I don’t really know what I should be trimming

• Thread starter Concrete_rex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xhale

Xhale

looks beautiful. Continue to cut those large leaves. Try to save the small leaves that have frost on them (frost = thc+cbd+etc). Those will also protect the buds as the plant dries out.

Vagician

Vagician

How partial are you towards wet trimming? Dry trimming is, IMO, the best way to go. Wet trimming destroys trichomes and makes the curing process harder to monitor/control. Having the extra leaves on the branches/buds allows the buds to dry slower so that you don't lose terpenes/flavor. There's people who are religious about either wet or dry trimming but I go to the dry church.

If you still want to trim wet, start by snipping out the fan leaves. Then snip off the individual buds from the main branch and leave a section of stem for a handle so you don't touch the buds directly. Then shape the bud by trimming the trichome covered leaves. Don't dig in too far or you'll be removing trichome covered calyxes. Collect the trim for joints/edibles.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

If it's frosty I don't cut it off, so cut the leaves off where the crystals stop

if the fan leaves are huge and I know I have to lay the stuff sideways on something(shelf or whatever) to dry I try to save some bigger leaves that will protect the buds a bit, but I wouldjn't worry about that on your first tirm.

Concrete_rex

Concrete_rex

looks beautiful. Continue to cut those large leaves. Try to save the small leaves that have frost on them (frost = thc+cbd+etc). Those will also protect the buds as the plant dries out.
Thank you

Concrete_rex

Concrete_rex

Thank you all I really appreciate it left anything With remotely any frost gonna just hang now

Xhale

Xhale

You can take those 2 big ones off as well. then from about 4s in the video, you see a bunch of big leaves at the bottom of the plant, take some of those out too.

but no worries, you will see exactly what mst come off when it dries a bit more...check it again for leaves to trim after 3or4 days. You will clearly see the wrong ones turn color by then

Top Bottom