I got stunned seedlings, start over ??

• Thread starter Neoliet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neoliet

Neoliet

I had some trouble with my seedlings: they appeared stunned for the last 5 days!

1. Paper solo cups are really bad! In Europe they don’t sell anymore plastic cups / straws / etc.

I noticed the paper cups hold water and have terrible drainage.

2. My timer for the light was not on! I noticed that yesterday, so they had never had any sleep!

Also I have burrowed the seedlings deeper.. I’m hoping to see some improvement the next 2 days.

Is there still hope? Or do I need to start over ??

I got stunned seedlings start over

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

And punch more drainage holes. Those are overwatered plants.

Drinking cups are mediocre, at best, as plant containers. People use them for one reason: They're cheap and widely available. Don't fret that you can't get plastic ones. They suck, too.

Neoliet

Neoliet

get some proper pots..
If they survive and start growing again, they will be transferred after 1 week into 19 liters smart autopots. Next time I will buy special solo cups for cannabis cultivation and not use paper drinking cups.

2Bad

2Bad

If they survive and start growing again, they will be transferred after 1 week into 19 liters smart autopots. Next time I will buy special solo cups for cannabis cultivation and not use paper drinking cups.
theres lots of small grow bags out there.. good luck man. is that coco coir?

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I had some trouble with my seedlings: they appeared stunned for the last 5 days!

1. Paper solo cups are really bad! In Europe they don’t sell anymore plastic cups / straws / etc.

2. My timer for the light was not on! I noticed that yesterday, so they had never had any sleep!

Also I have burrowed the seedlings deeper.. I’m hoping to see some improvement the next 2 days.

View attachment 1221913
Those look a lot like mine when I started them in solo cups too. They recovered nicely once in 3.5 gallon autopots with Coco/perlite mix from Roots Organics. Have a look at my thread Explosive Growth in Coco Coir to see how much they turned into monsters. OK to start slow, just costs you some time, unless growing autoflowers.

Neoliet

Neoliet

I mean the problem probably isnt the cup then... what kind of coco is it? bricked? bagged? brand?
Cana coco plus, but I had poor drainage, I think the coco was to wet on the bottom after I disposed the runoff.

Neoliet

Neoliet

Those look a lot like mine when I started them in solo cups too. They recovered nicely once in 3.5 gallon autopots with Coco/perlite mix from Roots Organics. Have a look at my thread Explosive Growth in Coco Coir to see how much they turned into monsters. OK to start slow, just costs you some time, unless growing autoflowers.
Nice! I’m hoping my seedlings will do the the same… do you drip feed them and how much water you give them a day or a week?

2Bad

2Bad

Cana coco plus, but I had poor drainage, I think the coco was to wet on the bottom after I disposed the runoff.
i'm sure its too wet as well but I was looking into it and idk if they actually buffered the kind you have is it canna coco professional plus? on the sites selling it all it says is its washed in fresh water it doesn't say buffered with cal-mag.. but hopefully i'm wrong and it was.

2Bad

2Bad

Can you check to make sure it was buffered..take a cup of water test the E/C or ppm then put the soil in it and check again

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Buy 3 reusable shopping bags and enough fertilizer-free potting soil to fill them with some left over. Transplant into the shopping bags. I know they have those everywhere.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

View attachment 1221913
There comes a time when you just gotta bite the bullet ..trash them and start new...I think I fried these with the wrong feed jug at 2 weeks old I believe I gave them 5/5/5 instead of .25/.25/.25......this was the result after 1.5 months...I still have them growing / living in the dark cold garage I put them in 2 weeks ago....

Top Bottom