I don’t know what went wrong HELP!

• Thread starter RioGBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RioGBP

RioGBP

My seedling a few days ago starting showing weird signs of some type of deficiency and she’s the only one. My other plants grow in the same soil mix and received the same water and are fine..except her she just started this, she was just happy and praying a week ago now she’s all shriveled. I tested the run off and it was super dark compared to the others and PH was 6.5 I tested again and it jumped to 6.7 the others are 6.3 I have never encountered this before. And I wanna save her/ know how to fix it so I can prevent it from happening with my other plants. I’ve attached pictures so you can see. She was wet because I just misted her. Btw this was Wednesday she looks worse.
I’ll upload recents if needed just LMK

I dont know what went wrong help
I dont know what went wrong help 2
TSD

TSD

Maybe light burn... looks like you have a blurple light? How close? Need more info. Seedlinga are very delicate, they don't like a lot of light, and misting with the light on is magnifying the light. My seedlings only see fluorescent shop lights till they are a few weeks old. You're not giving nutes yet I hope, she's too young for that. Your soil also looks dense, chunky and wet, but I can't really tell from that pic. The necrotic parts of the leaves are likely from over watering, they can only use very little water as seedlings and need to somewhat dry out in between, like all plants in soil.

RioGBP

RioGBP

Maybe light burn... looks like you have a blurple light? How close? Need more info. Seedlinga are very delicate, they don't like a lot of light, and misting with the light on is magnifying the light. My seedlings only see fluorescent shop lights till they are a few weeks old. You're not giving nutes yet I hope, she's too young for that. Your soil also looks dense, chunky and wet, but I can't really tell from that pic. The necrotic parts of the leaves are likely from over watering, they can only use very little water as seedlings and need to somewhat dry out in between, like all plants in soil.
I did have a higher powered light that was brighter it comes with a dimming knob in it I switched it out because it got too warm in there for my liking it was hard to get it under 80 degrees in there and I was I was feed them about 5-8 ml of water from a pipette. Right before it turned bad one of my fans when out and when I checked it was like 90 degrees in there so I decided to switch the lights, this light is not as bright and it’s about a foot away from them and the temp never gets above 77 now. And I was giving nute but nothing serious just calmeg and fish shit 3 ml of each in a half gal but they have been feeding out of a water bottle. This is what she looks like now the soil is wet because I did a run off check.

TSD

TSD

I did have a higher powered light that was brighter it comes with a dimming knob in it I switched it out because it got too warm in there for my liking it was hard to get it under 80 degrees in there and I was I was feed them about 5-8 ml of water from a pipette. Right before it turned bad one of my fans when out and when I checked it was like 90 degrees in there so I decided to switch the lights, this light is not as bright and it’s about a foot away from them and the temp never gets above 77 now. And I was giving nute but nothing serious just calmeg and fish shit 3 ml of each in a half gal but they have been feeding out of a water bottle. This is what she looks like now the soil is wet because I did a run off check. View attachment 1183381
12 inches is probably too close for an led on a seedling... someone that knows more about that type if light can elaborate, but I'd say at least 2 feet away. You don't feed nutes right off, definitely not calmag and even fish shit is too strong. You also need some perlite in your soil (or is that vermiculitein there?) your roots will get no air with compact soil. I'd chock this up to a learning experience and start a new seed man, even if she pulls through she'll probably be pretty stunted... but you never know. Those leaves are just about toast... she probably won't be able to photosynthesize for much longer.

TSD

TSD

Also climate control is your number one priority. That's way too hot even for larger strong plants.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Perfect temp and humidity for growing? 50% RH, 76 deg in light, 60 deg in the dark.

Runoff??? Why? You are in soil? Why and what are you feeding?
This is way over watered and looks moldy.

Trash all of it and wash the pot with soap and water.
You have too much happening here to try and work it out.

Question, How do you want to grow? Simple (water only mostly) or complex (Hydroponics)?
It will make a difference in what you do and when.

RioGBP

RioGBP

I did have a higher powered light that was brighter it comes with a dimming knob in it I switched it out because it got too warm in there for my liking it was hard to get it under 80 degrees in there and I was I was feed them about 5-8 ml of water from a pipette. Right before it turned bad one of my fans when out and when I checked it was like 90 degrees in there so I decided to switch the lights, this light is not as bright and it’s about a foot away from them and the temp never gets above 77 now. And I was giving nute but nothing serious just calmeg and fish shit 3 ml of each in a half gal but they have been feeding out of a water bottle.
you killed it with too much of everything, and they don’t need any nutrients for a couple weeks.,
start over and start it on here so the growers can help you out.,
Alright, I popped some more and for the others I already have they will get just PH water from now on (at least until they get bigger) and so will the new ones when they surface.

I appreciate the help to everyone! Definitely a learning experience.

RioGBP

RioGBP

Perfect temp and humidity for growing? 50% RH, 76 deg in light, 60 deg in the dark.

Runoff??? Why? You are in soil? Why and what are you feeding?
This is way over watered and looks moldy.

Trash all of it and wash the pot with soap and water.
You have too much happening here to try and work it out.

Question, How do you want to grow? Simple (water only mostly) or complex (Hydroponics)?
It will make a difference in what you do and when.
Soil is how I grow, I’m using fox farm soil now and in my past run I used regularly potting soil from the store for my last run and that probably was my best run so far.

Top Bottom