I cracked open a jar today after 6 mos cure

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I find it funny that any would argue the cure does not make the flavor.
A good cure is what makes it taste so good and it smokes clean too.

I love Sour D. It is probably my favorite terpene taste next to whatever was in that malawi/panama because that shit tasted awesome.

I wish i could find a 6 month old jar....I have a mysterious 1 quart jar around someplace with a white rhino that grew well. OR do i

It is kind of nice producing my own. Now when i get high and hide my stash in a good place i can get it from the main stash until i uncover my genius hiding spot.
lmao...….. aw heck man we stoners never forget where we put shyt. :D

SinCity

SinCity

I use the big uns. But any size works depending on your stash size. Just remember not to pack them in too tight. Allow free movement of your buds . Foodsaver has an attachment you can buy that will vacuum seal either sized jar. I have both small mouthed and large mouthed. Works like a charm. :D

I also store them in a horizonal position. I don't like the way the weight of the bud column compacts itself by standing them upright. Make sense?

Makes all kinds of sense. Grateful to you :)

SinCity

SinCity

you adopt this method and you will never look back. I know I didn't.

Goes to say why spend all that time on the front end of the grow with fine genetics and scrimp at the tail end where it matters most. :D

it can never be said too often nor too strongly. It's sooooooooo much about the cure. Makes or breaks.k

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
i've been admiring the Jean Jaures quote for awhile now. Thought it was time to compliment you on the selection.
Thank you. Love the quote......the quote pretty much describes where I live. Always fabricating the next boogy man to chase. Lots of cash to be made waging war. Until that changes, good luck for World Peace. Need to stop there. Before I get deleted. :D

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I treat curing and long term storage separately, I dont like to cure forever. Eventually oxygen destroys everything.

I like to dry it around 17- 18 celcius and low-mid 60's humidity for a week to 10 days. Then I cure it in large vac seal bags with a hygrometer inside , dumping them out once a week and turning it, changing the air. I try and keep humidity between 60-63% as long as possible. After a couple weeks they stabilize and I then Heat seal it and leave it for up to 6 months.

Any that lasts longer than 6 months, I'll store by dropping the RH in the bags to 50-55% by airing them out daily for an hour. I then purge the bag with nitrogen gas, draw some of the air volume out without squishing the bud, heat seal it and freeze it. It can stay fresh that way for a couple years easily. I do the same thing with hops.

Top Bottom