I could use some Spider mite help PLEASE !!!

• Thread starter Taurus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Taurus

Taurus

So I’ve never had spider mites in my room until now. Went to a new clone supplier and BAM , I’m at war. My plants are in the second week of veg. So far I’ve hit them twice HEAVY with WIPE OUT. Most adults are gone but young ones are still alive. How can I nuke what’s left and wipe them out BEFORE they become an issue? Is Forbid the answer? What can I use that WORKS? I don’t want to play around with these pests.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Must spray 3/4 days in a row covering both top and bottom of all leaves , damaged or not. Doesn’t hurt to rotate products - lost coast makes a good one - pure crop 1 makes a good one spinosad is common-and there are home remidies as well must stay vigilant ! Little bastards are difficult to eradicate. Keep after em

S

Sallygram

I have had issues with them that sometimes last for years, just when you think they are gone they come back. The only way I have gotten rid of them was with Actuate SC which is a heavy duty miticide so what I do is spray them every five days while they are in veg and the first two weeks of bloom with it. I also spray the surrounding area. The thing that I think made it so the other safer killers didn't work well was that I was growing in coir and they are good at hiding in it. So after my last bought I switched to hydro and have not had any issues since. They do suck especially because you will think you got rid of them and they will come back. Good Luck

Taurus

Taurus

Must spray 3/4 days in a row covering both top and bottom of all leaves , damaged or not. Doesn’t hurt to rotate products - lost coast makes a good one - pure crop 1 makes a good one spinosad is common-and there are home remidies as well must stay vigilant ! Little bastards are difficult to eradicate. Keep after em
Which one should I hit em with next? Your favorite? Do you recommend Forbid?

JeffWix67

JeffWix67

Can't beat 92% - 98% rubbing alcohol 50/50 with water...spray over and under all leaves and stalks....I like to use Dr. Zymes after that...kill them dead and melt them in their eggs.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Before spraying/dunking I would employ a knockdown measure, then a sulfur dip then start a neem spray. Best to start with a solid IPM from the get go. Prevention first!

having said that, you can absolutely control this unless it’s crazy out of control.

Makes my stomach turn just thinking of smoking mite protein. Makes for a harsh toke I hear 🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

P

Pike

Pluck all the leaf material and toss, then spray forbid, avid or any like pesticide if you want um gone for good. It’s a good idea to use two products three days apart, keeps little fuckers from building immunitie. You can also use less harmful stuff like Capt Jacks, and such.
personally I no longer fuck around, when I get any bugs or pm type shit, I just get the product that destroys the problem ASAP.

when in flower, if you didn’t spot um by then I’d use organic remedies till two weeks left and hope fully they don’t ruin the crop.

I know that ag pesticides are removed from the outdoor plants from the uv of the sun. Why shits edible two weeks after a spraying. Indoors takes a bit more time for it to get out of a plant. Buddy/breeder friend of mine in humbolet tells me his mixture sprayed before flower has been thru lab tests and there are no traces. I don’t have no idea, but I wouldn’t do it at this point.

eagle20, Sevin, forbid, all mixed together and sprayed on plants before the flip. Hehe

Moshmen

Moshmen

Which one should I hit em with next? Your favorite? Do you recommend Forbid?
I personally use pure crop 1 and a homemade soap I have no idea what’s in it and spinosad the pure crop and spinosad soap you can get at most hydros stores and Amazon - I say 4 days in a row cuz you may get all the adults day one but then eggs hatch fat two and if ya do t get em ur starting over.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I like to remove all my plants. Destroy them. And then I sterilize the area. Clean the filters. And the use ozone and peroxide to nuke the space. But I mean gotta shut down the clone guy too. He owes you.
I wish I could ! This is the best way - shut and sterilize

Taurus

Taurus

I like to remove all my plants. Destroy them. And then I sterilize the area. Clean the filters. And the use ozone and peroxide to nuke the space. But I mean gotta shut down the clone guy too. He owes you.
Yea no shit! He said they were “clean” and sprayed with sulfur . I never had a pest before due to always getting clean clones and sterilizing my space between grows. This dude really screwed me with this mess! I just want to get rid of them and finish my grow if possible

Ponky

Ponky

Yea no shit! He said they were “clean” and sprayed with sulfur . I never had a pest before due to always getting clean clones and sterilizing my space between grows. This dude really screwed me with this mess! I just want to get rid of them and finish my grow if possible
Well... you can control them. And finish early. But you are in store for a full reset and clean. And that clone house is over until they do also. Spider mites require nuclear action. And in one week they can go from a couple webs to completely coating entire plants. And looking like a squirming mass.
I'm not sure. But it may be possible to spray them with alcohol. Without harming the buds too much. Just careful spraying alcohol near ignition sources.

jscheel111

jscheel111

So I’ve never had spider mites in my room until now. Went to a new clone supplier and BAM , I’m at war. My plants are in the second week of veg. So far I’ve hit them twice HEAVY with WIPE OUT. Most adults are gone but young ones are still alive. How can I nuke what’s left and wipe them out BEFORE they become an issue? Is Forbid the answer? What can I use that WORKS? I don’t want to play around with these pests.

jscheel111

jscheel111

Had the little bastards last year. I beat them with- neem oil then hydrogen peroxide then sesame seed oil and Dr doom. Spray the hell out of em! Pressure sprayer. Bottom and tops! Spray every 2-3 days. They get immune to just one thing!
Now I use the Neem, hydrogen peroxide and sesame oil as a preventative measure. Spray the floor, walls and ceiling. Those bastards will trick you into thinking they're gone and once you see them... they've been there for awhile

Taurus

Taurus

Had the little bastards last year. I beat them with- neem oil then hydrogen peroxide then sesame seed oil and Dr doom. Spray the hell out of em! Pressure sprayer. Bottom and tops! Spray every 2-3 days. They get immune to just one thing!
Now I use the Neem, hydrogen peroxide and sesame oil as a preventative measure. Spray the floor, walls and ceiling. Those bastards will trick you into thinking they're gone and once you see them... they've been there for awhile
These came in on clones I just got and planted, I’m ahead of the game here and looking for ways to nuke them before it becomes an issue. The plants are small so I can cover completely in a spray. I hit em with wipe out twice, then I’m thinking forbid and then sulfur, your thoughts?

Ponky

Ponky

If they're just clones you can rinse them with bleach water. And hit them with assorted pesticides. And as long as you get the place clean they can be saved. A thorough rinse and visual inspection and if you get them all dead you win.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well... you can control them. And finish early. But you are in store for a full reset and clean. And that clone house is over until they do also. Spider mites require nuclear action. And in one week they can go from a couple webs to completely coating entire plants. And looking like a squirming mass.
I'm not sure. But it may be possible to spray them with alcohol. Without harming the buds too much. Just careful spraying alcohol near ignition sources.
Alcohol does not work

Moshmen

Moshmen

You can win and get to a harvest but it ain’t easy! Good luck I got em right now as well - sux I run a perpetual right now but will be resetting here soon! Most will get turned into hash

0E78787D 7E6E 4FE6 A55D A8F440DD4883
8C5E0A79 CDE0 4888 BC1D 9B386ED3BA79
Top Bottom