I cheaped out, now stuck w/skinny plants

• Thread starter Nooby701
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nooby701

Nooby701

So like the title says, I went the cheap route and now have scrony looking plants. Some background info: Second time grower, first time indoors. The first mistake was to get seeds from a friend (no clue what strain). Second mistake was to buy cheap Amazon lights (Gixxer) says they’re 110w but highly doubt it. And the third mistake was to not buy soil, but instead just dig up a bunch of dirt from my back yard. Have around 30 plants, started off with 50, but some died and the rest were males. About 10 of them are around 2-1/2 feet tall and the others are 1-1/2 and 1ft tall. The 2-1/2 ft y’all all in week 2 or 3 of flower and the others are in week 1. Any advice on what to do to maybe get them a bit thicker or promote more nodes? Silly question, ik but just curious. Thanks.

I cheaped out now stuck wskinny plants
I cheaped out now stuck wskinny plants 2
I cheaped out now stuck wskinny plants 3
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So like the title says, I went the cheap route and now have scrony looking plants. Some background info: Second time grower, first time indoors. The first mistake was to get seeds from a friend (no clue what strain). Second mistake was to buy cheap Amazon lights (Gixxer) says they’re 110w but highly doubt it. And the third mistake was to not buy soil, but instead just dig up a bunch of dirt from my back yard. Have around 30 plants, started off with 50, but some died and the rest were males. About 10 of them are around 2-1/2 feet tall and the others are 1-1/2 and 1ft tall. The 2-1/2 ft y’all all in week 2 or 3 of flower and the others are in week 1. Any advice on what to do to maybe get them a bit thicker or promote more nodes? Silly question, ik but just curious. Thanks.
I would give them more light and some sort of nutrients and see what happens. If you want inexpensive nutrients I would just go Jack's and then for light....full spectrum LED with a lean toward red. Seriously you can just pick up home depot bulbs if you want these days and they would help vs what you have imo. As for what is cheapest, I have no idea really.

To be specific with nutes, you have N P and K for the big 3. You want a good amount of N and K right now for growth. Once flowering is in full effect, that shifts to more P and K and N goes by the wayside while P ends up higher than K.

This is all super rough but idk how much you care so I am just trying to give basics.

I don't think it is hopeless from here by the way. Like it will be far from ideal, but I bet you could get some decent smoke with some changes from here.

Nooby701

Nooby701

I would give them more light and some sort of nutrients and see what happens. If you want inexpensive nutrients I would just go Jack's and then for light....full spectrum LED with a lean toward red. Seriously you can just pick up home depot bulbs if you want these days and they would help vs what you have imo. As for what is cheapest, I have no idea really.

To be specific with nutes, you have N P and K for the big 3. You want a good amount of N and K right now for growth. Once flowering is in full effect, that shifts to more P and K and N goes by the wayside while P ends up higher than K.

This is all super rough but idk how much you care so I am just trying to give basics.

I don't think it is hopeless from here by the way. Like it will be far from ideal, but I bet you could get some decent smoke with some changes from here.
Alright thanks! Will take into consideration, thanks for all the advice.!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

100% its a light issue. When changing the lights you will also need to readjust the nutrients.

Top Bottom