I Fought The Jones And I WON!

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

That's right....I'm officially 7 days clean of tobacco, about 3 clear of nicotine replacement pills....FUCK TOBACCO!

I've been smoking the evil weed since I was a teenager and I'm no spring chicken now (I'm 40 next year), and I've been smoking spliffs ever since, with the exception of 2 years living in Berkeley - but I still smoked cigarettes.

Anyone else still addicted to nicotine - GET OFF OF THAT SHIT! It's not that bad - the first couple of days are pretty hairy, I'll grant you that - but afterwards it gets much easier much more quickly. In the first 48 hours I got into waaaaaay too many road rage incidents on the scoot, often culminating in me punching someone's window trying to get them to step out (i.e. instant asshole). But no-one was harmed and I'm now a happier, calmer and old soul :)

Couple more things:

- nicotine pills don't fix the jones entirely, which shows that there's a lot more than just raw tobacco leaf in cigarettes which contributes to the addiction

- the fact that nicotine pills work as effectively as they do is a scary thing because it means you're properly physically addicted to the nicotine

Get off it....I should have done this a long long time ago but I needed to finish the academic work first. Mixing in an addictive substance with a non-addictive herb is so wrong, but I only just got it. Don't make my mistake, or perpetuate your own!!

FF

L

luvinlife

Big Congratulations FF!!!!! I was a camel(loved them camels) smoker for over 12 years and have been cigi free for 3 years now!! It's a great thing man......your definitely right about the first few days...... there was more than one person that reminded me what an asshole I was being but after 2-3 days it was good!!!!! I quit cold turkey but to each their own whatever helps ya kick it is most defintiely worth while!!! congrats again man! LL

O

ojd

congrats bro
i was so happy when i did it
your lungs will be having a party inside

tobaco is nasty shit

i give up a year plus ago
watch out tho since last year im geting a fat belly
even friends say man you geting fat these days lol

head over to mine for a heavy session of pure weed

peace
congrats again bro i know how hard it is to get that monkey of your back

for me the nicotine patches worked a treat
i did not smoke cigaretes but put tobaco in joint(i know i know its a euro thing)
i tried without patches and caved the same day
so next day got patches and used them for 2 weeks and its been over a year clean and id never go back
anyone having trouble trying to quit try patches
but dont listen to what they say(6-8 weeks of patches)i used it for 2 weeks cuting down dosage after 7 days

K

krizznapp

Congratz FastForward!I just paid $51.00 for a carton of Marlboro's :devil I'm hoping to give them up real soon too.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Major congrats FF. I smoked two packs of marlboro reds a day for two years at the height of my nicotine use. Quiting cigs, (for anyone) is not an easy thing to do. Herb is the ONLY way to go. Once again FF, Major congrats. The hardest part is kicking the venom, once thats over, you just got to maintain. I commend you for beating that god forsaken poison!!

B

baggins

I was genuinely afraid to try to quit. I had been smoking for 25 years and the addiction was getting worse. I was up to 3 packs a day and I didn't know what to do. So I went the cold turkey route. Just stopped. That was 12 years ago.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Woohoo another member in the no tabaco crew :) .

honestly its the best thing i did.. 2 years now... seem to smoke less green but get more high... win win situation

Congrats Fastforward

L

livinglegend

fuckin congrats man. your stronger than me. i havnt completely quit dude, i still have 1 or two a day. its good im down to that, but its proving to be impossible to quit completely. i do the whole "cant help to smoke when im drinking" thing too. pathetic but true. i gotta stop.

M

Monkey

Congrats man

:fighting0040: keep up the good fight

Proud Monkey:animal0057:

F

FastForward

Thanks all. It's just a readjustment, but it's a bazillion times easier than having to adjust to no weed. Angry bastard for 24-48 hours then another 2 days of mad eating/insatiable appetite but then you're done with the hard stuff - the rest is just in your head, and that's easy to reprogram with a bong :)

To those of you who are still using tobacco: JUST TRY IT! (quitting that is!) Seriously, I got some "pre-quit" pills @ 4mg and just used them in quarters, spitting them out when I felt the jones go. I've not smoked cigarettes for years - but have been smoking joints like cigarettes in that time (about 10-15 a day, about 60% green, 40% 'lite' cigarette (silk cut silver) so my nicotine addiction was more about frequency of small amounts rather than large amounts. BUT - if you're a 40 marlboro a day I have no doubt that if you take the right level of pill you'll beat the jones too. Seriously.....IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN DO IT....(I have zero willpower and a healthy appetite for more).

OJD - bro...I spent a good few hours smoking pures with Herb at his place (Chernobyl, I think about 7 different phenos) and I'm LOVING the new taste of every single j. It tastes SO much better...I couldn't go back to tobacco now because it would fuck up the taste. I've got that G13xDeep Chunk hanging at the moment, when it's ready I'll come over for a big smoke :)

R

redog

My sorry ass story

I started when I was 9.Peer pressure and all that.Wanted to hang with the cool crowd.
I quit when I was 25 when I lived in Austin,TX back in the mid 80's.
I started again while working for the airlines.I did 16+ years with that outfit and I bet for all but 4 years I was worried about being laid off.
It is something I think about everyday.I know how I did it back then.I'm not at that point yet, but it's close.
I remember after one month something in my head clicked and said this shits been playing your mind for all
these years and the worst was over, but that month was hell.
For a whole year after that I would get those cravings out of the blue and smile because I knew I had it licked.Then the stress of working at IAD and worrying about getting laid off took it's toll and I started again.
I had quit for 15 years!
I hate the fuckers.
Financially it's just about impossible to afford anymore.
So I can only hope it will be soon.
This thread really hit home and made me feel like a complete loser!

S

Sway

ive been trying to kick the habit...been a tobacco smoker for almost ten years... u give me much inspiration to stop this nasty expensive habit. ive tried to quit cold turkey, but i feel like i didnt want to quit enough to actually make it work. so i started smoking again after like a day haha. im pathetic. i just need to stop. or maybe replace my cigarettes with doobies

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

I smoked a pack a day for about 9 years, quit on may 11th of this year cold turkey:) Those first few days were defniatly intense, Just the table being a bit messy was really pissing me off, haha. I started rolling my own to save money but then even that got to expensive, so i quit and bought a hps:P Best decision ever, ahhh. Google some images of people that have cancer when you feel the urge to have another smoke and the craving quickly dissapates. At this point I don't even think about cigs, my friends smoke around me and it doesn't bother me at all. I did stockup on bud and smoked mainly joints for 2-3 weeks, by then the cravings were gone all together really. During the first week I used gum and hard candy to keep me occupied when I was around somebody smoking a cig. My body definatly feels alot better, and I don't drag ass for an hour in the morning huffing down cigs to wake up.

Top Bottom