Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Kronocaine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vanilla Sky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

magick81

I've been browsing the Sannies seedshop all afternoon. I want to buy a pack of beans but I cannot make my mind up, lols

These are the beans I'm looking at:

Herijuana
Killing Fields - The purple pheno's look completely AWESOME
New Blue Diesel
Anaesthesia
Kronocaine
Vanilla Sky

I wish I could afford them all, but I can only afford one pack, maybe two.
So far Killing Fields is in the lead. I love the look, and I have many indica seeds, but i dont have any sativa's

What do you guys think? Which one should i get?

K

kolah

I am far from any expert but I like to spend quite a bit of time before making decisions on seed purchases. I take this stuff into account:

1 seed suppliers reputation
1a the breeders reputation
1b plant characteristics (tall, bushy, colored, etc)
2 what grow technique will be used (indoors, outdoors, hydro, soil, etc)
2a climate
3 Is it a strain I may enjoy
4 Is it a strain others may enjoy (aka sell-ability)
5 how easy or hard is it to grow
6 how resistant is it to bugs, mold and diseases.
7 What type of yeild
8 How strong is the scent while growing (for indoors this may be important)

...and most importantly I like to do a search and try and find out who has already grown the strain and research their results.

I also avoid all seeds that are autoflower or feminized but that is just my personal preference. Price doesn't bother me too much as I know I will easily get back my invested purchase price. I am a big fan of DJ Short so I am biased towards his plants genetics. I do like to read up on other strains that people have grown here at the Farm and see their results. There are lots of great choices to pick from. Have fun!

jagle

jagle

grew out a pack of killing fields, the purple pheono is good, very head high, and the green is more of a knock out, both good, but be careful they grow big and wild.

i also loved the ko kush, great smoke, heribei was alright, and jackberry x nycd freebie was delicious

M

magick81

I couldn't decide what i wanted, and was contemplating Herijuana, New Blue Diesel and Jack Herer. But I ended up getting The Killing Fields F3's. I saw some bud pics and the purple pheno's look like amazing dank!! I don't have any purple plants or any sativa dominants, so it was a no brainer. It will be nice to addition to my mix of seeds.

I can't wait to grow these out. After I get more experience I might try my hand at breeding my own seeds. I am thinking of crossing the Killing Fields (purple or pink pheno) with the heavy duty fruitys from TH Seeds.I'm just imagining how sweet that combo would be
laugh.gif

Just in regards to breeding, instead of breeding with a whole plant, I was wondering if I can just take a clone, veg it for a couple weeks so its still small, then flower and pollinate that small clone only. Will that be enough? Or should I breed a full size plant?

hubcap

hubcap

the best thing about KF is the pheno selection. something for everyone, all great 'all-around' performers.

sannie is standup, and of the varities ive tried (kf,shack,recovery haze, lady cane, etc) all were what I would consider 'high quality.'

if i had to pick my two faves...?

Killing Fields
and
Lady Cane

good luck with whatever you may choose.

-cap

hubcap

hubcap

Just in regards to breeding, instead of breeding with a whole plant, I was wondering if I can just take a clone, veg it for a couple weeks so its still small, then flower and pollinate that small clone only. Will that be enough? Or should I breed a full size plant?

mileage may vary, depending on who you may ask.... (us stoners are a weird bunch)
if its got pistils protruding from a calyx.... it can make seed. while some may argue its better to let it get some maturity, ive found it really doesnt make a difference.

again, mileage may vary, and I dont get as serious as some of my fellow farmers out there.

-cap

M

magick81

Thanks for the reply.
I ordered a pack of killing fields, and then later i got a pack jackberry.
I've also got Herijuana IBL and their Seed Propagator in my shopping cart, ready to buy at midnight thursday morning when my pay hits my bank account lol

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Good Seeds

Can't recommend sannies more, great value, great seeds, and a great guy. Be prepered to flower the KF for 11-12 weeks, I'd put it into flower pretty soon as it will get tall otherwise. Take care
Also love the extrema

mal

M

magick81

Yeah it looks amazing, i've fallen in love with the purple and pink pheno's.
Extrema sounds great too! Chemdawg crossed with somthing else if i remember correctly. I'm growing 5x Greenhouse Chemdogs at the moment, if i like them, i will definately give extrema a try later
I've added links to the growlog for em in my sig

Cheers
MagickZx

M

magick81

Thanks guys :D
I also have on order a pack of extrema. They look absolutely wicked! Resin looks hectic!

jagle

jagle

another +1 on the kf stretch, fuck me they go from 10inch tall to 4 feet with a stretch

M

magick81

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!
So how long do you guys veg them, on average?
I have room for them to grow about 5.5 feet, but would prefer to keep em a little shorter.

Cheers
DrMagickz

p.s I just placed my order for 5x Extrema seeds + 2x Mad Shack freebies :)

I can see my next grow now. 5x Heavy Duty Fruity, 5x Extrema, 5xKilling Fields, 5x Jackberry
Might chuck the MadShacks in there also if I have the room.

Its gonna be awesome! :D:bong2::confused0054::animbong::bong2::harvest::harvest::rollj::friday:

jagle

jagle

whats your growing style? straight up, topping, lst??? thatll effect height. if you go to my new grow long in my sig, go backk a few pages and youl see the kf i have going in a closet grow at the minute, youll see pics of the kids and what they stretched out to be, im flip at 8-10 inchs, 4/5 nodes man

hubcap

hubcap

So how long do you guys veg them, on average?
I have room for them to grow about 5.5 feet, but would prefer to keep em a little shorter.

Cheers
DrMagickz

the answer can be a little tricky, but, you offered some criteria, so that helps as well.
i suppose the best way I could answer that is by letting you know how I did it, and tweak the info to your style/method/ethos.

-In soil
-1 gal (3.785 L) of soil. (think: 50%fox farms ocean forest, 20%wormcastings30%perlite)
-Earth Juice regime (add: fish emulsion, kelp extract, dissolved brown sugar, etc)
-600W MH for veg
-600W HPS/MH flower (i use MH for first 3 weeks of flower, and the last two weeks.. no real science behind it, its just how I like to do things. i feel MH is often overlooked in flowering. one doesnt have to use HPS to flower.)
-from seed
-approx 4-5weeks of veg. (remember, from seed, so, it takes a lil time to get going. ;) ) untopped, approx 10-12" tall seeding, in one US gallon, can easily garner a 6-7 foot (1.83m - 2.13m)
-most phenos, stretch to some rate. people, generally find a hard hitting 'green pheno' or the beautifully colorful 'purple phenos.'...there are purple phenos that are, simply, sublime to smoke.
-generally, a light feeder with an 11+ flower time, so, saying to treat it like a sativa would probably fit here.
-takes training well, and would probably work quite well in a ScrOG with a skilled screen master at the helm.
-Weve come across everything from peppermints, to licorice, to 'berry,' to 'fruits' in the purple phenos, of which, i perfer. ;)

can work outdoors with theright climate, and some luck.

i can't thank sannie and hupla enough for turning me on to these varities.

it's not your 'typical dutch' skunks and such.

lemme know if theres anything else youre curious about.

-cap

C

corners

Just get the mixed pack, toherwise get the sannies jack or killing fields

Latest posts

Top Bottom