if you like. It's not hard.

Water. R/O water and distilled water are both stripped of minerals the plants need. Lake, creek or rain water ran threw a coffee filter is a much better option if good city water is not available.

I find that auto flowers grown in small pots. Pots under 15 gallons do better with man made fertilizers. And it does not have to be $300.00 worth of nutrients from the grow store. A $15. bottle of 12-4-8 Miracle Gro will give your plants everything needed to thrive. And grow about 5 nice auto flowers for you.
Miracle Grow 12 4 8

For Flowering.
Monster Bloom

Flowering

I understand your disappointed right now but don't give up.
There are many options available to you and with a little help you will have a much better outcome with your next auto flower.

Last edited:
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Mr Green. As you recently fed your soil this plant may green up some over the next few days.
Don't right her off just yet. You must understand that she is now past the grow bigger stage in her life and has moved on to flowering stage. There is nothing anyone can do to change this. Just feed her for flowering rather than veg k. Try not to over water and let her finish up. Looking at your plant carefully, I would say that you have an over all nutrient deficiency. And a calcium deficiency becoming an issue. R/E the bottom leaves.

Please understand that this is not something that you did.
The organic soil you planted your seed in never produced enough food for this plant to thrive. Not from day 1.

Auto Flowers are hungry right out of the gate and require higher levels of Nitrogen than photo period plants. I see this problem with organic grows all the time. The answer to this problem is. Topping up a pot with a good basic soil mix. Sandy soil that drains well. Well finished Compost, Worm castings. Other good things for the microbial life to break down and produce large quantities of plant available nutrients for your plant. 2 or 3 weeks before planting the seed so your soil is just cooking. I can teach you how to make small weekly batches of microbes to charge your soil and keep populations very high in your pots. Then what to feed said microbe populations and ultimately feed the soil, so the soil can feed your plants if you like. It's not hard.

Water. R/O water and distilled water are both stripped of minerals the plants need. Lake, creek or rain water ran threw a coffee filter is a much better option if good city water is not available.

I find that auto flowers grown in small pots. Pots under 15 gallons do better with man made fertilizers. And it does not have to be $300.00 worth of nutrients from the grow store. A $15. bottle of 12-4-8 Miracle Gro will give your plants everything needed to thrive. And grow about 5 nice auto flowers for you.
View attachment 2083018
For Flowering.
View attachment 2083019
View attachment 2083020
I understand your disappointed right now but don't give up.
There are many options available to you and with a little help you will have a much better outcome with your next auto flower.
Dude thats so fucking helpful thank you so much but miracle grow is not availible in my country but youre that i just add that shit until its flowering and then keep the p and k levels up right bow i have maybe 5 or 6 different bottles of biobizz nutes and my brain i slightly tearing apart from all the complications and the wierd measurements gotta learn it the hard way though😂👍

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I know. Most of that stuff just blows my mind.
You can calculate any fertilizer. It's pretty easy to do. I just prefer 3-1-2 percentages.
3-1-2
6-2-4
9-3-6
12-4-8 are all the same 3-1-2 percentages.
Grab a pen and a calculator and start running numbers until you can do it.
Right down the formula for 5ml - 200 and 15ml - 68
It's not hard and you will get it pretty quick.
Calculate the first number (N) for 100 ppm for seedlings.
200ppm for mid size and 250ppm for larger plants.
Any way I'm off. Will check back.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I know. Most of that stuff just blows my mind.
You can calculate any fertilizer. It's pretty easy to do. I just prefer 3-1-2 percentages.
3-1-2
6-2-4
9-3-6
12-4-8 are all the same 3-1-2 percentages.
Grab a pen and a calculator and start running numbers until you can do it.
Right down the formula for 5ml - 200 and 15ml - 68
It's not hard and you will get it pretty quick.
Calculate the first number (N) for 100 ppm for seedlings.
200ppm for mid size and 250ppm for larger plants.
Any way I'm off. Will check back.
Okay i watched the video and i came the conclusion that i gave my autoflower almost 400ppm
The biobizz fishmix that i use have a 100ppm per ml the npk is 5-1-4
And the biobloom has 130 ppm 2-7-4
Should i just add 1ml fishmix and 0,5 bloom to try to save it for the next watering so it only has 60mg N 45mg P 60mg K keeping in mind its a autoflower and it isnt as hungry as a photoperiod

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I grow in Plagron Light mix if thats ehat youre asking
Yep, that's what I was asking. So, you're in a lightly-amended peat/perlite mix. My vote is for over-watering, and by that I mean watering too often, as opposed to giving too much water at once. When I see that kind of texture and thickness in your leaves, coupled with miniaturization and a low, bloopy shape, over-watering is the first thing I think about. I'd water slowly to 10% runoff, and dry back until the pots are very light in weight. For a plant that small in a pot that big, you could be looking at 10 days or longer to dry back.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

First you need to understand that the problem is your light mix.
You can dump all the organic nutrients in the pot you like. The problem is that light mix is peat moss and perlite.
There is no microbiology in peat moss or perlite to turn the juice you are adding to the pot into plant food.

With this medium you need to use a man made fertilizer rather than an organic based fertilizer that depends on microbial life in the pot to produce the plant food.

If you where to take a pot full of your Light mix.
Add Mix in well.
20 Grams pre gallon of Dolomite lime. A slow release Calcium and Magnesium
10 Grams per Gallon Gypsum a slow release Calcium and Sulfur. Prep the pot.
Drop a seed in it.
The seed will feed the seedling for 6 days after popping threw the ground.
Find a non organic 3-1-2 fertilizer. Calculate it for 100 ppm for 2 weeks.
Then calculate for 200 ppm until a week after you see flower buds forming and the plant stops stretching.
Any signs the the plant is not getting enough (N) calculate 250ppm.
You will be able to see the plant shifting from Veg into flowering.

Flowering

If you want to grow an organic plant, you must change your planting medium. And feed the soil not the plant.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Yep, that's what I was asking. So, you're in a lightly-amended peat/perlite mix. My vote is for over-watering, and by that I mean watering too often, as opposed to giving too much water at once. When I see that kind of texture and thickness in your leaves, coupled with miniaturization and a low, bloopy shape, over-watering is the first thing I think about. I'd water slowly to 10% runoff, and dry back until the pots are very light in weight. For a plant that small in a pot that big, you could be looking at 10 days or longer to dry back
I just watered it today with 500ml with water. And i have understood that transplanting autos can serverely reduce the final yield due to stress and recovery time so i planted it in a 12,5L airpot to ensure lots of oxygen to the roots and not getting a rootbound plant
Im also running 25 Degrees C in my tent with a humidity on 50% so the evaporation should be fine what do you think ?

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I just watered it today with 500ml with water. And i have understood that transplanting autos can serverely reduce the final yield due to stress and recovery time so i planted it in a 12,5L airpot to ensure lots of oxygen to the roots and not getting a rootbound plant
Im also running 25 Degrees C in my tent with a humidity on 50% so the evaporation should be fine what do you think ?
What's the volume of the pot? Durr...I just saw that it's 12L. My guess is that you're watering too frequently, because your watering volume is too low. I would expect a 12L pot to require 3-4 liters of water to reach full saturation.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

First you need to understand that the problem is your light mix.
You can dump all the organic nutrients in the pot you like. The problem is that light mix is peat moss and perlite.
There is no microbiology in peat moss or perlite to turn the juice you are adding to the pot into plant food.

With this medium you need to use a man made fertilizer rather than an organic based fertilizer that depends on microbial life in the pot to produce the plant food.

If you where to take a pot full of your Light mix.
Add Mix in well.
20 Grams pre gallon of Dolomite lime. A slow release Calcium and Magnesium
10 Grams per Gallon Gypsum a slow release Calcium and Sulfur. Prep the pot.
Drop a seed in it.
The seed will feed the seedling for 6 days after popping threw the ground.
Find a non organic 3-1-2 fertilizer. Calculate it for 100 ppm for 2 weeks.
Then calculate for 200 ppm until a week after you see flower buds forming and the plant stops stretching.
Any signs the the plant is not getting enough (N) calculate 250ppm.
You will be able to see the plant shifting from Veg into flowering.

View attachment 2083080
If you want to grow an organic plant, you must change your planting medium. And feed the soil not the plant.
Cant i just buy a bag of light lix and throw in some wormcasting wouldent that be fine?

Top Bottom