I have a BHO machine that I need to streamline.

• Thread starter knunchakaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
knunchakaman

knunchakaman

I have a machine that I need to set up so that I will produce some quality extract. It has 3 x 6”ID closed jacketed tubes ….a large jacketed gas receiving tank with a cooling coil….and a 12”jacketed receiving vessel. Ill send some pics….but I need to figure out how to get it all cold…and add crc filtering to it.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

As far as cold goes, I think your options are dry ice, chillers, or liquid Co2/nitrogen

Ponky

Ponky

Dry ice. Where your name might have to go on a list. If its a tamesium type. Open blasting in bulk isn't worth it. Lab supply places sell parts for that stuff. It's used in the essential oil industry. The recovery pump is important.

knunchakaman

knunchakaman

ill use dry ice…my jackets are closed…so im assuming i use alcohol to circulate….but not sure what kind of alcohol…just antifreeze? and what kind of pump and piping…how cold are we going to be able to achieve for a run. also want to know about how to run the solvent through the material…does it matter whether u reverse direction? etc

knunchakaman

knunchakaman

463B3BA9 36AA 4655 BE89 DAC3C4EBE125
080FA1BA EBF6 4A6F 8FFC 2EFB51890B3E
A904A812 224C 4B90 8827 CEF44A27A83F
8E3F6924 6A72 4349 8916 765542B8A896

knunchakaman

knunchakaman

do i need to freeze the tube and material also before I introduce the cold solvent? Its a lot of trouble to chill the tubes and material…easy to chill the solvent down… If I get my solvent chilled to -70 … I know my material isnt holding many btu…maybe some btu in the metal tube but not much…….do i need to get tube with the material to -70 also? Im sure it will get there as soon as the solvent hits it.

Ponky

Ponky

do i need to freeze the tube and material also before I introduce the cold solvent? Its a lot of trouble to chill the tubes and material…easy to chill the solvent down… If I get my solvent chilled to -70 … I know my material isnt holding many btu…maybe some btu in the metal tube but not much…….do i need to get tube with the material to -70 also? Im sure it will get there as soon as the solvent hits it.
Honestly I left this part up to my buddy. It involves measuring temperatures and doing timed stuff. Lots of dry ice. It's a whole science project. I'd have to pay my buddy to set it up and show me. But yeah. It all needs to be made up to snuff. You don't want a leak. Or worse.

Ponky

Ponky

In our process is was dry ice and either butane or hexane. Or CO2 super critical. Similar but different. Never alcohol.

knunchakaman

knunchakaman

I have closed jacketed material tubes. So I cant put dry ice into the tubes. This machine runs 8lbs per tube. I have 3 tubes

Ponky

Ponky

I have closed jacketed material tubes. So I cant put dry ice into the tubes. This machine runs 8lbs per tube. I have 3 tubes
You probably need to check with the manufacturer. Like I said I have to hire a guy. And the dry ice was for the outside of the machine. I don't know how it all works.

knunchakaman

knunchakaman

Does anyone know if this BHO machine will work better if I set up for reverse flow through the material also or can I just shoot in one direction and get as good results? I know you dont want channeling. Do I need to pack my material densely? And Does flow direction matter when your extracting material?

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

Sounds exactly like he needs to hire a guy or do more research. You definitely shouldn't be pressuring a solvent without knowing if your closed loop system is truly "closed' I'm shocked he's not aware of the many garages exploded like his due to a leak in the system. It doesn't even need to be an ignition source to cause an explosion, but even the flickering of electrical outlets. IMO if not going to do the research a rosin press would be a better bet.

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

Does anyone know if this BHO machine will work better if I set up for reverse flow through the material also or can I just shoot in one direction and get as good results? I know you dont want channeling. Do I need to pack my material densely? And Does flow direction matter when your extracting material?
This is more of a growers forum. I believe you would be better off on an extractors forum.

Perhaps you may find the information you will need better on future4200 I would see a lot of talk about extracts on their.

C

Cspringgrowing

I have a machine that I need to set up so that I will produce some quality extract. It has 3 x 6”ID closed jacketed tubes ….a large jacketed gas receiving tank with a cooling coil….and a 12”jacketed receiving vessel. Ill send some pics….but I need to figure out how to get it all cold…and add crc filtering to

Top Bottom